Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it funny that zanna has a pretty small number of followers compared to most people's threads on here but it's also super active. She REALLY knows how to piss people off

Reactions: 11
Get ASA reporting. Another screenshot to share.
Nice little game of Spot the AD or GIFTED tag.
(Fyi, this was a random screengrab, I didnt even purposely wait for the best moment where it was most hidden).
I'm contacting the company to ask them about their thoughts on this, and to inform them that because of it I won't be buying any of their products. A conscious brand is one that at least ensures their gifted items are clearly labelled as such, if it gifts to wealthy influenzas at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thats a good idea. I plan to also do the same as well as reporting. Whilst the ASA may not do anything immediately, at least a brand that stands by its morals (if genuine) will hopefully see sense.

I'm contacting the company to ask them about their thoughts on this, and to inform them that because of it I won't be buying any of their products. A conscious brand is one that at least ensures their gifted items are clearly labelled as such, if it gifts to wealthy influenzas at all.

Reactions: 3
I'm usually pretty good at spotting the gifted tags but when I watched those stories last night I thought she genuinely bought those meals herself! This is why it's so shady to hide it, I was shocked by thinking Zanna had actually paid money for something

Reactions: 5
Funny thing is when Ant posted the product on the house account clearly stated ‘kindly gifted’. The inconspicuous gifted GIFs are totally Zanna witness duplicitous. ASA should make guidelines about these flipping gifs.

Funny thing is when Ant posted the product on the house account clearly stated ‘kindly gifted’. The inconspicuous gifted GIFs are totally Zanna witness duplicitous. ASA should make guidelines about these flipping gifs.
Came here to say the exact same thing! Ant’s post was so clear and such a contrast to Zanna’s. Their moral compass clearly differs. Easy to tell who has gratitude and who the entitled one is!!!!

Reactions: 7
After contacting the company in her instagram post above, their response:
"We’re very appreciative of Zanna for supporting our small business, but we have to leave it up to her to decide how she’d like to post things. Hope you get to try our food soon 🥰"

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
"We’re very appreciative of Zanna for supporting our small business, but we have to leave it up to her to decide how she’d like to post things. Hope you get to try our food soon 🥰"
God I think I’d reply saying I’d rather choke on a dog turd! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tell them that it's breaking ASA rules?

Reactions: 2
She doesnt even follow their account. Would have thought that was a good first step to showing support for a small business (less than 3k followers).

Reactions: 4
How is Zanna supporting them though? 😄 They've literally just given her a box of free products and she's shared a few seconds of her opening it on her stories. If she really loved their products she'd buy them and post a pic on her grid to promote them.

Get ASA reporting. Another screenshot to share.
Nice little game of Spot the AD or GIFTED tag.
(Fyi, this was a random screengrab, I didnt even purposely wait for the best moment where it was most hidden).
There were two other stories in quick succession just before that with blink-and-you'll-miss-them gifted tags (hopefully I've managed to post them here!)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 1
There were two other stories in quick succession just before that with blink-and-you'll-miss-them gifted tags (hopefully I've managed to post them here!)
I missed the 'gifted' tag on the first one! She is SO sneaky!

In what way is she supporting them? Taking free product in the name of 'influencer marketing' for gullible people with too much money, or even putting people off like us.

I don't often say this and am very civil on these forums but god she is such a twit

Reactions: 6
I understand why she needed to book a last minute 'stress relieving' boxing class now, poor lamb. She must be so exhausted from getting free stuff sent to her Surrey mansion all the time whilst finding ways to hide the #gifted tags on the posts she does. And what with all the plants to maintain, pointless blog posts/morning coffee thoughts, posting her super fast running times, tone deaf stories and justifying that she is ok with her height whilst standing next to her tiny bf, I would be stressed too if I were her.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have so much more respect for influencers who are open and clear about what content is paid for / advertising! We all know that is how they make money, but why the sneakiness of it all?!

One account I follow - Grillo Designs - created the concept of an "Ad Break" in her stories last year and I've seen quite a few people do it since! It follows the same concept of a TV ad break - it's a clear break between her regular content and her paid for content, so people can watch knowing it's paid for or skip through it if they don't want to view it, or know it's a good way of supporting content creators if there's an affiliate link etc. She has a highlight on her profile if you want to see an example. I personally really like this way of doing it and being upfront with your audience, Zanna is so sneaky.

Though, how would Zanna even do this since most of her content is paid for?? 😂

I had already noticed that the meal was noted as "kindly gifted" on the Surrey nest account whilst on her personal account I literally saw no mention of it! (Though looking back I do see it just in the bottom corner really small white gif against a white background - my phone screen is cracked there so that doesn't help 🤣) But why so sneaky?!

I think the businesses involved should be made responsible for the actions of the influencers in any “advertising”. If the influencers breach any advertising guidelines then the business gets penalised as well as the influencer. Only way I can see of this improving.

I think the businesses involved should be made responsible for the actions of the influencers in any “advertising”. If the influencers breach any advertising guidelines then the business gets penalised as well as the influencer. Only way I can see of this improving.
I also didn't notice it was gifted... so sneaky and ridiculous
I agree - if companies were held accountable then the industry would improve its standards. Hopefully it is only a matter of time.

I understand why she needed to book a last minute 'stress relieving' boxing class now, poor lamb. She must be so exhausted from getting free stuff sent to her Surrey mansion all the time whilst finding ways to hide the #gifted tags on the posts she does. And what with all the plants to maintain, pointless blog posts/morning coffee thoughts, posting her super fast running times, tone deaf stories and justifying that she is ok with her height whilst standing next to her tiny bf, I would be stressed too if I were her.
She really has no idea what real stress is. She doesn't have a proper job, she has interior designers, doesn't lift a finger for gardening, rarely buys stuff and lives in a massive mansion. I appreciate that you can never fully know what is going on in some one's life but she saw her parents at the weekend and they seem healthy and she her Ant who stands by her despite her behaviour. Cannot imagine what she is stressed about.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.