Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel Alfie’s parents getting married so late has had a massive affect on how Alfie views marriage, he’s even said this himself. Nothing is wrong with getting married young or getting married later on in life, or 5 years into a relationship or 30 years into one but I feel his parents never said this to him, never told him that what they did has no effect on what Alfie or his sister should do with their partners and relationships and he should do what he wants and feels and if he wants to get married in his twenties then that’s absolutely fine.

Reactions: 33
Alfie is living on an entirely differently planet, with the emotional depth of a peanut. He's in no state to be considering marriage and children. His latest video where he talks about selling his old cars was the most emotional I've ever seen him - he even went to the effort of making a bloody compilation of clips of him driving his old cars. If only he spoke about Zoe the way he talks about his beloved Audi A3 and Range Rover Evoque.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
I find it odd Poppy and Sean didn't want to spend this Christmas in their new house. I know I would.

Reactions: 34
I find it odd Poppy and Sean didn't want to spend this Christmas in their new house. I know I would.
I can’t imagine Zoe compromising on who’s house they all spend Christmas at 😂 it seems that Christmas Day is usually at theirs, with the Christmas Eve sleepover the night before

Reactions: 15
I must say if Alfie does dump her Zoe is going to have one hell of a shock and TBH I feel quite sorry for her. I mean does she really think The Deyes are going to stay friends with her and hang out? :oops: :LOL: no way will that happen she will end up on her own (apart from Mark) because shes dumped all her side for his.

Reactions: 32
I must say if Alfie does dump her Zoe is going to have one hell of a shock and TBH I feel quite sorry for her. I mean does she really think The Deyes are going to stay friends with her and hang out? :oops: :LOL: no way will that happen she will end up on her own (apart from Mark) because shes dumped all her side for his.
I find it very strange that she has made his family the centre of her whole world - and she did so quite early on.

She could be in a very vulnerable and lonely situation if he dumps her. I hope she is able to be confident enough to strike out alone and forge new friendships without a connections to Alfshite.

Reactions: 32
I used to love seeing Zoe and her mums lovely relationship in Vlogs, she seems to be so down to earth and genuine, so sad that she doesn’t spend Christmases with her

Reactions: 19
The thing with Zalfie is they have the money, the time and the set up that to get married would be fairly straight forward. They wouldn’t have to save up for years, they’ve been together a long time so know each other really well so know if they are suited long term, and they also have contacts to organise any kind of wedding they want. They seem fairly set up in what they are doing in life and are financially stable. They have a house. They are also of the marrying/having kids age. Lots of people delay wedding because they need to save up, move in together first or establish a career before moving onto wedding/babies. None of which applies to Zalfie.
All of this makes me think the only reason they aren’t doing it is because they don’t want to - and if that’s the case how long does this relationship really have left?!
Absolutely all of this. I’ve been a lurker here for a while as I’ve been wondering and wondering when on earth these two will actually progress in their relationship especially considering how eager Zoe has always come across to get married and have babies.
I always used to think because of the intensity of fans around them, in particular in the Brighton house, that they’d keep their engagement a secret, Zoe wouldn’t wear the ring and they’d suddenly announce they’d been engaged X amount of months and had got married in secret.
Since they’ve been in the new house & things had calmed down fan wise I assumed that if they did get engaged, they’d announce it to the world. I had a baby last summer and really dropped off in the world of you tubers but have recently found time to dip back in and often read here during nap times. After seeing the vlog in the car where Alfie basically treated Zoe like an annoying fly he wanted to swot away, not listening, interrupting her, demanding she took a photo of that van and treating her like tit, I have to agree with everything that’s being said here. There’s no love left in their relationship. The fact she uploaded it and didn’t really react to his behaviour shows it’s just normal to her. He hasn’t proposed because he doesn’t want to. Zoe has and is wasting her best years on a man child who will never ever give her what she wants. I used to wonder about the age gap and it’s very clear now they’re in different moments of their life. Alfie is all about himself and being selfish, Zoe is wanting to settle down, be married and have babies. It’s actually quite tragic. They have this huge house, no money worries, lots of time to plan a wedding and no worries in regard to raising babies (plenty of room, no concerns about maternity pay or leave, no worries about having to return to work due to money etc) but their life hasn’t progressed whatsoever. I used to think how charmed their life was but now I couldn’t feel more sorry for Zoe. I have been thinking recently perhaps more of her reluctance to walk away from Alfie is to do with her parents marriage breaking down? It has clearly affected her and her family relationships, hence why she hardly sees them or visits and moved away so fast to live in the same place as Alfie, despite having anxiety she just packed up from her idyllic home town and moved hours to him. Perhaps she always dreamed he would be her happy forever after and now she knows it’s not true, she’s terrified to let it come true to the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It's not because they don't want to - it's because Alfie doesn't want to. Zoe has always wanted marriage and babies. She's wanted kids for years. I don't understand why she's sticking with him if this is what she wants. Of course, she could have changed her mind about marriage and babies, that's possible too - but I don't think she's said that's the case. If she has, I've missed it. I hope she doesn't stick with him until it's too late for her to have kids (if that's what she wants!). I can see see him leaving her in a few years time and hooking up with a younger woman - he'll then get married and have kids pretty quickly. Because he's ready. This kind of thing happens a lot.
I was watching a Molly Mae's recent Q&As and she got a question about having kids. She said something along the lines of "Tommy really wants them but I want to focus on my career for now - I think he's going to be a really good dad". Don't know why people were asking as she's only 21, but she was pretty open about their plans and addressed the question quite maturely.

Compare this with that "baby chat" Q&A Zoe did, where she looked both upset and agitated about even having to speak about it, and rambled on for ages without really saying anything specific. Alfie then joined in and said something like "people change their minds though don't they?", sitting behind like like he metaphorically had a gun in her bloody back.

It's clear as day that he isn't ready but I wish they were just transparent about it, instead of spinning this pseudo-progressive tit about "your expectations of us guyzzzz" and making out that the decision is mutual.

Reactions: 45
hey! long time lurker first time poster here!
I see their relationship as kind of similar to Monica and Richard’s in FRIENDS. They both love each other but they want different things which might be due to their maturity levels. There’s nothing wrong with settling but it’s also good to know that you can do the things you want with someone else (you don’t have to stick with the first person you love). You have to wait for your ‘Chandler’ to come. Hope that makes sense :))

Reactions: 27
I wonder if they're putting off a wedding for many reasons. One obviously being that it'll end in a very speedy and bitter divorce. But maybe also because they don't know how to be married? They've been a casual couple for so long, they're clearly too comfy around each other and are used to their joint responsibilities. Their friends who've got married/engaged i.e. Tanya and Jim, Steve and Alexia etc, got engaged at a 'normal' time and then bought homes together and did things traditionally. It's like Z+A have already been married 10 years purely because they're so settled. I think if they got married they'd be under so much pressure (in their heads of course) for it to be a perfect day mixing Zoe's laziness with Alfie's annoying-ness, their guests would have to be huge names, even their honeymoon would have to be 'Siiiick'.

I honestly can't picture them as a married couple- they're not even remotely domestic now, they just exist in the same house together. Both of them know it wouldn't be a happy marriage and they'd rather build up good names (and bank accounts) for themselves before Alfie fucks off with some skater girl who'll let him fill their house with useless plastic crap and pop out babies for him to throw on trampolines and shoot nerf guns at like a good wife. #Goals

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I can’t imagine them married or as parents, my god the amount they complained after being up a few times with nala the other week!! I think they know that waiting for a proposal or baby announcement is all that’s keeping people watching them both! I find it embarrassing for her as she mentions being married or proposed to any chance she gets!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Hey! long time lurker here who’s just caught up after Christmas.
I almost feel for Zoe - she has a real obsession with everything having to be perfect and done her way. She puts so much pressure on herself and everyone around her; how can she or they enjoy Christmas when it’s a military operation and everyone has to be on a schedule and doing exactly what she says. Christmas is ruined if they don’t have an advent calendar, Christmas is ruined if they can’t do their sleepover and stocking presents - just relax!!!?!?
You’d think that any normal, intelligent couples in their late twenties / early thirties would think “hey, we’re lucky enough to have family close by, in good health, have been able to see each other throughout the pandemic, let’s just be cautious this year, abide by the rules and ditch the regimented ‘perfect’ Christmas and relax in our own homes”

Agreed, at this point for them it’s purely about how they can bend the rules to suit their selfish need for everything being perfect, rather than actually limit the spread of the virus. Do they really sit in these stupid rule-bending situations in non socially distanced, closed, heated gazebos and think they’re not going to catch the virus should any of them have it???? Ridiculous.

I totally agree that Alfie's attitude towards having children/getting married stems a lot from how his parents have conducted their relationship/marriage/having children. I think also there are a couple of other things that could be holding him back -
1, I think Alfie as always felt the pressure from Zoe and the Zalfie minions to propose/settle down for a long time. As they were always commenting 'hurry up and ask her'. Not that I'm defending him but sometimes when you are pushed so much do something by someone, you end up doing the opposite to what they want in retaliation.
2, Alfie and Zoe have so much money/business/property tied up in their relationship. A lot of marriages fail these days and perhaps he's worried that if it doesn't work out with Zoe everything will get spilt in half and he could loose things he has built up (i.e. like his property portfolio etc). So it's easier just to stay together unmarried rather than have future legal/financial concerns.
4, If he dumped Zoe, he would be seen as the bad one and it might have a negative effect on his social media (not that he's doing that well anyway!) but could he take it if all his fans deserted him to support poor Princess Peaheads ego?
5, I don't think Alfie can admit to himself that he is no longer in love with Zoe. Clearly that spark went out a long time ago. But I think he feels too invested in the relationship he can't bring himself to end it and is probably secretly hoping Zoe will do it for him. This is also why he is putting off kids with Zoe as once she's pregnant that's him attached to her forever.

We cant see them as parents or married because when you watch them they are like children playing house.

Reactions: 40
It's not because they don't want to - it's because Alfie doesn't want to. Zoe has always wanted marriage and babies. She's wanted kids for years. I don't understand why she's sticking with him if this is what she wants. Of course, she could have changed her mind about marriage and babies, that's possible too - but I don't think she's said that's the case. If she has, I've missed it. I hope she doesn't stick with him until it's too late for her to have kids (if that's what she wants!). I can see see him leaving her in a few years time and hooking up with a younger woman - he'll then get married and have kids pretty quickly. Because he's ready. This kind of thing happens a lot.
This is true, it probably does come from Alfie and Zoe it appears is just going along with it... hoping he may change his mind soon?! She could be waiting for that to happen for a very long time to come!

Lol I know talk about delusion!!! Them being friends with her would last for about 5 minutes before everyone realised it’s all too awkward and weird!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
But I think he feels too invested in the relationship he can't bring himself to end it and is probably secretly hoping Zoe will do it for him.
I can't see Zoe ending it. From comments she has made, when she sees her future, it's with him. When he talks of his future, it's not necessarily with her. Could be. Might not be. He's keeping his options open.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.