Zanna Van Dijk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
exactly this! I used to love the podcast too but this episode was intolerable. She hasn’t always had a ‘super healthy’ relationship with food. She used to excessively count macros and eat no fat. That’s not healthy in my mind. I did like when Tally (I think) stated that Zanna is an A type!
I saw that as a slight dig....(also correct 😆)

A type personality characterized by excessive ambition, aggression, competitiveness, drive, impatience, need for control, focus on quantity over quality and unrealistic sense of urgency. It is commonly associated with risk of coronary disease and other stress-related ailments.
It also wound me up when she kept trying to repeat the point over and over that she has always had a healthy relationship with food/exercise and therefore trackers were good and didn’t affect her mentally whilst tally had to keep telling her (politely) that she is in the minority and she just didn’t take the cue to shut up!

Reactions: 3
Does she really have a healthy relationship with exercise though? She can't go on holiday without having to work out every day and forces Steph to do it with her even though I don't think Steph exercises daily. She woke up at 4 am to go on a hike and then straight after breakfast was in a boot camp style fitness class. She regularly wakes up stupidly early off her own accord just to be in the gym at 5 am when she doesn't actually have to be (i.e. she doesn't have to be in the office by 8) and it seems like a few days without the gym breaks her. Doesn't seem that healthy to me...

Reactions: 12
Does she really have a healthy relationship with exercise though? She can't go on holiday without having to work out every day and forces Steph to do it with her even though I don't think Steph exercises daily. She woke up at 4 am to go on a hike and then straight after breakfast was in a boot camp style fitness class. She regularly wakes up stupidly early off her own accord just to be in the gym at 5 am when she doesn't actually have to be (i.e. she doesn't have to be in the office by 8) and it seems like a few days without the gym breaks her. Doesn't seem that healthy to me...
No, she has OCD. Her message is anything but healthy. Her life is actually the antithesis of her message. She just can’t see it because she’s nuts basically. Really her message is how NOT to do things. She’s got this manic approach to everything. It’s not a good watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This might be slightly off topic (more because I don't think Zanna is too guilty off this, it's more because she is on the fit and fearless podcast. Let me know if there is a better thread for this) but I find myself getting more an more annoyed at these previously 'Fitness influencers' who have now changed their tune completely and are all about body positivity now e.g Tally, Vick, Chessie King etc. They have got so many followers and profited off their fitness message doing these competitions etc only to turn around to all these people who have followed and bought stuff from them and say aaaactually that wasn't very healthy and I was totally miserable but.... you should now buy my new book or prints on body positivity!! It makes me very feel really cheated and it's so disingenuous. I understand that people are allowed to grow and alter their message but they take no accountability for the fact that what they used to promote could have got people into a potentially 'unhealthy' place with fitness. Maybe I'm being silly but I think if they are so against what they used to think they should apologise to people they influenced about it. The Fit and Fearless podcast even did a whole episode about all the things they used to say that they now think is really damaging.

I personally just find it annoying that now they sit on their moral high ground telling you to listen to your body and eat intuitively blah blah blah but completely ignore the fact that they actively profited off of people following their old message for years. Influencers need to be held accountable to the fact that when they say something people follow and if that turns out actually be really damaging then they have played a role in that.

Reactions: 12
This might be slightly off topic (more because I don't think Zanna is too guilty off this, it's more because she is on the fit and fearless podcast. Let me know if there is a better thread for this) but I find myself getting more an more annoyed at these previously 'Fitness influencers' who have now changed their tune completely and are all about body positivity now e.g Tally, Vick, Chessie King etc. They have got so many followers and profited off their fitness message doing these competitions etc only to turn around to all these people who have followed and bought stuff from them and say aaaactually that wasn't very healthy and I was totally miserable but.... you should now buy my new book or prints on body positivity!! It makes me very feel really cheated and it's so disingenuous. I understand that people are allowed to grow and alter their message but they take no accountability for the fact that what they used to promote could have got people into a potentially 'unhealthy' place with fitness. Maybe I'm being silly but I think if they are so against what they used to think they should apologise to people they influenced about it. The Fit and Fearless podcast even did a whole episode about all the things they used to say that they now think is really damaging.

I personally just find it annoying that now they sit on their moral high ground telling you to listen to your body and eat intuitively blah blah blah but completely ignore the fact that they actively profited off of people following their old message for years. Influencers need to be held accountable to the fact that when they say something people follow and if that turns out actually be really damaging then they have played a role in that.
Well you’ve highlighted a classic example of peoples need to take anything an “influencer” says with a pinch of salt. They develop a kind of cult following. A group of people who believe, unquestioning, what they say because they have big follower numbers so she must be good, right? NO! Unfortunately, lots of people are looking for answers. Well they are not going to find them from any of the people you’ve mentioned, and definitely not Zanna or Steph who clearly display mental issues. The only thing they care about is money and it annoys me so much that people buy into their message blindly without question or carrying out their own research. People really are sheep. The industry needs serious regulation. These people are not qualified to give the advice they dish out which is usually based on what is “trending”. It’s NUTS. Find your own path in life and don’t just follow blindly. Zanna is a bleeping speech therapist. The only thing she’s qualified to do is help you with a lisp!!!! People need to wake up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Also she's an enormous bragger. She always lets us know just how early she gets up. Firstly, who cares? Secondly, she never says what time she went to bed. If you go to bed at 9pm and get up at 4am that's still a perfectly reasonable 7 hours sleep. If she was doing this all on 4 hours sleep believe me zanny super busy superwoman would be letting us know!

I don't have the time or strength to read all the emergency surgery stuff but does she ever actually mention or thank the medical team who saved her life, or acknowledge that? All I have seen is her bigging herself up, how she is such a strong fighter... How lucky we are there are people who dedicate their lives to helping others, instead of being a pointless influencer/ professional holidaymaker

Reactions: 1

I think it's called 'jumping on the bandwagon' they will talk and preach about whatever is revelant at the moment, knowing it will bring in the ££££, they soon forget what they used to preach, when the next big thing comes along, their followers are then left out in the cold, they've brought their book, followed their tips then boom there are on to the next big thing, they don't give a dam about who follows them, it's just about the money.
Zanna and Steph are prime examples.

Reactions: 4
Do you think that if she’s on track to lose 63, then she buys 64? There suspiciously NEVER any minus figures, which is just not realistic. (Unless that’s why she is trigger happy when it comes to blocking, to be on the safe side)
Well, I’m glad you notice the fact there’s never a negative because that clearly was not the situation in Nov and December when she was haemorrhaging numbers. I think she’s on a mission to not see that in 2020 even if it means spending a fortune on followers. She must think we’re dumb 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I reckon Zanna loved hanging out with their fit mountaineering guide. Must be nice to talk to a guy and look him in the eyes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Alice Liveing did a 360 as well on her previous clean eating message, I unfollowed the lot of them. They will say literally any old tit to make money

Reactions: 6
Alice Liveing did a 360 as well on her previous clean eating message, I unfollowed the lot of them. They will say literally any old tit to make money
I unfollowed also. Clean Eating Alice was the worst and no apologies for all the vulnerable people that were sucked into the disordered eating of bad and good food. A lot of money was made on the back of this

I unfollowed also. Clean Eating Alice was the worst and no apologies for all the vulnerable people that were sucked into the disordered eating of bad and good food. A lot of money was made on the back of this
Don’t know who she is and not even going to bother contaminating my mind by looking for her. Sounds just like the rest. Repulsive 👍

Reactions: 2
Yep - and now she had a huge clothing range with Primark. No accountability. It’s staggering how these people get away it.

Reactions: 5
Deliciously Ella was another too. She used to write about “clean eating” all the time at the start of her fame. She used to bang on about doing celery juice cleanses etc too. They all drive me mad!
It’s only a couple more weeks now until Zanna buggers off to New Zealand - the worst place you could travel to for carbon emissions from the UK when also doing 100 other flights in the same year. I really hope any ethical brands she’s linked to drop her ASAP

• Heart
Reactions: 7
OMG, they’re coming back with their healing crystals. They’re like those people who used to come back from Benidorm with sombreros. My prediction, there’s another bandwagon they’re going to jump on “the healing power of crystals”. So done and they definitely fall into this category ....

LMAO. They think they are the first again. Steph will be adding it to her smoothie bowls next. Lining them up on her window in the light of the full moon reminding us all to cleanse them. Another money spinner for her. So delusional. She will be coming out with her own line soon a la Calum Best 🙄 And there will be sheep lining up to buy them. You heard it here first folks!

• Haha
Now shes talking about how shes going to support other women! How about you stop the bullshit and be honest!!! Stop being a glorified sales person, stop selling us stuff and stop being a dick

Now shes talking about how shes going to support other women! How about you stop the bullshit and be honest!!! Stop being a glorified sales person, stop selling us stuff and stop being a dick
I thought this exactly. She goes to one lecture and is all of a sudden a champion for the cause. If anything she is passive aggressive and patronising to other women when they ask questions on ig. She has an incredible holier than though attitude towards women. I laughed out loud when I read the other day she answers every question on her feed. She is so full of tit and a compulsive liar. She has serious narcissistic characteristics, the paramount one thinking she’s a victim and gets everything right, it’s everyone else that’s wrong. She has very few friends, especially women. She’s just a nasty person. Only watching to see the downfall 😬🍿🍿

Reactions: 6
Classic Zanna thinking we’re all too stupid to realise she’s taking yet another long haul flight if she just disappears from Instagram for half a day and doesn’t post anything from the airport or plane.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.