Zanna Van Dijk #21 Girlbossing her 'menty b' & blocking anyone who doesn't agree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does everything have to be content? Making money off your proposal, ugh...

Reactions: 14
I genuinely would have had so much more respect for her (and him) if they'd got engaged on holiday, kept it between themselves and close family/friends for the trip, and then done a massive reveal when they got back. The content still would have been insufferable, but at least it would have felt genuine. It's actually really sad how she's asking what everyone wants to see. How about just enjoy the moment?

Reactions: 19
I find it little false because she’s gone on and on about being child free and not needing to get married. As soon as she’s turned 30, it’s almost like she’s panicked that her life isn’t at the same stage as her friends (ie she’s not married with kids).

I feel sorry for her that everything has to be about keeping up with the Jones’.

I don’t follow her but her engagement photo was in my recommended section on Instagram.

Maybe this is why she’s given up with the finance shite though? Can hardly have an Instagram worth wedding of the century while also spouting off about saving money… although she did go on around 16 holidays last year while spouting on about it, so…..

Reactions: 15
These engagement pics; it's all just for the gram, innit? It is all just for likes and clicks. Imagine if he had just proposed in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon with the cat for company; I think she would break up with him straight away.
Dunno why he bothered getting down on one knee though. He was low enough already.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Agree with the above - how tacky, monetising your engagement. Those engagement pics are nice but I can't (well, I can) believe she's put them on Instagram within a day of it happening. Is nothing private anymore? Keep something for yourself, for christ sake - life isn't a bloody competition.

Reactions: 14
I’ve been hollering at all the posts since the engagement fiasco! you all are my kinda people! ❤ You all exceeded my own expectations 🤣 🫶

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Why does everything have to be content? Making money off your proposal, ugh...
exactly! initially people followed for the fitness content, then the lifestyle, now I guess hiking and swimming now 🙄 why would she assume ppl are interested in her engagement

Reactions: 5
I know they’re rich af but I think the ring is hideous. The stone is so large and doesn’t suit her thin fingers. Just tacky

Reactions: 11
I find it little false because she’s gone on and on about being child free and not needing to get married. As soon as she’s turned 30, it’s almost like she’s panicked that her life isn’t at the same stage as her friends (ie she’s not married with kids).

I feel sorry for her that everything has to be about keeping up with the Jones’.

I don’t follow her but her engagement photo was in my recommended section on Instagram.

Maybe this is why she’s given up with the finance shite though? Can hardly have an Instagram worth wedding of the century while also spouting off about saving money… although she did go on around 16 holidays last year while spouting on about it, so…..
People are allowed to change their minds about big things like having children and marriage. Ive made the decision to be childfree and would hate it if I changed my mind and everyone threw my previous decision back in my face. (also a lot of people will tell others they are not having kids/getting married to stop the ceaseless questions about when you are having kids/getting engaged)

Reactions: 6
People are allowed to change their minds about big things like having children and marriage. Ive made the decision to be childfree and would hate it if I changed my mind and everyone threw my previous decision back in my face. (also a lot of people will tell others they are not having kids/getting married to stop the ceaseless questions about when you are having kids/getting engaged)
Please show me where I said people aren’t allowed to change their mind? 🙃 Projecting much…

Over the last few years Zanna has made plenty of content on her “I’m not like other girls” credentials, including within the last year, going on a parenting podcast and discussing all the virtues of being childfree and how she doesn’t need to be married to be happy, because she’s not like other girls.

Fast forward to turning 30 and she has a “Menty B” because she’s has no purpose in her life, which she seemingly thinks will be solved by keeping up with the Jones’. It won’t. She needs to add some substance to her life, rather than just living a vapid existence which is all about getting people to “like” her content on Instagram.

Maybe if she thought a bit less about how to portray a perfect and happy life, and a little more about actually living a happy life, she’d have, well, a happier life…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Please show me where I said people aren’t allowed to change their mind? 🙃 Projecting much…

Over the last few years Zanna has made plenty of content on her “I’m not like other girls” credentials, including within the last year, going on a parenting podcast and discussing all the virtues of being childfree and how she doesn’t need to be married to be happy, because she’s not like other girls.

Fast forward to turning 30 and she has a “Menty B” because she’s has no purpose in her life, which she seemingly thinks will be solved by keeping up with the Jones’. It won’t. She needs to add some substance to her life, rather than just living a vapid existence which is all about getting people to “like” her content on Instagram.

Maybe if she thought a bit less about how to portray a perfect and happy life, and a little more about actually living a happy life, she’d have, well, a happier life…
I find it little false because she’s gone on and on about being child free and not needing to get married. As soon as she’s turned 30, it’s almost like she’s panicked that her life isn’t at the same stage as her friends (ie she’s not married with kids). - - - your words. Why did she 'panic' as opposed to change her mind.

If you want to talk about projecting, I'd take a look at some of the stuff you've written...

I find it little false because she’s gone on and on about being child free and not needing to get married. As soon as she’s turned 30, it’s almost like she’s panicked that her life isn’t at the same stage as her friends (ie she’s not married with kids). - - - your words. Why did she 'panic' as opposed to change her mind.

If you want to talk about projecting, I'd take a look at some of the stuff you've written...
Because she’s constantly gone on about how she’s panicked…? 🙄 not everything is about you babe 😘

I think it’s because she defines herself by every single aspect of herself (tall! Vegan! Gym! Swimmer! Hiking! Doesn’t want kids!) and so when she changes her mind (which she’s definitely allowed to do) it seems hypocritical or inauthentic.

Fine to change your mind but don’t insist on being the poster girl for being child free because you happen to think you might not want kids, but actually haven’t completely decided.

Reactions: 16
Eh maybe she has. I'm not obsessed with her posts so probably wouldn't pick up on it.
You’re on a gossip forum chatting about her 😂 I’m afraid your high horse has long gone my friend. Have a nice day though.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wow she called it “engagement content” why did that make my skin crawl. Definitely agree with others why didn’t just chill with the news with her and 🐜 and maybe her friends. Why did she have to run to Insta and tell everyone and the ask about what engagement content SM wants to see. Bloody hell keep some stuff private for a little while.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow she called it “engagement content” why did that make my skin crawl. Definitely agree with others why didn’t just chill with the news with her and 🐜 and maybe her friends. Why did she have to run to Insta and tell everyone and the ask about what engagement content SM wants to see. Bloody hell keep some stuff private for a little while.
And wave her phone around while she is talking to make everyone motion sick, when the content wasn't sickening enough already

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Everything is for content and box ticking - like constantly listing how many national parks and "hikes" in a day too. It's embarrassing that she's showing off her fella "knows her so well" when that translates to him knowing that she'd be annoyed by his proposal if it didn't involve something that could be turned into braggy social media content for her.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.