Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseyone1977

I like Yvonne, very family oriented page, always helpful and kind on dms and love when she shares hols etc. Her figure nothing like mine so i don't end up buying from her links but have gotten some good ideas (stipes and blazers😂😂) And before anyone says go on her rave section 😂 yes, selling the gifted stuff off left a sour taste and she rightfully took a lot of slack for it. Listened to her on a podcast with Ventura-Behind the door and she came across really well. Her hubby Paul had cancer a few years ago which I didnt know so just goes to show you never know whats going on in someones life. Yvonne is a lady and a million miles better than the likes of Lisa lust list etc.

Reactions: 26

Clarision

She's actually one of an ever decreasing circle of Irish women on Instagram at the moment that I like. I think I just like her delivery of showing things and the mix of lifestyle and food and clothing. I'm getting very jaded though of insta huns lately and my tolerance is zero for others who are on every feckin bandwagon going and "obsessed" with this that and the other!
I hate when people like that dreadful woman from Offaly with a load of Chinese tat to offload on her followers are smarming and gurning into the phone like a bachelor in Lisdoonvarna who hasn't had a ride in decades just to get their middle aged gullible sheep line their pockets and then acts so condescending to them in comments and messages. Ystyle is far more matter of fact and her replies are more helpful (can ya tell I can't bear that LLL🤭)
In short...I like Ystyle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

HumphreyB

VIP Member
She’s relatable. She’s an average mum living a mostly average life. She shares her life IMO in a balanced way. Doesn’t share her kids or her husband much. Her page sticks to its lane. She is safe. I can totally see the attraction: I’d take Yvonne over any other instahun

Reactions: 21

SallyAnneHill

BT and Arnotts cutting 150 jobs due to the impact of Covid-19!
They gifted €100s worth of Spanx during lockdown, which went swiftly on to adverts, for sale after the try on and swipe!
Shameful! Just shameful.

• Angry
Reactions: 20

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Her getting a free trip doesn’t bother me because it’s not all the time and she does a good job of showing places. For the most part she sticks in her own lane and declares her ads. She has good banter as well

Reactions: 20

not_influenced

VIP Member
LOVE Ystyle!!! Even if I don't always buy I'll generally click or look at the link she puts up! I like that she not false and doesn't come on with the "hey guys haven't been on in ages coming on for the chats".

If I had to point her out in a line up I wouldn't know what she looks like! I hope she's making an absolute fortune from aff links cause there's no BS about her - her account is what it is a business. She doesn't over share, doesn't put out personal opinions on things, very inoffensive! Yes ok ok I'm in love with her!! 😆

Reactions: 19

Flower45

VIP Member
In fairness she has always said she was going to replace the kitchen it's the original kitchen that came with the house she just painted it when she moved in as far as I remember. Her husband has a very good job with the ESB. If they are both working hard and can afford it good for her.

Reactions: 17

Mammy2021

VIP Member
I actually like her - apart from always mentioning her tiny size but I guess she needs to do that for size relevance. But she’s no bullshit, here’s the codes and very business like. No whoring her kids and giving us punters what we want - discount codes! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Thelife

Yvonne is my favourite, she is what she is, no pretending! Yes it might be boring for some but I love most of her fashion and love the try ons and shopping pics, saves me so much time knowing where has stuff I want to try on. Have ordered lots over the years from her. She lives local to me, has 2 boys same ages as mine and has similar taste in clothes, books and holidays so very handy!! She’s always been nice anytime I’ve messaged her or seen her in Liffey valley too. I think she’s one of the genuine ones.

Reactions: 16

Sooz

Chatty Member
No she's never done the face chat thing, she just does brief good humoured captions about her nights out etc.

She does mention the kids, like when the daughter had her debs she showed the dress and shoes she chose and then there was a funny caption about how she had left the shoes behind in the venue!

She'll mention what they're doing, like if they're out to the football or something but only in passing.

I strongly think her lack of face chats is why she's so popular. People always overdo them and soon every day there's - - - - - - - - - - - - - - across the top of the screen of just them talking shite and moaning.

SallyAnneHill

I see she’s at the Poco press event!
I wonder how much she’d get for Pocos on adverts after a quick try on?
The most shady and shocking thing I’ve seen with a blogger. Reselling all her gifted items on adverts. So crass. Totally changed my opinion of her.

• Haha
  • Wow

Dublin18

I think Yvonne is smarter than the average hun. She treats Ystyle as a job and isn’t constantly pushing herself.

I’ve unfollowed her, I honestly don’t believe she genuinely likes half the clothes she try’s on now and raves about. Was so shocked to see the amount of stuff she raved about from river island she went on to sell on adverts. That blue trouser suit and the pink one she raved and raved about, not to mention the leopard print fur coat she raved and raved about from Savida up on adverts with the tag still on. She’s a fraud, I no more believe she likes any of the river island/sweaty Betty/Nike/Vaughan shoes/Iclothing stuff, no more than I believe she eats all that food she cooks 🤭. She’s shaped liked prepubescent boy and the clothes always looked like they are swimming on her, especially the sweaty Betty gear because you can clearly how scarily thin she is in those. I’d rather follow someone who does try ons whom has some curves and the clothes look good on and whom most women can relate too, because 9/10 of us have boobs/hips/bums/tums and who actually genuinely loves the clothes and doesn’t stick them up on adverts because they are being two faced to their followers. Bobble headed ystlye is a disgrace selling all those clothes brand new after being gifted them.Why not gift the clothes to a charity or gift them to women’s aid or Vincent de Paul.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ciaragh

Her page has been nothing but one big, fat scam from the getgo. It’s like QVC shopping channel without the transparency or honesty that her entire content is nothing but one giant ad. Selling freebies and making money from them is an all-time low. And she thinks she’s so classy. Yvonne’s is the cheapest, tackiest behaviour I’ve seen from an Instagrabber in a long time and that’s saying something!

Reactions: 15

Columbo

VIP Member
It's not a case of unfollowing (I don't follow her anymore), we are allowed to comment on public accounts, that's the point of this site.

That response comes up on every single thread here at some stage and that's probably why this site exists. No criticism or questioning is tolerated on most of these influencers accounts and they enjoy living in their echo chamber of fawning fans telling them they're brilliant. Generally speaking, any "negativity" is deleted and blocked so it's good to have somewhere to discuss this new way that we are being incessantly sold to and explore the ethics and changing attitudes around "influencing". I'm speaking generally here by they way and not specifically about YStyle and it's in response to your "just unfollow" comment.
This. If you have an opinion these days you’re instantly branded a troll, if you question these bloggers no matter how nicely you do it, it’s deleted & you’re blocked & they post some cryptic quote about haters 🙄 they hate this site yet they’re the very reason it exists because we’re simply not allowed to think or express anything that could be considered negative towards them. Long live Tattle I say. If there’s an ad on TV for foundation there will be a disclaimer on screen basically saying they’ve fiddled with the footage to make the foundation look flawless, yet these influencers get away with promoting make up on Instagram with a filter making them look perfect. It’s false advertising but ssshhh you can’t say anything and that’s why Tattle exists 🙈 Speaking generally here not about Yvonne in particular.

• Heart

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
I’m a big fan of her as well. I use a lot of her links & recipes. I love how she is what she is & there’s no rambling, no guys guess my news, no white label brand & no exploiting of her kids. It’s selling with a bit of humour & I enjoy it.

HumphreyB

VIP Member
i think she plays in clever, be it intentional or not. she is pretty inoffensive, keeps things fairly neutral, can be witty, responsive too. with the links she shares i’d imagine she is making a decent living herself.

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
I don't see a problem in her selling the sweaty Betty stuff, better than it sitting in a press unused and also whoever is buying them off her is getting brand new Sweaty Betty for less than they would pay for them new.
You have called other Instagramers sneaky for not declaring an ad for example.
How is YStyle not sneaky with her behaviour?

So she gets free clothes, makes a whole load of stories telling us the usual shite of them being ‘super good quality, high waisted etc’ All the usual stuff they all do. This is leading the consumer to believe that she loves the product and that if she loves it then we will definitely love it as she is a trustworthy seller and ‘I only share what I love and wear myself’ All fine so far. Loads of women then use her swipe up to buy said product which she earns a commission on.

Then she sneakily puts them, tags on, on a selling website. Now I’m no expert on psychology and ethics but......

Why didn’t she share the link to Adverts on her stories of it she’s so transparent and there’s nothing wrong with it? 🧐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

AnnaBananaPie

VIP Member
Jesus Christ of actual Almighty will she ever GIVEOVER with the Nike bloody tanjuns

I’ll take the boring knitted jumpers and the Spanx and I like the Aldi haul, but please, please, please Yvonne make it stop with the Nike swipe ups pllllleeeeaaassssse

Reactions: 14