Zoe Sugg #25 Thirty, dirty and still boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
+1, was just thinking about this yesterday!
one died in 2017 (i think) and they announced it in alfies video and didn't really seem bothered- some people think it was from heat stroke because they took nala to alfies parents because it was too hot in the house for her but left the guinea pigs.. then the other one died about a year later and alfie only mentioned it because he showed the hutch they were getting rid of :confused:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
one died in 2017 (i think) and they announced it in alfies video and didn't really seem bothered- some people think it was from heat stroke because they took nala to alfies parents because it was too hot in the house for her but left the guinea pigs.. then the other one died about a year later and alfie only mentioned it because he showed the hutch they were getting rid of :confused:
Yep I'm convinced the first one died from heatstroke - it was like the hottest day of the year and the hutch was by a window or something. I also remember there once being a vlog where Alfie remembers to fill up the guinea's water and he gets to the hutch and the water bottle is empty... couldn't even be bothered to refill the water daily.

And to be honest they never took great care of them. The hutches they had looked fancy but were way too small for guinea pigs, and when the first one died they didn't bother getting a new buddy for the remaining guinea even though they are extremely social animals. They didn't even interact with him for the last few years so the poor thing probably didn't get any social interaction apart from Nala snorting against the cage.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Yep I'm convinced the first one died from heatstroke - it was like the hottest day of the year and the hutch was by a window or something. I also remember there once being a vlog where Alfie remembers to fill up the guinea's water and he gets to the hutch and the water bottle is empty... couldn't even be bothered to refill the water daily.

And to be honest they never took great care of them. The hutches they had looked fancy but were way too small for guinea pigs, and when the first one died they didn't bother getting a new buddy for the remaining guinea even though they are extremely social animals. They didn't even interact with him for the last few years so the poor thing probably didn't get any social interaction apart from Nala snorting against the cage.
that's really sad...

• Sad
Reactions: 15

i think there was another video where alfies mum was there and she filled up the water because it was empty and no one else did.. also, in some places it is illegal to have a single guinea pig so it's so sad that he had to be by himself- they could've got another one or rehomed him if they weren't bothered any more

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
i think there was another video where alfies mum was there and she filled up the water because it was empty and no one else did.. also, in some places it is illegal to have a single guinea pig so it's so sad that he had to be by himself- they could've got another one or rehomed him if they weren't bothered any more
In the latest vlogmas Zoe got excited talking about the guinea pigs they donated money to but clearly wasn't that excited when the novelty of having her own wore off

• Sad
Reactions: 12
i don't really see the point in them talking about charities if they're not going to mention specific ones? zoe said she enjoys seeing other influencers talk about what charities they donate to so she can feel 'inspired' or whatever but proceded Not to promote any? idk maybe i'm nit picking but i think part of the point in influencers talking about charities is to send their audience to support them too?

I liked hearing them talking about charities and how they donate specific things they need rather than just give them money. They clearly have a lottt of money (maybe more than most of us thought) so I’m glad they’re donating a set percent of their revenue.

I agree it’d be nice for them to mention specific charities but I can see why they wouldn’t.

Reactions: 11
I find it SO STRANGE that she doesn’t like roast potatoes, anyone else notice how scared Alfie’s Mum was to put them on Zoe’s plate...who doesn’t like roasties?!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Admittedly I didn't watch the video but I am dubious at how much they really do for "charity". First off donations are a nice tax break for them and they can give in the name of their many many businesses, which cover off their merch and housing portfolios and beyond. Secondly when Zoe gets her sack of PR goodies each month she always claims to give what she doesn't use to women's shelters. It's the equivalent of her dumping things in the trash and sending it off to the bin except someone takes it to a shelter for her. And half the time she opens things up so she's giving unsealed items away...

Reactions: 10
Admittedly I didn't watch the video but I am dubious at how much they really do for "charity". First off donations are a nice tax break for them and they can give in the name of their many many businesses, which cover off their merch and housing portfolios and beyond. Secondly when Zoe gets her sack of PR goodies each month she always claims to give what she doesn't use to women's shelters. It's the equivalent of her dumping things in the trash and sending it off to the bin except someone takes it to a shelter for her. And half the time she opens things up so she's giving unsealed items away...
is this a bad thing, though?

Reactions: 7
i don’t see how you’re criticising her for giving away her PR products that would otherwise end up in the bin to shelters... I don’t see how that can be seen as a bad thing

Reactions: 27
Let's be brutally honest. They donate pretty much duck all the any charities and probably only do it to offset tax. After all Zoe's demonstrated already this year she knows all the legal loopholes. The only the reason they're mentioning it now is to try and claw back some positive pr for Zoe and make Alfredo look less of a tory tosser. People who are actual humanitarian and support charities tend not to feel the need to boast about it. Just look what came out after George Michael died

Reactions: 20
Let's be brutally honest. They donate pretty much duck all the any charities and probably only do it to offset tax. After all Zoe's demonstrated already this year she knows all the legal loopholes. The only the reason they're mentioning it now is to try and claw back some positive pr for Zoe and make Alfredo look less of a tory tosser. People who are actual humanitarian and support charities tend not to feel the need to boast about it. Just look what came out after George Michael died
they’ve clearly been doing things for years and not mentioned it before. They even addressed that in the video.

even if they donate to offset some tax, they’re still donating.

I find Zoe and (especially) Alfie very annoying but I don’t think you can really say them giving to charity or donating products to homeless shelters etc is a bad thing.. no matter how you try to go about it

• Heart
Reactions: 31
they’ve clearly been doing things for years and not mentioned it before. They even addressed that in the video.

even if they donate to offset some tax, they’re still donating.

I find Zoe and (especially) Alfie very annoying but I don’t think you can really say them giving to charity or donating products to homeless shelters etc is a bad thing.. no matter how you try to go about it
Errm yes they did.

Can't tell in which vlog, but they talked about that animal shelter they mentioned in this vlog, and told the exact same story about the storm. And again, I remember them both, particularly Alfie, saying something along the lines of "and we donated a lot, a LOT of money" (or bought something very, VERY expensive).

Once again, not saying the name of the shelter, so that more people could help.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i don’t see how you’re criticising her for giving away her PR products that would otherwise end up in the bin to shelters... I don’t see how that can be seen as a bad thing
I perhaps didn't phrase it correctly but I don't necessarily trust that it always goes where she says it does.

Reactions: 4
So what have we learned?

They announce where and how much they donate: 'ZOMG ATTENTION WHORES!!!'

They don't announce where and how much they donate: 'ZOMG SELFISH ASSHOLES!!!'

Reactions: 27
So what have we learned?

They announce where and how much they donate: 'ZOMG ATTENTION WHORES!!!'

They don't announce where and how much they donate: 'ZOMG SELFISH ASSHOLES!!!'
It is not black and white. We have been talking about who they are and the way they say things. We are not talking about people who we just started knowing about, we can all actually have an idea of who these people really are.

And they never announced where they donate to.

Reactions: 7
How come?
I think if we had to quantify all of Zoe's public lies over the last 8-10 years we'd be here for hours. She's not a trustworthy public figure and has been called out many times for everything from the ghostwriter scandal to undisclosed ads and gifts to what happened to the guinea pigs. Zoe filming a 40 minute video opening up packages and saying "this is going to a shelter" with no follow-up doesn't make me immediately believe her. It sounds good and hey, maybe it does sometimes! I just tend to watch her with a skeptical eye.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.