Zanna van Dijk #12 Can't use google and only decorate with my designer's approval

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well she’s going away again this weekend on her own. All very weird. He must be away with work/mates. Odd and not like her not to mention it though.
I have a suspicion that he's the one who is actually self isolating and must be in another part of the house.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She's dragged Ant out whichever panelled room he was confined to post an ig story so we know he's not dead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Wow just imagining 🐜 dumping her and her having to leave the house behind....

• Heart
Reactions: 13
"Look at how we exercise together, look how much we're into each other and how much crazy fun we have!!!..." 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
So true. There’s definitely no way she budgets. The cost of labour and materials at the moment is insane. We had our garden re-paved after saving for literally a year. The cost went up by £600 from when they quoted to when they finished, because the materials are so hard to come by. she is voluntarily ripping out working and nice looking bathrooms so i can’t even imagine how much it’s all totting up to!
Yeah, most definitely not. And it seems like she has absolutely no awareness of her wealth either or what's affordable for the average person. Like, just as a small example, those allplants meals she's just done an ad for, they're well out of the average person's budget.

ETA Oh no. I've just seen her latest reel. I cringed so much it hurt.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, most definitely not! And it seems like she has absolutely no awareness of her wealth either or what's affordable for the average person. Like, just as a small example, those allplants meals she's just done an ad for, they're well out of the average person's budget.
I’m definitely not one to say Zanna is in touch with the people (she’s not) but to defend all plants slightly £60 for two people for 6 or their meals for the week is pretty close to the average spend according to Eat Well For Less. That said, I’ve never bought them so they might be properly tit 😂 And I feel like it’s the type of product someone like Zanna buys to post on Instagram to show they’re just normal people and eat ready meals too… like they are “cheat meals”.

Reactions: 3
I’m definitely not one to say Zanna is in touch with the people (she’s not) but to defend all plants slightly £60 for two people for 6 or their meals for the week is pretty close to the average spend according to Eat Well For Less. That said, I’ve never bought them so they might be properly tit 😂 And I feel like it’s the type of product someone like Zanna buys to post on Instagram to show they’re just normal people and eat ready meals too… like they are “cheat meals”.
Say you're a single person though - they do 6 meals for £40.50. The average spend on food per person in the UK is £40.30 per week. And even for a two, that £60 for 6 meals each seems a lot when you consider the average weekly shop for 2 adults in the UK is £57. I suppose Zanna is targeting those whose budgets are above average though. I don't understand why someone with so much time doesn't do more cooking from scratch though.

Reactions: 6
I don't understand why someone with so much time doesn't do more cooking from scratch though.
To be fair, there's only so many vegetable dishes she can cook the crap out of. "Swipe up for more brown sludge. AD. my own brand"
😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Love how she has her cookbooks on the shelf behind her in the shot for her 'My 5 Most Used Cookbooks' blog post. They have since mysteriously disappeared!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
£60-70 is what my husband and I spend a week but that’s for all our groceries not just dinners and usually a few toiletries because my husband goes through deodorants at a rate of knots!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I didn’t know she had cookbooks? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there anything this girl can’t do?

Well, other than apparently relax in her own, newly refurbished house… imagine having spent that much on it and then needing to go to a hotel an hour away for some “me time”. You can read a book in your living room hun.

I feel a bit sorry for her in a way… imagine being so unhappy with your own company that you need to feel like you’re always “doing something”. Like the idea of just being at home for one weekend on her own is too much for her…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I didn’t know she had cookbooks? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there anything this girl can’t do?

Well, other than apparently relax in her own, newly refurbished house… imagine having spent that much on it and then needing to go to a hotel an hour away for some “me time”. You can read a book in your living room hun.

I feel a bit sorry for her in a way… imagine being so unhappy with your own company that you need to feel like you’re always “doing something”. Like the idea of just being at home for one weekend on her own is too much for her…
I actually also really struggling with the problem of needing to always feel like I’m doing something, and it’s a huge problem that takes constant work and reminding myself that it is okay to sit and read for an afternoon — I LOVE reading but as I’ve gotten older it’s harder for my to spend a whole day reading.
I’m a lecturer and am on summer holiday now and so this problem is on the forefront of my mind every day. I’ve been thinking a lot about it, before this post too, and I think it’s because I lack hobbies other than reading and going to the gym and cooking. I love cooking! The odd thing is I do love being alone and I’m okay with being alone, but my need to always do something is pervasive. My husband travels a lot for work so I am alone quite a bit.

I think Zanna is a bit the same — she doesn’t have a hobby to take up her days and therefore the need to always be doing something is reinforced.

Ive just ordered a paint by numbers set and think this’ll do the trick — I need a “creative” outlet but I’m not actually creative and couldn’t paint a black line on a canvas if I tried. I hope that zanna can learn to be comfortable and okay with not always needing to do something and get out of her toxic productivity loop.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I actually also really struggling with the problem of needing to always feel like I’m doing something, and it’s a huge problem that takes constant work and reminding myself that it is okay to sit and read for an afternoon — I LOVE reading but as I’ve gotten older it’s harder for my to spend a whole day reading.
I’m a lecturer and am on summer holiday now and so this problem is on the forefront of my mind every day. I’ve been thinking a lot about it, before this post too, and I think it’s because I lack hobbies other than reading and going to the gym and cooking. I love cooking! The odd thing is I do love being alone and I’m okay with being alone, but my need to always do something is pervasive. My husband travels a lot for work so I am alone quite a bit.

I think Zanna is a bit the same — she doesn’t have a hobby to take up her days and therefore the need to always be doing something is reinforced.

Ive just ordered a paint by numbers set and think this’ll do the trick — I need a “creative” outlet but I’m not actually creative and couldn’t paint a black line on a canvas if I tried. I hope that zanna can learn to be comfortable and okay with not always needing to do something and get out of her toxic productivity loop.
I think with Zanna it’s more than that though. I think her need is that she feels the need to do things for validation of people on the internet. So like her “me time” has to be the best, most indulgent “me time” of all because it needs to be on Instagram.

She has a gym in her house yet since all the gyms in London have opened she has travelled an hour door to door just to be able to post on the gram she’s at Barry’s or wherever.

It’s not a case of just being able to sit and read a book with her, it’s almost like she will only do things that she thinks will get her validation and being her true authentic self is almost too boring for that. But the sad fact is much it life can be boring and mundane, that’s just how it is. Take the whole “look at me I get up so early thing”. There is no reason for her to get up that early and in order to get up that early she needs to go to bed early, it’s not like she’s finding more time then everyone else, she just enjoys the people saying “oh I wish I could get up that early and start doing things”.

My friend is like you, and she has taken up pottery 😂 she made ring holder that was very questionable 😳 but she loves it! I hope you enjoy your paint by numbers ☺ I like going for a walk with my dog in the woods to settle down my mind babble if that helps as a suggestion

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Omg guyssss her granola is BACK!!!!

WHO IS EXCITED ...

ANYONE? No? Just Zanna? Thought so 🙄
Just looked at it online. It costs over £5 and the first ingredient is brown rice syrup. Surely a good granola should have oats as it main ingredient?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.