Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RVfangirl

If she choses to put herself in the public eye as an influencer and hasn't been following the guidelines that we are all being asked to live with then unfortunately people are going to call out the behaviour. She thinks she got away with her little trip abroad and her adverts selling empire by her deleting spree and keeping herself offline. She hopes that the fuss will just quietly die down and the attention will eventually be deflected from her.
Unfortunately its because of people like Yvonne with their sense of entitlement to breach whatever guideline they feel doesnt quite apply to them that means we are going to be living with restrictions for some time to come.
It might be getting old for you but I am sick and tired of influencers thinking the rules dont apply to them. And thats the purpose of this site no? I dont think there is any limit to a timeline on past behaviour that we can't mention stuff?

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Howareyahun

VIP Member
You can tell with Yvonne her family come first all the time and every time. I am sure insta is making her a new income but at the same time it's not everything to her and she hasn't lost the run of herself.

AnnaBananaPie

VIP Member
Knits
Sequin explosion
Sweaty betty
leopard
Tanjuns
Pasta

that’ll save anyone a watch for a month

oh wait...sneering nightly at her husbands cheese plate

• Haha

Luckymum

Chatty Member
It was quite early on - after she sent her followers to do her dirty work she was doing some sort of promotion work - maybe with a bathroom or kitchen company and she got the guy there accessorised in all leopard. It was a good few days later and it was like see everyone loves leopard. It was forgotten but she had to bring it back up. When Trump won the election first time around she posted lots of pictures of Melania's style and a few people commented that it was a sad day for women with Trump getting into power and they weren't going to be admiring her style and her snotty responses and the way her and her followers responded was like a pack of bitchy schoolgirls with really mocking replies back. Another time she was posting constantly about a yellow rain coat and again someone commented fairly politely that it might be nice to see different styles/colours and the snotty response and then the loyal followers kicked in. When there was a move towards more transparency about what was being gifted or sponsored someone asked about whether or not something she was recommended from Aldi was gifted by them and she got really annoyed and went OTT about being questioned.
The nice messages and replies are all well and good but the examples above weren't people being rude or overly aggressive but once there was a hint of not being 110% praising Yvonne then she let the mask slip.
Even the Aldi stuff a few weeks ago, she just couldn't let it go.

Last edited:

Sooz

Chatty Member
She's always always answered me. I often think she must get 1000 questions a day, so she must be always on her phone.

But if it's a good income that's what you should do, imo.

Sooz

Chatty Member
What I like is that she knows people just want normal stuff. For example, showing what's New at Dunnes. I snapped up a fab dress there which was all sold out a few hours later because she showed it.

And I bought a Belle Brush set 20% off (we swear by it for kids hair, it really doesn't hurt) and it's fab.

I don't think I used her links but even if I did I wouldn't begrudge her monetising them. I don't have time to look around for the bargains so she saves me effort.

They must be doing a big job on the house. I thought it was just a new kitchen but they seem to be doing more to it.

JudeH

First time poster 100% believe now she was abroad for that week. Probably chuckling into her rose wine in the sun with the husband about how gullible the followers are. Delighted with themselves with cheap Aer Lingus flights and getting very luxurious accom at a great price. Pulling the wool over everyones eyes and funded by her greedy adverts haggling. Giveaway now to try and gloss over the damage now and drive a bit of engagement. Probably seething that the prize couldnt make her a bit more €€€ on adverts.

keywest

I've defended Yvonne before on this thread but this has really annoyed me. The absolute gall of a woman who clearly has a very comfortable life, selling off items she's been sent for nothing. I've always found Naomi (Style Fairy) too sickly sweet for my liking but to be fair to her, at least when she sells her items she's made it very clear the proceeds go to charity. And to just delete the Adverts profile rather than address it is just so bloody underhanded.
Style fairy definitely to sickly sweet to be wholesome as for Yvonne she was one of the only ones I thought was for real and relatable looks like she was playing the instahun game all along. Absolutely no time for her now.

Reactions: 11

Carlyq92

Yes and going by the amount of ads it had obviously been going on for some time. Just pure greed. Id say she is only sorry she was found out.
I've defended Yvonne before on this thread but this has really annoyed me. The absolute gall of a woman who clearly has a very comfortable life, selling off items she's been sent for nothing. I've always found Naomi (Style Fairy) too sickly sweet for my liking but to be fair to her, at least when she sells her items she's made it very clear the proceeds go to charity. And to just delete the Adverts profile rather than address it is just so bloody underhanded.

LennonRoad

VIP Member
I don’t mind her she’s harmless as they go but I’d say she makes a decent wage just from schilling links!

Shall64

Chatty Member
I just can’t believe she’s giving her family soup for dinner 😂😂
Soup? That’s not dinner in fairness.
I do all the cooking at the moment as I’m not working and would love to see my husband’s face after a long day’s work if I handed him a bowl of soup. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Ramona

She gives very honest try ons too and always reads and responds to messages, she isn't selling her whole life or a fake image and has given a few good tips for aldi too 🤣 I feel like you could sit and have a glass of wine with her so guess that makes her relatable. I also got the gold sandals from amazon flicking through the af stuff can be boring but at least its stuff i might buy and actually use or wear maybe I'm vanilla too 🤣

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
LOVE Ystyle!!! Even if I don't always buy I'll generally click or look at the link she puts up! I like that she not false and doesn't come on with the "hey guys haven't been on in ages coming on for the chats".

If I had to point her out in a line up I wouldn't know what she looks like! I hope she's making an absolute fortune from aff links cause there's no BS about her - her account is what it is a business. She doesn't over share, doesn't put out personal opinions on things, very inoffensive! Yes ok ok I'm in love with her!! 😆
Agree with all of the above. She’s relatable. The rest of them are so fake and desperate. Yvonne is not.

jeaner

It's not a case of unfollowing (I don't follow her anymore), we are allowed to comment on public accounts, that's the point of this site.

That response comes up on every single thread here at some stage and that's probably why this site exists. No criticism or questioning is tolerated on most of these influencers accounts and they enjoy living in their echo chamber of fawning fans telling them they're brilliant. Generally speaking, any "negativity" is deleted and blocked so it's good to have somewhere to discuss this new way that we are being incessantly sold to and explore the ethics and changing attitudes around "influencing". I'm speaking generally here by they way and not specifically about YStyle and it's in response to your "just unfollow" comment.

Jinks

How are these insta scammers getting away without paying tax? You can be100% sure she hasn’t declared the money she has earned from the sale of her freebies to revenue. The ASAI are asleep too. Maybe it’s time we helped them to wake up. 😂😂
What a sneaky, greedy and disingenuous woman..

• Heart

NoseyScouser94

" Stunning wrap dress. Cost €300. Received as a gift and went to wear but slightly too small as I am broad and cannot return. Its gorgeous " she actually wrote that on an ad I cant believe it received as a gift and shes trying to profit off it.. someone offered 25 euro and she says that too low ?? but you didn't buy it !!

" Brand new Clarks Leopard heel. Extremely well made cushioned leather shoe with built in heel grip. Just cant wear as bunion but were a gift" why does she have to put in to the description she has a bunion and thats the reason she cant wear them I would be ashamed if i was clarks and she recieved a gift from them but she cant wear them because of her bunion so instead of returning the gift she is going to flog them on adverts but someone offered her 25 quid and she said no because they are on sale for 80 quid online :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: she is just disgusting she is hardly strapped for cash by the looks of her house

Last edited:

EggChair

I love her account, one of my favourites. She sticks to her normal content and doesn't try to be anything else. Her husband is absolutely gorgeous too.
Sometimes her stories are a bit bland by just showing clothes, but that is what her account is about.

AnnaBananaPie

VIP Member
Have you seen Yvonne on the sponsored post by Sweaty Betty? So they have conveniently forgotten that she flogs their stuff as soon as she takes them off after the try-on. Unreal. So the brands just don't care, as long as there are enough eyes on the stories. Integrety means absolutely nothing.
Yes she popped up on an ad for me

I’m afraid I’m at Sweaty Betty saturation point
I can’t cope with one more Insta flogging them
They’re the spotlight for legs

next time I’m feeling spendy I’m heading for Lululemon

• Haha

moomollah

Have you seen Yvonne on the sponsored post by Sweaty Betty? So they have conveniently forgotten that she flogs their stuff as soon as she takes them off after the try-on. Unreal. So the brands just don't care, as long as there are enough eyes on the stories. Integrety means absolutely nothing.

• Haha