Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does it annoy anyone else how youtubers/ influencers - Zoe in particular - decide how much people can “know” them depending on the scenario?
For example, when that girl called Alfie an asshole in the toilet in Bruges, Zoe pretty much said “you don’t know us so you’re wrong”. Yet in her advent calendar “apology”, she said “if you know me, you’ll know I’m not that type of person”. Do we know you or not Zoe???!!
When she needs people to love and adore her, then that’s because we “know” her, yet when people critique or are concerned, then those opinions are invalid because we don’t “know" them. So annoying.
Most mainstream celebs don’t ever comment on things like this because they know they can’t have it both ways and this is just what comes with fame (and fortune).
You put out what information/content you want about yourself, and then deal with the consequences and learn from mistakes/short comings by changing your actions (and properly apologising if appropriate). You don’t demand your fans get to know you and love you because "you’re all friends” and “you keep it real on your channel” yet when people dare to comment negatively on something you’ve done, how dare they assume they know anything about you?!
It’s just so unclassy and ungrateful.
In a video recently, Jim Chapman says he tries to live by the royal family motto “don’t complain and don’t explain” and that he fully understands that with fame comes downsides and to moan about them is pointless. Although not a fan of his, I thought that was pretty classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 128

bobby768

Wow, I just read that sex toy article and it’s really really bad. Twice refers to ‘penis owners’ or ‘penis-having partner’ - can we really not say men now for fear of offending the woke brigade?!

All the language is cringey as fuck and it’s patently obvious they haven’t actually tried these things out, just parroted out the advertising spiel in order to promote the affiliate links. Plus, a number of the toys are well over the £100 price point - one I think is nearly £200! Even if you buy that her audience has grown up with her, how many early-mid 20s have a couple of hundred quid to spend on a vibrator?! Really?

Not all men have penises and not all people with penises are men. The fact that they are using inclusive language is a good thing.
And more importantly, it's not about 'offending the woke brigade', it's about not erasing the existence of trans, non-binary and intersex people. Transphobia is rife, and with all the shitty laws that have been passed recently using inclusive language is the very least we can do.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 117

bookish

this is so true.
neither of them are ever interested in what the other is saying. they just talk over each other, or stay silent whilst the other is speaking. they never get excited over the same thing or even engage in a conversation that is for both of them.
it's like they don't realise a relationship doesn't have to be like this because it's all they know.
also, they have been together for so long and have invested in so much together that it's easier to be with someone comfortable that they basically don't like than to end it.
now you've pointed this out, i think they are equally shit to each other. zoe likes to put him down as much as he does her. but because of the point you made, it definitely seems like she is more into him. it's just for selfish reasons though, to prove to everyone that the youtube 'it' couple will never break up
On a random note: I've said a few times in this forum that my boyfriend and I remind me of Alfie and Zoe. We love each other a lot and have been together for almost 6 years. But my boyfriend checked out of the relationship a long time ago, and I was the only one desperate for attention.

The past week, I just sat down with him and told him that I want him to be in a relationship which makes him thrive and that he hurts me more by not loving me but holding onto me than just breaking up with me.

We broke up after that discussion. It's painful, and he's moving out tomorrow.

Zoe, as a girl who dated an Alfie - you just have to be frank and give them permission to breakup with you. Otherwise, they won't have the courage to do it. You'll be hurt and shocked at how quickly they admit the truth, but it's necessary.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100

epicmature

Chatty Member
Omg I totally meant no harm, I haven’t done any of those things either!! I meant to say influencer couples!!! Sorry if I offended anyone on here. I’ll say anything to slag off Zalfie, I could eat pizza for lunch and dinner and it’s fine but if they do it I’ll slag them off 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

fwooper

VIP Member
Alfie is living on an entirely differently planet, with the emotional depth of a peanut. He's in no state to be considering marriage and children. His latest video where he talks about selling his old cars was the most emotional I've ever seen him - he even went to the effort of making a bloody compilation of clips of him driving his old cars. If only he spoke about Zoe the way he talks about his beloved Audi A3 and Range Rover Evoque.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90

twiddles

also wouldn’t promote a podcast of someone that’s just trying to latch on the fame of my brother
She’s a professional ballroom dancer on the most popular reality and entertainment show in the UK and comes across really well on it which is why she’s getting other opportunities. She’s toured the world without Joe’s help and has done fine for herself without him. If anything he’s latching onto her and is often referred to as “Strictly’s Dianne Buswell’s boyfriend” in the media.

She may not have the same following on social media than Zoe, Alfie or Joe but she is far more successful in mainstream media than those three will ever be.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

bedtimereader

Chatty Member
So I've just had a vlog pop up of Alfie's on holiday in Dubai (called Relaxing Holiday With My Girlfriend) and thought ooh I've never seen them out of the house. OH. MY. DEYES. I know she doesn't like going out when they're at home but by the end of it I did think the guy has the patience of a saint. A real insight when it's not her vlog into what a miserable boring person she is. So after him being so excited about going and watching an hour or so long show, she got the car to drop her off because she (surprise surprise) felt unwell while he went on his own and when he got back she was just watching TV and playing on her phone - which she was doing in the background of every other bit of the vlog. I know he gets a lot of criticism but in that particular video I just thought 'how on earth do you put up with that?' what a rubbish holiday - the most animated she got was when he gave her a lush bath bomb (that he got when he went to the mall on his own). Never mind everyone on here telling her to up and leave him and move on - I don't think he's getting a particularly great deal out of the relationship himself other than the fact she holds some of the purse strings.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88

Blahblahbuzzy

“New year, same me”

So no ring and bump, an unhealthy lifestyle and being as boring an humanly possible so?

You have to give it to her, she’s consistent.
I am having a horrible miscarriage and I find all the 'no bump' chat very distressing. You don't know what she is going through in private with regards to ttc... it can be a minefield (I know, and it can take YEARS of grief before you come out the end). I hate all the stupid undisclosed ads she does but seriously, stop with the no bump chat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81

PeachyJam

When talking about something directly related to your genitals (such as periods or sex toys) it's not about "defining people by their genitals" to use inclusive language it's just practical. It's exclusionary to say "ladies let's discuss your vagina" when not all ladies have vaginas and there's men with vaginas who would like that advice without being referred to as a woman.
ETA: while these terms might sound a little clunky at the moment to some, I think with time people will get more used to these terms and then hurrah we have more inclusive language that comfortably fits into the conversation!
Women have worked really hard for centuries for their rights to freedom and to not be shamed for periods and such (many parts of the world still do shame them) but now they have to be called "People with vaginas?" because of the less than 1% of the populations who identify as male and have a vagina? I know a few people who are F-M trans and I have had this discussion with them and they don't agree with using these terms. They want to be men and not a "Person with a vagina" just as much as women want to be called women. Who is actually pushing this agenda?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 78

epicmature

Chatty Member
Not being funny but I don’t know a single couple now who haven’t either broken up, got engaged, or got pregnant in 2020. It either brought people together or drove them apart, especially lockdown. The fact that these two have done neither is telling of how fucking stagnant they are

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 72

Moot22

VIP Member
It’s really quite sad watching Zoe excitedly talk about all the Christmas traditions her parents did for her and Joe. I wish she would realise that no amount of money, chocolate oranges or Cadbury advent calendars are going to bring back those feelings. She’ll only get that through passing them down to her own kids and watching them get excited about them themselves. She really needs to start making some personal decisions this year otherwise she’s always going to be miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

earlgrey

VIP Member
Another Christmas has gone by then without a ring from Alfie. If he’s proposed at Christmas we’d 100000% have heard about it! I have seen a record amount of people getting engaged over Christmas, both celeb and friends so was half wondering if Alfie would finally pull it out of the bag..... nope
(Off topic, but I got engaged this Christmas! :love:) I can't believe he hasn't done it yet, it's well overdue. A Christmas proposal is perfect for Zoe and it's obvious she desperately wants it. It's honestly so depressing because if he hasn't done it yet, will he ever? But they won't break up either.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

lemondaze

lmao, how depressing. My partner and I are just stagnant XD To be honest, I get it. My partner and I haven't the heart to break up with one another because we are so peaceful together and never fight, but we barely ever do anything together. They like sitting at home and gaming/watching TV, whereas I'm out and about and running a business. Oh god, we're so Zoe and Alfie XD
If you’re happy, that’s the main thing.
I don’t think zoe and Alfie are happy 😬
I know the original poster meant no harm, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with your relationship not “progressing” this year. People have lost family and jobs - so certainly doesn’t mean you HAVE to have got engaged or whatever in order to progress. It is okay to be stagnant, especially during this time.
(Obvs doesn’t apply to Zalfie. They’ve been stagnant for a decade 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 67

fwooper

VIP Member
Honestly, I think a big part of the reason they haven't been married or had babies yet is because Alfie is quite a bit younger than Zoe.

I also have a theory that they don't want a big, white wedding. I can actually picture them sneaking off to get married in New York or the Maldives without even telling anyone they're engaged. Perhaps the Deyes family and Mark will join them. 😆

Zoe hates big events, so if/when it does ever happen I imagine it to be a very intimate affair.
Correction: Zoe hates big events when they aren't about her. She had no problem with big events when it was for a launch party for her beauty products, or the massive annual Gleam party where she is the is the star of the show... I honestly think the only reason their wedding would be smaller is out of necessity because they've drifted/lost friends over the years so there wouldn't be that many to invite.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Lemonz

VIP Member
I think 2020 was meant to be their year of travel, and 2021 they were going to try for kids. And after seeing this ig story from Alfie I feel they still will start trying this year and have come around to the idea that they will just travel with kids
I think you are right but i think Alfie is living in an abdolute dreamworld if he thinks Zoe would ever live 6 weeks somewhere else that isnt that fucking treetops glen place or whatever its called.

• Haha
Reactions: 63