Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel eyebrows can change your whole face, love having my brows waxed and tinted.

A nice lipstick and perfume always make me feel ready for the day.

Reactions: 14
Fresh trim always makes me feel 100% can’t stand the feel of dead straggly ends, as well as a fresh colour and a blow dry.

a tan is also a must along with a facial 🥰

Reactions: 2
I just can’t afford to get my nails done. But they make me feel so put together and better if I do. I’ve started using primark glue on nails, lasting me 10 days - 14 days. I get so many comments on my glue on nails and they cost me £1!!!!
Primark nails are fab for the price. The tube of glue that comes with them drives me insane though. So fiddly. I buy this and use it instead. SO much easier when you can 'paint' the glue on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Minimal make up, simple hairstyles, neutral clothing, not over doing it with the jewellery, clothes that fit well (not too small / oversized), nails kept clean, good posture when sitting / walking / standing.

Reactions: 6
For me, its having nice clean and styled hair, my eyebrows done, i love makeup especially base/complexion makeup, fake tan, and wearing clothes that suit my figure. I am naturally petite, and although i have put on some weight so rather than trying to squeeze into my size 6/some size 8 clothes, i buy clothes in my size and it makes such a difference. I also have abit of addidas trainers obsession so i love matching my gazelle's hamburgs/spezial/Dublin's with my outfit when im casual. Oh and nails, i love treating myself and getting them shaped and polished.

My tips....(as a disclaimer I'm not that hairy!)
Waxed, tint and tidy eyebrows are a must!
Chin wax is a must
Nostil wax. I do it at home with hot wax called yoffee,bleeping painful but it's amazing

Always always wear a good perfume that is suitable for the occasion. It's worth spending £££ on 2 or 3 really good perfumes in rotation. One for the day, evening and special occasions.

Always painted gel toe nails. I have one of those UV lamps so nails look more professional.

I religiously moisturize my whole body after a shower with heavy duty cream. Elizabeth 8hour cream is the best for me.

An all over body scrub and using an exfoliating brush before a big night out or event makes me feel super fresh

Reactions: 8
Parking myself here for all the tips!! :m I feel in a rut and so average, not good for self confidence. It would be nice to go to events and not feel so meh about how I look.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Groomed, polished and glamorous are not words associated with me. However, clean hair is an absolute must, I hate seeing peoples greasy hair and I feel revolting unless I've washed mine daily.

Reactions: 10
Parking myself here for all the tips!! :m I feel in a rut and so average, not good for self confidence. It would be nice to go to events and not feel so meh about how I look.
Me too, although I have a standard I'd like to achieve.

I also feel like I'm not adulty enough, like a proper grown up woman , cos people often tell me they presume I am younger than I am.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely second all of this with the addition of tan. I use st moriz express tan twice a week - I wfh so I put it on after my morning shower then wash it off on my break, I hate sleeping in tan especially in the summer so this is a life saver. I also exercise 5 times a week but if this isn’t for you then at least try and get out for a walk every day. Fresh air is a god send
I just tried this tan the other week and it went on really uneven and dark so I panicked and washed it off. I am rubbish with anything like this though. I exfoliated before and used a mitt so not sure where I went wrong. It might have been the way I applied if.

Great tips here ladies, you have all inspired me! I used take a lot of pride in my appearance but I’ve let myself go after my second was born, I feel like I look so haggard. That was 10 months ago though (she was born) so it’s time to sort myself out

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just tried this tan the other week and it went on really uneven and dark so I panicked and washed it off. I am rubbish with anything like this though. I exfoliated before and used a mitt so not sure where I went wrong. It might have been the way I applied if.
I thought that the first time I used it, I tit myself but honestly don’t worry it develops and washes off fine I’ve never had problems with it xx

Reactions: 3
Such good advice here already. I am not a nail person at all but people are so right, nice clean and neat nails (you dont even need them done) just speak to hygiene if nothing else.

Smelling good i.e. nice perfume/cologne.

I agree about what others have said about eyebrows, they totally do open up your face.

If someone wants to exude a very naturally polished look (almost like "Oh yeah I look like this all the time") then quite subtle but still done make up. Heavy make up of course can look fantastic if you are good at applying it but it also is very obvious that you are attempting to look 'polished'.

Nice clean shoes too. No grubby or dirty shoes.

Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask works wonders on my skin. It is expensive but you can get a smaller one for which lasts about 8 uses. I also love the Revolution detox strawberry face mask which is cheaper and makes my skin glow.
The Ordinary do a peel mask (it’s red, looks like fake blood!) - it’s amazing and only about £6.

I did a questionnaire on the deciem website and they send you a personalised skin regime. It takes a few weeks to come through as it’s a real person putting it together. I’ve been using my regime for a few months and my skin is definitely smoother and brighter.

I get my nails done every 3ish weeks, and my eyebrows done every 5ish weeks. I just feel more like a woman when I have them done as I have such small stumpy hands they're like a little boys with no nails! and good eyebrows just make me feel like I have my life in order haha.
I do my tan every Thursday evening or try at least, sometimes I just can't be bothered but I always feel much better when I do. I have been known though in the past to just tan the parts people would see 😂
I cleanse, tone and moisturise every night, along with some drops of youth and some eye cream.
Dye my hair every 6ish weeks and get it trimmed every couple of months.
Try to go on the exercise bike about 4/5 times a week or go for a big walk, just makes me feel better about myself and less guilty for buying shite loads of chocolate in Home Bargains!
I wear dresses pretty much everyday, nice shoes etc.

I never feel like a proper woman though, I always feel really insecure beside other woman, but everything I do, I do for me and it helps a little :)

Would love to try Olaplex, heard lots of good reviews.

Loving all your tips ladies, can't wait to take some of them onboard :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have thick hair that can get dry. Olaplex did nothing for my hair. I was excited to use it as had heard good things. I will say though you can get a little trial back with 4 little tubes so you can try before you commit. I definitely second the exercise. I exercise 5 days a week as well as dog walks. As I said in my previous post this helps massively with my mental health as I can be very harsh on myself. I find if I feel good about myself it shows. Receiving a compliment like "you're looking well" Makes all the religious skincare and exercise worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree about Olaplex. There wasn’t a huge difference with my hair. My hair looks better with Redken all soft mask as a conditioner. Makes my hair shiny and less frizzy

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.