Zanna van Dijk #11 Never-ending panelling fest. Vanity project at the Surrey nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not that, it’s because she finds any old excuse to go to London.

This might be unpopular, but imo If you live within the M25, you might aswell call it London anyway. When I picture Surrey or Kent, I picture a rural area. Maybe just me.
I get what you mean, it’s incredibly close... but I live in Surrey inside the m25 as well and if someone asked me where I live I say Surrey... cus I live in Surrey, but it’s also incredibly easy for me to go to appointments in London if that’s where my preferred salon/whatever is..

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Classic example of someone who uses ‘and i’ to sound more intelligent when they don't actually know when ‘and i’ is grammatically incorrect.

Also I'm a grammar douche 😂
THANK YOU. "And I" is so overused in the wrong context and it really bothers me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Man, imagine having a *main* guest bedroom.

It’s not that, it’s because she finds any old excuse to go to London.

This might be unpopular, but imo If you live within the M25, you might aswell call it London anyway. When I picture Surrey or Kent, I picture a rural area. Maybe just me.
Surrey is pretty developed tbh. I know parts of it aren’t, but it’s the commuter belt, and the whole reason they’re there is that it’s “outside of London”, but still close enough that they haven’t really *left* London, despite any claims to have done so.

If anything, the fact that she keeps harping on about being in the “countryside” when she’s in a fairly large village with more amenities than many Northern towns have is one of the things I find most irritating, haha. It’s Surrey, it’s hardly the freaking moon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Who rides a bike in the kitchen when they've got that large entrance at the front he could cycle on?! 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hmm seems a bit fishy, I’ve looked into Brompton and most of them are over a grand... my partner joined the cycle to work scheme and he was only about to get a £300 bike on it as there was a limit.

maybe that was then, this is now 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 11
I get what you mean, it’s incredibly close... but I live in Surrey inside the m25 as well and if someone asked me where I live I say Surrey... cus I live in Surrey, but it’s also incredibly easy for me to go to appointments in London if that’s where my preferred salon/whatever is..
I’m guessing you don’t tell everyone you live in the countryside though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They increased the limit on the Cycle to Work scheme a few years ago to quite a lot, maybe £3,000. My male colleagues were delighted to make higher rate taxpayer savings on expensive carbon fibre bikes.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Yeah, I got my Brompton on the cycle to work scheme 2 years ago. They are expensive but brilliant bikes so it was a good way to get it.
Amusingly I use it (pre covid anyway) to check commute into the city from Surrey too, although I live much more rurally and outside the M25 to them!

Reactions: 4
She’s also a Walker with a full face of makeup on. Now I will admit I love a trek up a mountain of a weekend but I rarely put a face full of slap on first. I’d feel ridiculous and sweaty. ! SPF and mascara If needed. But then each to their own!
I wear a BB cream which gives me good coverage but also contains really high, broad spectrum SPF so it's killing two birds with one stone. I love love love putting make up on and and wearing makeup so I often have a full face of it on holidays, walks and days out, including a bright or dark lipstick. Just personal preference. I also want to look nice in my holiday pics, and yes, it's vanity but I own it 🙃 However, if I'm just squeezing a quick bike ride before work or do a very early in photo walk by myself, I don't bother. I wanna be out the door as soon as I can and see and photograph that stunning sunrise.
The problem is that her makeup looks like it's drying her skin out and looks cakey.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So let me get this straight — she buys a 1400 pound chest of drawers for her “main” guest room (🤢) and Ant buys a bike on a national scheme? There is A LOT to unpack here.

1. It’s so gross to say main guest room. It’s just a gross OTT way to show off she had money and is better than us peasants who’re lucky enough to have a bed. It’s so new money and tacky. And, insert spiel about pandemic and jobs and job loss and homelessness. Zambo, youre yuckier than I initially thought and it’d be nice if you removed yourself from the internet.
2. See above spiel about pandemic jobless etc. And she buys a 1400 pound chest of drawers for a guest room that won’t be used. So a 1400 pound decoration. Stop with the bragging. It’s uncouth.
3. So they can afford a chest of drawers for the main guest room, and multiple phases of a house renovation & (crappy) interior designer, but can’t afford to pay full price for a bike for ant to get to work? Cool cool cool. She has a Tesla and he has to use the national scheme for a bike? Isn’t the deed of the house in his name? (Didn’t someone come on here and ah they were friends of his and he paid for the house and she’s spending his money?)

Now to the national bike scheme — I’m not in the uk but jokes are big where I live. We have a bike scheme at my job, which has about 5,000+ employees. 100 people each year can get 1000 euros to spend on a bike, and they have a year to pay it back. I believe this is accurate, but not totally sure because I didn’t look that in to it since I have the privilege to pay for my bike myself and hoped someone who could make use of the scheme more would. I don’t want to take a coveted spot when I have ability to pay myself. Now. Point 2: it actually works in one’s favor here to have a cheaper crapper bike because nice ones will get stolen ASAP. This of course if you don’t have your bike insured. I pay an additional 200 euros a year for insurance.

So the tl;dr is: she’s a new money bellend who can help but show off her money and take advantage of national schemes when more deserving people could use them.

(I learned bellend from this website. Did I use it correctly? )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
(I learned bellend from this website. Did I use it correctly? )
You did 😂

With cycle to work, you get a bit of a tax break. So Maybe they've been unsuccessful in blagging a free one through Zambia's career so this is the next best option. You pay a monthly fee and it comes straight out your salary.

I did CTW a couple of years ago but my bike was £800 and I couldn't afford to buy one outright.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her latest vlog is yet another example of how tone deaf she is. Earlier in the week we’ve been told 4.7 million people are waiting for an operation - the highest number it’s ever been since the research began in 2007.

knowing this, zanna then proceeds to talk about ants teeny tiny surgery which shaved down the bone on his ankle so that it would prevent his ankle from locking it they go hiking.

read the room you 6ft2 tit.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
You did 😂

With cycle to work, you get a bit of a tax break. So Maybe they've been unsuccessful in blagging a free one through Zambia's career so this is the next best option. You pay a monthly fee and it comes straight out your salary.

I did CTW a couple of years ago but my bike was £800 and I couldn't afford to buy one outright.
Thanks for the clarification! I get the tax part, but more so for people who aren’t influencers. Do you get to keep the bike after you stop using CTW? Or do you have the bike for as long as you use CTW and once you stop, you return the bike?

Sorry for all of the questions! Where I live, bikes are such an integral part of the culture and society so I’m curious to see how it works in England. Here people usually use the bike schemes to help get an e-bike or a cargo bike for kids.

When I first moved here, my now husband’s family bought me my first bike. It was at our house when I arrived and it was the crappiest bike and had more rust than metal. I loved it so deeply and cried when it was stolen. I’m now on my 3rd bike.

Her latest vlog is yet another example of how tone deaf she is. Earlier in the week we’ve been told 4.7 million people are waiting for an operation - the highest number it’s ever been since the research began in 2007.

knowing this, zanna then proceeds to talk about ants teeny tiny surgery which shaved down the bone on his ankle so that it would prevent his ankle from locking it they go hiking.

read the room you 6ft2 tit.
Oh, I’m so sad. I truly hope none of those 4.7 million people are in any pain, let alone excruciating pain.

And then we have these two yokels who need to go on their faux country walks. I’m still convinced she’s gearing up for a “hiking” holiday in the coming weeks. What with the sponsored hiking boots, 🐜’s surgery, and lifting restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Unrelated to anything Zanna has done recently but it’s just taken 16 minutes for me to drive from my house in quite a built up part of south west London to roughly the area she lives in (I genuienly don’t know her address but am aware of which town she’s near) and the idea that she calls this moving to the country and won’t stop banging on about it is making me laugh so much. Sure there more trees and green space here but we’re also minutes away from some huge towns, supermarkets and major A roads

(I’m a passenger in the car, am not tattling and driving obv)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.