Zoe Sugg #20 You can take Zoe out the not-mansion but you can’t take the not-mansion out of Zoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone here know where Zoe got these bracelets from in this picture? Especially the bottom charm one?? They are SO nice??!! Thanks in advance everyone :)
F5C4FE96-9691-4214-913C-35230882003C.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Oh yeah for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if she had long term brand deals in regards to the products she used and the stuff she featured in her vlogs back then. There was a couple years (mostly in the old house) where the laws hadn't caught up yet and there was this grey area around ad disclosure. She had to be making money from product placement in her vlogs. There was so much hype about Alfie moving in that I'm sure Gleam found a way to capitalize on it. She was averaging 1-3mill views on a single vlog and companies 100% paid to be a part of that. There was a time where just a mention from her would immediately sell out a product so I think just about all the vlogs from the old house feature some sort of undisclosed ad. I think she toughed it out for a couple years in a house she obviously hated, with a lack of privacy that really exacerbated her anxiety, where she had kids ringing her doorbell every day because she was making enough money that she'd be set for a very long time.

You can watch any of those vlogs and there's a bunch of stuff that would repeatedly show up that is rarely mentioned now. It's so weird. Lush, The Sims, really specific chocolate companies, the films she would go on and on about, baking gear, party equipment, Nutella, Nespresso, every flavored tea in existence, random kitchen appliances, restaurants, all of her Primark/Urban Outfitter/Oliver Bonas hauls, those high end Advent calendars, that weird 25 Vlogmas gifts she and Alfie would do which was mostly kid's toys, Nala's 200 outfits, dog food/treats/toys, all those grocery hauls where she'd focus on a specific cheese, or juice, or cracker lmao, and that doesn't include all the makeup, skincare, clothes, and jewelry she was always talking about. I think it became obvious that something was up because once they moved her style in everything shifted so much. All of their furniture is now very high end, she started featuring a lot of luxury brands, she doesn't really do hauls, or anything with her P.O. Box, and her brand shoutouts went wayyy down. I mean Alfie admitted that they got rid of most of the stuff from the old house once they moved. I think it's pretty obvious that all of that tit was given to them by brands and they were paid to have it in their house and featured in their vlogs. I'm sure her style has changed naturally as she's gotten older but I don't think its a coincidence that the shift was right around the time they started to come down on influencers about ad disclosures.
I cannot imagine Zoe Sugg going into a primark at the height of her fame to get big bags worth of stuff while she had the amount of views she was getting. How did she not get mobbed?

Reactions: 12
I cannot imagine Zoe Sugg going into a primark at the height of her fame to get big bags worth of stuff while she had the amount of views she was getting. How did she not get mobbed?
She used to say she went first thing in the morning if she went, wouldn’t surprise me if it was before they even opened as in a vlog where she went with her mum once you didn’t see anyone else in the background at all! She said it was early but it was the Bristol store so can’t imagine she’s the only one who went that early!! But I guess most of her fans would have been in school at that time either way!

Reactions: 17
She used to say she went first thing in the morning if she went, wouldn’t surprise me if it was before they even opened as in a vlog where she went with her mum once you didn’t see anyone else in the background at all! She said it was early but it was the Bristol store so can’t imagine she’s the only one who went that early!! But I guess most of her fans would have been in school at that time either way!
Those hauls are usually done before the store opens or after closing. But Zoe wanting to stay relatable, wouldn't mention that.

Reactions: 11
How is that a ‘never before seen tool’. I was watching the live just for a bit but that ‘AMAZING’ tool looked like it did poor job at least in my opinion.
What is this tool then?? I don’t get it, looks like a hot hairbrush styler which are ten a penny. And her hair doesn’t even look good!!!!

Reactions: 7
This is random but God, Alfie's clunky chain-line bracelet has to be the ugliest piece of jewelry I have ever seen on a man. In general I find that jewelry don't really compliment him too much but this one is just next level. It looks so try hard and makes his arm look puffy.
My favourite piece he/they have worn is ring.... worm

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What is this tool then?? I don’t get it, looks like a hot hairbrush styler which are ten a penny. And her hair doesn’t even look good!!!!
looks like a heated brush....that she has never used or practised with as she was just using it like a curling wand so there was no volume and her curls were tit!! She ‘rolled’ the brush through her hair like twice..

It was also supposed to be a walk through but she spent a lot of the time silent trying to figure out how to use the tool...Sam carried her thoughtout and tried to create dialogue asking her questions and all she could say was ‘look at that, good isn’t it, I luv it, what should i do now’ 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
UGH that quote about people loving or hating you having nothing to actually do with you makes me feel sick to my stomach. Um...most of the time that's blatantly not true? If I'm a vile asshole to people, they may just wind up not liking me. And if I'm kind and respectful to people, they may just wind up liking me. That quote and mentality completely remove the onus of behavioral responsibility and is basically akin to not doing any self-reflection and just screaming "HATERZZZ!!!" into the void. Childish, shallow, and ultimately, pretty dangerous.

I dislike her weird belief that everyone who doesn't like her is somehow jealous of her. No Zoe. Maybe people just don't like you because you come across as a smug, shallow person who thinks they are somehow the epitome of excitement and goodness? Maybe look at yourself before you carelessly extoll more toxic positivity. I repeat: UGH.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
looks like a heated brush....that she has never used or practised with as she was just using it like a curling wand so there was no volume and her curls were tit!! She ‘rolled’ the brush through her hair like twice..

It was also supposed to be a walk through but she spent a lot of the time silent trying to figure out how to use the tool...Sam carried her thoughtout and tried to create dialogue asking her questions and all she could say was ‘look at that, good isn’t it, I luv it, what should i do now’ 🤦‍♀️
Doesn’t surprise me! Trying to flog a product she has no real knowledge or care about, sounds about right for Zoe. How this will entice people to buy it I don’t know when her hair still looks tit and these types of products are already out there!!

Reactions: 10
This ain't going to be different to anything else she tried, Zoe ain't going to stick with it. This time last year, she also started bouldering & had bought the gloves and other stuff to do it. She said she absolutely loved it & it was so much fun. She went maybe twice. Paddle boarding will be the exact same.
Exactly! And I think it's funny because she usually picks on Alfie when showing all the "tit my boyfriend buys," (granted he does it FAR more than her) but both are equally guilty of buying random tit they use once or twice and then it's never seen again... a materialistic match truly made in heaven.

Reactions: 21
seeing someone mention lush what happened to the lush project as that's what she titled the vlog as if she was working with them

Reactions: 13
I always liked the Asos hauls where she would have to stare at the bag and then say "oh this is a um dress, i mean shirt, oh no it is a dress. teehee oops i forgot. so autumnal. i loveeee it" LOL like yeah okay zoe. I don't know anyone who places an online order and immediately forgets what they bought as soon as the package arrives. She didn't order that stuff herself. They definitely just sent her "trendy" tit at the beginning of every season to sell to her audience.

seeing someone mention lush what happened to the lush project as that's what she titled the vlog as if she was working with them
I'm fuzzy on the details but was the Lush project supposed to be a collab or a charity thing? If I'm remembering correctly, I feel like the Lush project was teased and then her Colourpop collab launched right after. Total speculation but I wonder if her rates went up after the Colourpop launch (I hated that palette but I think it sold pretty well right?) and Lush didn't want to pay her. Lush has always stuck to grassroots marketing and maybe they didn't think they needed to shell out a lot of money for a "big" influencer. And we all know Zoe aint workin for free 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I always liked the Asos hauls where she would have to stare at the bag and then say "oh this is a um dress, i mean shirt, oh no it is a dress. teehee oops i forgot. so autumnal. i loveeee it" LOL like yeah okay zoe. I don't know anyone who places an online order and immediately forgets what they bought as soon as the package arrives. She didn't order that stuff herself. They definitely just sent her "trendy" tit at the beginning of every season to sell to her audience.

I'm fuzzy on the details but was the Lush project supposed to be a collab or a charity thing? If I'm remembering correctly, I feel like the Lush project was teased and then her Colourpop collab launched right after. Total speculation but I wonder if her rates went up after the Colourpop launch (I hated that palette but I think it sold pretty well right?) and Lush didn't want to pay her. Lush has always stuck to grassroots marketing and maybe they didn't think they needed to shell out a lot of money for a "big" influencer. And we all know Zoe aint workin for free 😂
ASOS deffo do that because Hellooctober said in one of her videos she had a parcel that ASOS has sent her.

Reactions: 5
Ooh, I remember a fair few haul videos where people made excuses about "not remembering" what they ordered for some reason or another. I always thought it was odd.

The Colourpop collaboration didn’t do very well. They sell out of everything on a good chunk of their launches, it took months for her stuff to sell out, like I think a couple items sold out sorta quick (not within minutes or anything crazy) - but it didn’t have nearly the fan fare that the other influencer collabs get. It also didn’t get a big restock like other people (the whole “you loved it so much we brought it back” or “limited restock get it while it’s hot”). She doesn’t have the pull she had 5 years ago, her days of being able to pedal anything and it’s gone are very much over

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.