Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t she just upload something normal like a clean with me video, organise or declutter my wardrobe?! Anything!
I think she purposely avoids these types of videos because she’s still desperately trying to be relatable. How many years has she lived in that house and she still avoids showing the massive walk-in?

Reactions: 21
Can I ask a genuine question about this? I totally agree that it is good to be inclusive but I think that ‘Penis-Owners’ and ‘People with vaginas’ actually just draws more attention the the differences between trans and non-trans people. It’s highlighting it because it’s not normal language to describe groups of people.

It also seems to ‘define people by their genitals’ which is something I’ve often seen trans support campaigns arguing against.

If the narrative is that trans men are just men and trans women are just women...why can’t we just say ‘men’ and ‘women’ (and non-binary / other if needed). Then whichever one you identify as, go for it, right?
When talking about something directly related to your genitals (such as periods or sex toys) it's not about "defining people by their genitals" to use inclusive language it's just practical. It's exclusionary to say "ladies let's discuss your vagina" when not all ladies have vaginas and there's men with vaginas who would like that advice without being referred to as a woman.
ETA: while these terms might sound a little clunky at the moment to some, I think with time people will get more used to these terms and then hurrah we have more inclusive language that comfortably fits into the conversation!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
When talking about something directly related to your genitals (such as periods or sex toys) it's not about "defining people by their genitals" to use inclusive language it's just practical. It's exclusionary to say "ladies let's discuss your vagina" when not all ladies have vaginas and there's men with vaginas who would like that advice without being referred to as a woman.
ETA: while these terms might sound a little clunky at the moment to some, I think with time people will get more used to these terms and then hurrah we have more inclusive language that comfortably fits into the conversation!
Women have worked really hard for centuries for their rights to freedom and to not be shamed for periods and such (many parts of the world still do shame them) but now they have to be called "People with vaginas?" because of the less than 1% of the populations who identify as male and have a vagina? I know a few people who are F-M trans and I have had this discussion with them and they don't agree with using these terms. They want to be men and not a "Person with a vagina" just as much as women want to be called women. Who is actually pushing this agenda?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
maddies house looks like a third wave coffee shop, and the front door with windows above looks like this emoji 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’d love to see a “walk in wardrobe tour”. No it’s not relatable but I think it’d be good viewing.
And I’d love a full house tour.

Reactions: 35
I’d love to see a “walk in wardrobe tour”. No it’s not relatable but I think it’d be good viewing.
Me too! Watching Architectural Digest is my guilty pleasure and I feel like their house would scratch the same itch.

Reactions: 13
I don’t get why she never put out her renovation videos, I know after the last time they wanted it to be a bit more private around the house, but seeing the before pictures it would be a good video to watch about they decided to change it so much.... but hey ho, she doesn’t need this to make money any more

Reactions: 9
Ah, the biological clock convo again. It hasn't even been two weeks since the last one, has it? Zoe really is boring us all to the point of repetition.
Yes, it makes me feel sad every time I hear this :(
I know someone who had kids at 40 and 42. She has plenty of time. It’s something I’ve felt quite sad about on a personal level. She will be fine. Whether she decides to hold out and wait for the buffoon to grow up is another matter....

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I actually love Zoe and Maddie’s houses, I don’t think Maddie has properly moved all her furniture in yet so I’ll have to see what it looks like when it’s done. I’m definitely no interior expert lol but can appreciate some of the modern and abstract features she has going on
I love the exterior of Zoe's house although the interior isn't quite to my taste it still looks nice. I like some elements of the interior of Maddie's but right now it does look quite cold and almost like a render rather than a house - the exterior of her's is vile though in my opinion.

Reactions: 18
Does anyone remember the the video where she shows her perfume shelf near her walk in and it’s basically full to the brim with bottles. I know Mark was in it but I can’t remember which one it was.

I do personally think Maddie’s house looks very cold and it’s very un baby friendly.

Reactions: 12
Women have worked really hard for centuries for their rights to freedom and to not be shamed for periods and such (many parts of the world still do shame them) but now they have to be called "People with vaginas?" because of the less than 1% of the populations who identify as male and have a vagina? I know a few people who are F-M trans and I have had this discussion with them and they don't agree with using these terms. They want to be men and not a "Person with a vagina" just as much as women want to be called women. Who is actually pushing this agenda?
The term “people with vaginas” arose because the terms “female” and “male” started getting used to define gender rather than sex, IMO. If we kept “male” and “female” as purely in reference to sex and the reproductive system, it wouldn’t be such an issue to say “female reproductive health” or “sex toys for females”.

Sometimes I think trans people reject being categorised as male or female because it’s so often done to them maliciously, to taunt them over not “really” being a man or woman. This is a conflation of sex and gender*. You see it all the time on Twitter. If we don’t want to use the term “people with vaginas”, which I as a female, a woman and an SA survivor find simultaneously reductive but understandable, we need to stop the terms “female” and “male” being used in bad faith

*Radical feminists usually believe in the idea of gender as a social construct, whether they are trans-exclusive or not, which means separating gender and sex. I would define myself as a trans inclusive radical feminist. I believe that there are some issues that affect the female sex uniquely and some that affect women as a whole, and that because woman as gender is based largely around the female sex, a lot these issues are tightly intertwined.

All this is to say that trans men very often have female reproductive systems and need to receive female reproductive care. They are affected by the stigma and discrimination surrounding female sexual and reproductive health and well-being (the lack of research into e.g. endometriosis or PCOS). And as the language used in a context can signal to a person whether they will be safe and welcome, in order to make sure trans men feel safe and welcome in accessing vital health-care, I do think it’s important to use inclusive language. So again, it’s frustrating that the term “female” has been weaponised in this context, apparently out of malice and to nobody’s benefit. Sorry for posting this in this thread, but as this has come up a few times, that’s my two cents on this

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, it makes me feel sad every time I hear this :(
I know someone who had kids at 40 and 42. She has plenty of time. It’s something I’ve felt quite sad about on a personal level. She will be fine. Whether she decides to hold out and wait for the buffoon to grow up is another matter....
For me the problem isn’t the age she has children, but the fact she might have delayed having them now for his benefit and to make him happy. He ain’t worth it!

Reactions: 30
I’m calling it now that she will have Zalfie baby in 2022 :)

and if not...well we all know you’ve always wanted a baby asap so please leave Alfie if he is still withholding this dream from you!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think the gender discussions that were kicked off by team Zoella and their affiliate link article have come to the end of the road.

If you want to talk about this stuff there's another thread to keep this one on topic :)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m calling it now that she will have Zalfie baby in 2022 :)

and if not...well we all know you’ve always wanted a baby asap so please leave Alfie if he is still withholding this dream from you!
I suppose as soon as aldie thinks he can’t squeeze any more views/content out of being just the boyfriend of Zoella they will get engaged and have a child.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Zoe being older than Alfie doesn’t help any of this - he won’t be her age for a few years yet and probably with COVID, he will want to make up for lost youth and gallivant around a bit, go travelling etc..

I think the gender discussions that were kicked off by team Zoella and their affiliate link article have come to the end of the road.

If you want to talk about this stuff there's another thread to keep this one on topic :)

Thank you! Obviously you are a mod and can do whatever you want to my post, but feel free to delete it to keep the thread on topic :)

Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember the the video where she shows her perfume shelf near her walk in and it’s basically full to the brim with bottles. I know Mark was in it but I can’t remember which one it was.

I do personally think Maddie’s house looks very cold and it’s very un baby friendly.
Yes I watched this the other month it was titled B&BW Candles, beach cinema & newest obsession

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.