Zanna Van Dijk #21 Girlbossing her 'menty b' & blocking anyone who doesn't agree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Willing to give her a pass on Cinque Terre, even though the "Sink-Tear" did grate.

Cheen-kweh tear-reh in Italian but she's speaking English.

Surely it's the equivalent of English speakers going to Paris and Barcelona and pronouncing them Par-ee and Barth-elona, while speaking English, i.e. pretentious.

Its an Italian word but you're speaking English? I dunno. 🤷‍♀️

How would you pronounce this in English without being a pretentious prat? Genuinely curious

Reactions: 1
Willing to give her a pass on Cinque Terre, even though the "Sink-Tear" did grate.

Surely it's the equivalent of English speakers going to Paris and Barcelona and pronouncing them Par-ee and Barth-elona, while speaking English, i.e. pretentious.

How would you pronounce this in English without being a pretentious prat? Genuinely curious
I do see a problem when she pronounces an Italian name in French-ish… I kind of understand what you mean, but this just kind of adds to her ignorance. She always just laughs it off (has happened many times) instead of actually trying to find out how to pronounce various place names. Some of them do “translate” to English, most don’t and we shouldn’t enforce English.

(from a person who isn’t English myself… it’s a bit annoying to see)

Reactions: 4

You’re kind. I get your point but if I was to count to ten in Italian I would be pronouncing 5 as cheen-kweh. I don’t see why you’re wouldn’t use that as the pronunciation of Cinque Terre. I’m not about to start chatting about my amazing hikes through Firenze, Napoli and Milano though!!

Reactions: 7
So if it has an English translation just use that. If it doesn't then pronounce as the locals would.

Makes sense. My mind is quite binary, I like rules 😁

English is my first language and I speak one other but I always find names of stuff tricky! Sorry for hijacking the thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Get what you’re saying but I’ve never heard anyway one say Sink Tare. She’s lazy.

Reactions: 3
You wouldn’t mis-pronounce someone’s name so in my book, say the location correctly too. Or at least give it a go. Zanny V can’t even be arsed researching where she’s going

Reactions: 6
I wonder how long it will be until she posts another story about the trip and pronounces it properly…

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So just googled the pronunciation and the hit that came up first was a British speaker and they said “sink-tear”. And the American option was “sink-tearuh” so 🤦‍♀️

She’s not intelligent enough though to recognize the British / American way isn’t the only way and that it might be said differently in the native pronunciation

Reactions: 3
Is there a "British" way to pronounce foreign numbers though? If that’s the case then I’m definitely going to start pronouncing number 10 in French as "dicks"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's like the old It'll be Alright on the Night clip of a girl on a kids' TV show pronouncing Grand Prix as Grand Pricks

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If I was able just to pop to the coast on a weekday, I wouldn't mind a little rain.
Screenshot_20230314-162147.png

Oh, I guess it's OK after all. What a dreamy little life she leads.
Screenshot_20230314-162200.png

She is such a lazy arse, cannot be bothered with doing anything properly whether it's the correct pronunciations of locations or the captions on her stories.

Bath bean mum? Or bath being run? She can never be arsed to correct anything.

Screenshot_20230314_162218_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Did she drop her crippling mental health disorder into the ocean?

Seems like it has just magically disappeared.. 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’d say sinka terra if I was pronouncing it

How’s her menty b going? On its way out. How nice for her

• Haha
I’d say sinka terra if I was pronouncing it

How’s her menty b going? On its way out. How nice for her
Probably a lot of people would, and no shade on that whatsoever!! But most people aren’t charging £2000 to guide people through the area. She should know more than just what she’s read online! Clearly she hasn’t even had a conversation with the company running things.
I don’t think anyone actually cares if a tricky foreign word is mispronounced but it just goes to show how little she cares beyond getting people to sign up for her over priced scams

Reactions: 10
Has she just fucked off to Brighton for the day to go ‘work’ on her laptop in a cafe???? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.