Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well this thread inspired me to wash my hair yesterday 🤦‍♀️ My hair always gets greasy quite quickly and probably needs washed every other day. At the moment it's more like once a week 😬 The smell of dry shampoo turns my stomach so washing it properly really is the better option for me.

I've also looked into a local salon that does online appointments and are open Sundays too. My eyebrows haven't been waxed in over two years 👀 They aren't looking too bad but my monobrow is lurking in the background.

My weight is not ideal and currently I'm just buying clothes that fit me, rather than are a style that suits.

Luckily I seem to be blessed with good skin so it doesn't take a lot of work. Before my second kid was born I used to spend Sunday evenings doing a face mask and really enjoyed that. He's being moved into his own room next week so hopefully can claw back some time to myself in that respect. Most evenings I don't really sit down until 8-9pm and then I'm up at 5am with kids. Sleep is definitely taking priority over grooming at the moment 😳

A question I want to ask regards waxing your lady bits. I have quite a 70s look and always have (Mr B is genuinely not fussed hence why I've never researched it before). I'd like to get there tidied up a bit but not sure how to start. Should I cut off as much hair as I can? Is hair removal cream a better route than waxing?

Reactions: 7
Well this thread inspired me to wash my hair yesterday 🤦‍♀️ My hair always gets greasy quite quickly and probably needs washed every other day. At the moment it's more like once a week 😬 The smell of dry shampoo turns my stomach so washing it properly really is the better option for me.

I've also looked into a local salon that does online appointments and are open Sundays too. My eyebrows haven't been waxed in over two years 👀 They aren't looking too bad but my monobrow is lurking in the background.

My weight is not ideal and currently I'm just buying clothes that fit me, rather than are a style that suits.

Luckily I seem to be blessed with good skin so it doesn't take a lot of work. Before my second kid was born I used to spend Sunday evenings doing a face mask and really enjoyed that. He's being moved into his own room next week so hopefully can claw back some time to myself in that respect. Most evenings I don't really sit down until 8-9pm and then I'm up at 5am with kids. Sleep is definitely taking priority over grooming at the moment 😳

A question I want to ask regards waxing your lady bits. I have quite a 70s look and always have (Mr B is genuinely not fussed hence why I've never researched it before). I'd like to get there tidied up a bit but not sure how to start. Should I cut off as much hair as I can? Is hair removal cream a better route than waxing?
If I am not going on holiday etc I just use the clipper part of a lady shave to trim the hair to about 2mm, then if going on holiday I will get a wax. I was a regular waxer but during lockdown started sorting it myself and will just carry on

Reactions: 3

Anything but hair removal down there 😭

If I am not going on holiday etc I just use the clipper part of a lady shave to trim the hair to about 2mm, then if going on holiday I will get a wax. I was a regular waxer but during lockdown started sorting it myself and will just carry on
Same here. I only bother getting any bits of me waxed now when I'm going on holiday. Otherwise I just shave everything myself.

@smellsofbiscuits , all I'll say is ease yourself in gently with a wax. Don't go straight for a Hollywood! :eek:

My tip: wash yo hair!!
How can you be polished, clean and fresh with one week old hair!!?!
I understand this will be an unpopular opinion. I do not care 🥲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Update: Thanks to this thread I bought some new lotions and potions from Superdrug that I'm trialling out this morning. I do need to get better at a night time skin care routine though. Most nights I'm too knackered and just fall into bed!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't create my own and can't find anything else of a similar nature in Advice. It's my Son's wedding this month and I absolutely CANNOT take a good photograph! I'm too self-conscious and end up either gurning like a loon or looking like I've the weight of the world on my shoulders!! I really want at least one good photo of me with the happy couple and wider family group but absolutely dreading the whole "posing experience"! Any advice?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't create my own and can't find anything else of a similar nature in Advice. It's my Son's wedding this month and I absolutely CANNOT take a good photograph! I'm too self-conscious and end up either gurning like a loon or looking like I've the weight of the world on my shoulders!! I really want at least one good photo of me with the happy couple and wider family group but absolutely dreading the whole "posing experience"! Any advice?
Hi 👋

Don’t know if this video will be of much use to you as a starting point. It’s a video by a model talking about posture and what to do with your hands etc

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Are you using professional photographers? If so they are expert at getting good photos from people who hate it. I used to photograph weddings. They will also help with posing but you may find your favourite photos are more informal ones taken when you’re not even looking. Hope all goes well.

Reactions: 2
I’m currently in the process of separating from my narcissist husband. Being with him has totally ruined my self confidence that I’d worked so hard to build! Trying to get ‘me’ back. I’m a total novice with beauty stuff… my ‘routine’ is wash face, moisturise with basic Vaseline moisturiser then day to day I use concealer, matte power and blush and that’s it.

where do I start? I’ve no idea about proper skin regimes or what products to buy. I’m never going to be mega glam but just want to look like I have my tit together a bit. Been looking for tips on here think I’m going to get regular gel nails and eyelash and brow tints … maybe Botox but that scares me a bit !

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m currently in the process of separating from my narcissist husband. Being with him has totally ruined my self confidence that I’d worked so hard to build! Trying to get ‘me’ back. I’m a total novice with beauty stuff… my ‘routine’ is wash face, moisturise with basic Vaseline moisturiser then day to day I use concealer, matte power and blush and that’s it.

where do I start? I’ve no idea about proper skin regimes or what products to buy. I’m never going to be mega glam but just want to look like I have my tit together a bit. Been looking for tips on here think I’m going to get regular gel nails and eyelash and brow tints … maybe Botox but that scares me a bit !
Not much to say on the beauty side as I’m totally out of touch lol, but just a message to say best of luck on your new path and you will get your confidence back in no time xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Gel nails and a brow and lash tint make the world of difference.
Skin care wise just be consistent, even on those nights when none of us can be bothered doing it.
I’m happy you’re out of what sounds like a nightmare! Enjoy your new found freedom

Reactions: 10

You sound like you could be my twin! We’ve got this!!!

In addition to some of the things other people have already mentioned, and lots of things I really should start doing, I recently started the process of laser hair removal, and I would totally recommend! It is quick and painless and so good to not have to shave.

I also jumped on the trend of Coco and Eve hair mask. Having never paid anywhere near that price for hair product, I got it for a birthday present and have continued to buy it ever since. My hair feels amazing for days after I use it. It is definitely worth the hype and money.

I have always used basic make up, and decided to invest in better brands this year. I totally recommend choosing the better times and notice a massive difference in my make up.

A good moisturiser is necessary. I love a benefit moisturiser, but live abroad and can’t get it. I usually bring us a pie back with me, but Covid has meant that I have a run out. I was wondering what other moisturises people would recommend? I like lightweight but extra moisturising.

Also, can anybody give a beginner some advice on serums? I have never used them I don’t really know where to start, but they are quite expensive to start in the wrong place.

Love this thread!! I’m stealing all the tips!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Even if you aren't a "full face" makeup person but want to look more polished, I find liquid products on my nasty crusty dry skin make me look more put together. No.7 liquid illiminator, MUA liquid blush, and a lip tint like revlon kiss cushion tint. A little swipe swipe wet and wild concealer too! All easily accessible brands and not stupidly pricey.
This combo definitely takes me from looking like tiny tim in a Christmas carol to a slightly more healthy version of me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Clothes that fit - I do love lounging in over sized t-shirts and leggings, but when I want to feel put together then wearing clothes that actually fit me make the world of difference

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Loving this thread. The bit I struggle with is my hair. I am hopeless with updo's and putting my hair up so it looks classy, but ponytails can be so dull. I bought one of those hair bun donuts but then I had lots of hair sticking out. Oh to look classier!

Reactions: 2
Loving this thread. The bit I struggle with is my hair. I am hopeless with updo's and putting my hair up so it looks classy, but ponytails can be so dull. I bought one of those hair bun donuts but then I had lots of hair sticking out. Oh to look classier!
Have you tried any hair bands? In the heatwave I started wearing hairbands that had a pretend tied knot in the middle or side. I really like them!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.