Zoe Sugg #25 Thirty, dirty and still boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's fine and great for them to talk about the charities they support, but the whole "and they're really expensive" additions about everything they've bought for various charities was rather gauche.

Reactions: 30
I think it's fine and great for them to talk about the charities they support, but the whole "and they're really expensive" additions about everything they've bought for various charities was rather gauche.
Their whole attitude is annoying. It doesn't seem "we have a lot of money and have an urge to help others", but more "we're so filthy rich, we can actually give out money and remain filthy rich."

Am I the only one who finds it very weird how they never say the names of the organizations? Just looks like they're not that interested in those causes. Not one publication to urge people to help.

Reactions: 37
Their whole attitude is annoying. It doesn't seem "we have a lot of money and have an urge to help others", but more "we're so filthy rich, we can actually give out money and remain filthy rich."

Am I the only one who finds it very weird how they never say the names of the organizations? Just looks like they're not that interested in those causes. Not one publication to urge people to help.
Yeah, its pretty strange to specify that even spreading awareness is great for the charity but not mention a single organisation by name

Reactions: 15
I agree the mentioning of how expensive/the cost of some of the items was really off. Like, people who are helped by charities deserve nice things too, guys?

Reactions: 12
There are a variety of different ways affiliates work. Some brands will contact an influencer and ask them to be an affiliate, they are sent a budget to spend and a specific link, this is rare.

Most influencers are members of huge affiliate groups like skimlinks, RStyle (both of which can autogenerate an affiliate link on a website with just a small piece of code - to hundreds of thousands of sites) or even the Amazon affiliates.

To create an affiliate code for eg a dress, she doesn’t have to have bought or have been sent the dress, she doesn’t have even have to have seen it anywhere outside a website.
She literally finds an item she likes, finds the link for it, if she is linking it on her website, she puts the code in as a hyperlink and the coding from her affiliate agency will auto change it to an affiliate link.
If she is creating it for a link below her video or on an IG swipe up, she just puts the link of the item into the affiliate website (or use a browser extension which takes seconds) and it gives the affiliate link straight away.

For the majority of links a cookie will stay on your device for 30 days after clicking an affiliate link. You do not have to buy the same item for the influencer to make money.

My husband has a small blog reviewing camera lenses and uses affiliates.
Most click throughs with a subsequent purchase earn him about 15p but some are around £3. He earns a good amount of money from it and is very, very up front about it. He mentions it at the beginning and end of every post, marks every appropriate link as affiliate, has several guides to affiliate programmes and what they mean on his website and also gives an non-affiliate option for every link. Most of his readers are happy to click the affiliate option because he is upfront and provides useful info.
This is so interesting thank you!! Crazy how technical it all is!! She will be raking it in😂😂

Reactions: 6
I’m enjoying this vlogmas because it’s mainly chilling at home and I find Zoe really annoying when she’s around her friends. Particularly Poppy! Zoe’s voice pitch goes through the roof when she’s around Poppy. One scene she’ll be talking normally to camera and the next she’ll be like “poppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’. My ears can’t handle it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Reactions: 4
God poor girl having to justify going to her in laws and actually sitting outside in the rain to prove she’s social distancing. Just go inside love, 9 months into this pandemic and it’s a load of shite. 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Day 13 of vlogmas and as she sits on the floor droning on Im deciding what would be more enjoyable, carrying on listening to her talk about nothing or sticking some pins in my eyes.:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why the hell... does she wear a hat inside?

Also, I get that when you are going through tough times, you start lauging about it. Coping methods, yadda yadda. But am I the only one who is kind of angry at the disrespectful way they talk about Nala being sick? It seems like the "oh my god how can you be sick, I have better things to do" type of attitude.
Poor wee Nala. She is seeming like an inconvenience right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If they named the charities then people should complain they didn’t pick xxxx charity or find something to complain about, at least they do it I suppose.

I wonder if she needs a B12 and that’s why she’s always sewwww tried? Obviously she doesn’t work a proper full time job like myself but I find myself always needing a nap and always tired. Even on my weekends off I need an afternoon nap when I’m not going anything 😂 It’s been recommended I do look into getting B12 but I wonder if it’s the same for her.

or she is just lazy idk

Reactions: 10
I don’t like it when she eats the advent chocolate and talks to camera with it in her mouth. It’s really unpleasant.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I really just don’t understand their attitudes to the rules. They’re taking it seriously enough to eat a roast outside but will go to a flower market, open house, garden centre, general shops together inside with no distance....

Reactions: 30
I came here to see if I was being unreasonable getting annoyed when they talked about charity. Zoe wasn’t nearly as bad as Alfie, he was more unbearable than normal. Some of the reasons they’ve supported charities is because they messed up... like his awful £1 video.

Reactions: 17
I really just don’t understand their attitudes to the rules. They’re taking it seriously enough to eat a roast outside but will go to a flower market, open house, garden centre, general shops together inside with no distance....
I think it’s cause they probably think those places are still ‘outside’ - walking around outside and then bobbing inside quickly so doesn’t count.

Reactions: 2
They are at the point of rich where they should talk about charities imo. Using the excuse of not wanting to show off/thinking the audience is not interested is a pathetic excuse. They dont even have to encourage donating, just talk about what charities are there and what they do. Some do really cool stuff that most people wouldnt even know...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I didn't mind Zoe when talking about the charity stuff. It was Alfie's smugness, oh he think he's the dogs bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I came here to say this exact thing! talking about giving to charity and which charities they support is interesting and also raises awareness! but when alfie kept interrupting to add about the cost or how many charities “must be at least 50” it started to feel like bragging and made me feel uncomfortable with how much he was hyping himself up

Reactions: 24
Well christmas wont be changed for Zalfie seeing as they spend it with Alfie's mum and dad and poppy and sean every year anyways.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.