Zanna van Dijk #12 Can't use google and only decorate with my designer's approval

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even her parents look like they've had enough of her bullshit šŸ¤£
She's failed to make it clear that that video is sponsored.

You have to expand the description box to see it says AD, yet the ASA states 'Consumers should be able to recognise that something is an ad, without having to click or otherwise interact with it.'

• Angry
Reactions: 16

You have to expand the description box to see it says AD, yet the ASA states 'Consumers should be able to recognise that something is an ad, without having to click or otherwise interact with it.'
Yupp, I started watching and there she was, sneakily speaking about "female finances" because apparently she talked about it to her dad the night before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Smooth, she's not!
I also have noticed that lots of influencers who do money content at the moment, the use "finance" and "finances" wrong.

Lastly, the only part of the sponsored bit of the video I made through, was Zanna talking something along the lines of the only thing that everyone can do with their money, is to invest it.
witch, so many people in this country live month to month, people need to choose between feeding their kids and paying bills, the last thing on their mind is saving/investing. Because you know, you actually have to have the money to invest in first place.

Even her parents look like they've had enough of her bullshit šŸ¤£
They always look like this and rightly so! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Can you report her?

The recent ā€œIā€™m going on holiday, guess whereā€ - genuinely, nobody gives a duck.
I also never noticed how annoying her voice was until recently - mainly because I rarely listen to her.

But I am LOVING this how to get up early and be productive and writing everything on a go do list. I 100% need a to do list and to check off waking up as my number one, damn I feel productive already. ā€œGo downstairs, make breakfast, drink coffeeā€ - tit, Iā€™ve done 4 things! Omg I forgot to add breathe, thatā€™s now 5! Wow I deserve a nap.

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha you deserve more than a like for this. This is by far my favourite comment.
Food Medic Hazel has started these " I'm not going to be online" announcements. Hazel, no-one cares.

Reactions: 5
I really resent being told what to do with my money by a 28year old who lives in a mansion. Clearly sheā€™s in an incredibly fortunate position and thatā€™s great for her, but sheā€™s not in a position to give the everyday person money advice.

Just to add to my message aboveā€¦ I think financial education is really important and I really wish young people, especially women as they are disproportionately discriminated against, weā€™re taught it at school. However, the education people need is on how to budget and why itā€™s important to have a credit card but always pay it off every month etc.

My issue with people like Zanna giving out financial advice is that it implies if you follow her simple steps youā€™ll be able to afford the lifestyle she leads which is bullshit. Sheā€™s able to afford her lifestyle because sheā€™s incredibly fortunate, not because she uses an investment app.

If she really wanted to help people out she should encourage people to use apps like Emma which helps you budget and see where youā€™re over spending. The vast majority of her audience will not have a load of money to invest, but they may well benefit from some tips on budgeting etc. But letā€™s face facts. Zanna is probably fortunate enough to not have to budget šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
But letā€™s face facts. Zanna is probably fortunate enough to not have to budget šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
So true. Thereā€™s definitely no way she budgets. The cost of labour and materials at the moment is insane. We had our garden re-paved after saving for literally a year. The cost went up by Ā£600 from when they quoted to when they finished, because the materials are so hard to come by. she is voluntarily ripping out working and nice looking bathrooms so i canā€™t even imagine how much itā€™s all totting up to!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone else cringe at influencers using the word ā€˜wholesomeā€™. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
First thing I thought when I saw the vlog! Imo it sounds like a description for bread. But what's definitely not wholesome is her complete disregard to sustainability by all the renovation work she's had done to her enormous house. Plus her (pre-pandemic at least) frequent trips abroad.

Reactions: 10
I've really had enough of her bloody wild swimming posts. Obviously everybody is entitiled to enjoy the natural world around them and that should include being able to swim in the naturally clean lochs and lakes. However, with so many deaths in open water over the past month she really needs to add some disclaimers about water safety (especially as she was in Wast Water today i.e. the deepest lake in England!), or even share some posts about the dangers of cold water shock, which her flimsy swimming costumes won't protect against.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
I've really had enough of her bloody wild swimming posts. Obviously everybody is entitiled to enjoy the natural world around them and that should include being able to swim in the naturally clean lochs and lakes. However, with so many deaths in open water over the past month she really needs to add some disclaimers about water safety (especially as she was in Wast Water today i.e. the deepest lake in England!), or even share some posts about the dangers of cold water shock, which her flimsy swimming costumes won't protect against.
But she doesnā€™t care. So why would she.

Reactions: 9
But she doesnā€™t care. So why would she.
She's got to have the emotional intelligence of a lump of coal if she doesn't actually care, becuase people's lives could be at risk. With the in popularity of wild swimming (partially fuelled by influencers) there has been a massive increase in deaths. Even if she doesn't post anything personally her business should! On their blog post here https://staywildswim.com/blogs/blog/wild-swimming it doesn't discuss any safety measures just them trying to show off their swim suits

• Sad
Reactions: 8
And new products - really unflattering linen shorts :D

From that Stay Wild swim blog post -
' Whether that be at a bend in a river or in the ocean, you can dive into any natural pools, the important thing is that there are no man-made structures'

Stupid advice and doesn't even make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's got to have the emotional intelligence of a lump of coal if she doesn't actually care, becuase people's lives could be at risk. With the in popularity of wild swimming (partially fuelled by influencers) there has been a massive increase in deaths. Even if she doesn't post anything personally her business should! On their blog post here https://staywildswim.com/blogs/blog/wild-swimming it doesn't discuss any safety measures just them trying to show off their swim suits
Exactly - and itā€™s not the first time itā€™s been criticised here. We know she reads these threadsā€¦soā€¦

• Heart
You shouldnā€™t really wild swim in the UK unless you have a wet suit unless youā€™re really experienced. When I go wild swimming I always have a bright orange tow float with me, and a bright orange swim hat so that boats can see me. Not overly instagramable thoughā€¦

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You shouldnā€™t really wild swim in the UK unless you have a wet suit unless youā€™re really experienced. When I go wild swimming I always have a bright orange tow float with me, and a bright orange swim hat so that boats can see me. Not overly instagramable thoughā€¦
That's not really true. A wetsuit isn't really necessary in temperatures below 14 degrees. And even then, you just don't stay in very long. UK summer water temps will be above this by May. May-September is standard open water swimming season. Some people are built and adapt differently. I just swam the channel with about 9 months of training, before that I wasn't an "outdoor" swimmer. So I trained. I started in 6-degree water, going for 2 mins, then building up until I was doing 2 hours in 12 degrees. Literally not allowed to wear a wetsuit the whole time. but I did some training sessions in local open water "venues" were everyone but me was still in a wetsuit in water that was 19 degrees (tropical!) but they were training for triathlons so had to get to used to the feel of swimming with a wetsuit.
Jumping in when it's 10 degrees and you've never been before and you think you're going to do 2k is stupid, THAT'S what needs education. She's in a good spot to educate on "dipping" v "swimming".

Definitely agree with a tow float and bright hat though. I see floats like helmets, people don't think they look cool or they cost a bit more but going without one is stupid.

• Heart
That's not really true. A wetsuit isn't really necessary in temperatures below 14 degrees. And even then, you just don't stay in very long. UK summer water temps will be above this by May. May-September is standard open water swimming season. Some people are built and adapt differently. I just swam the channel with about 9 months of training, before that I wasn't an "outdoor" swimmer. So I trained. I started in 6-degree water, going for 2 mins, then building up until I was doing 2 hours in 12 degrees. Literally not allowed to wear a wetsuit the whole time. but I did some training sessions in local open water "venues" were everyone but me was still in a wetsuit in water that was 19 degrees (tropical!) but they were training for triathlons so had to get to used to the feel of swimming with a wetsuit.
Jumping in when it's 10 degrees and you've never been before and you think you're going to do 2k is stupid, THAT'S what needs education. She's in a good spot to educate on "dipping" v "swimming".

Definitely agree with a tow float and bright hat though. I see floats like helmets, people don't think they look cool or they cost a bit more but going without one is stupid.
Thatā€™s only true if people know what theyā€™re doing. Wetsuits keep you boyant so if youā€™re new to the sport without a coach or experienced open water swimmer with you they are advised even above 14 degrees. (Not advised in very warm water for longer swims when there is a risk of overheating). I say this as an open water swimmer with life savers for friends. Many people who get into trouble would be a lot safer if they were wearing a wet suit regardless of the temperature as they keep people above water. Of course you can swim in the UK without one if you know what youā€™re doing and youā€™re adapted (Hammersmith ponds are great examples as they only let people swim in the winter who swam in the summer), but for people who are just doing it for a bit of fun, you should wear a wetsuit until you know how to acclimatise and until youā€™ve learnt the skill of open water swimming.

Congratulations on your channel swim! What an incredible achievement!! šŸ„³

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.