Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tan luxe or similar tanning drops for my face makes SUCH a difference
Subtle but so effective
I’d love to do twice a week but usually forget

Reactions: 3
My tips....(as a disclaimer I'm not that hairy!)
Waxed, tint and tidy eyebrows are a must!
Chin wax is a must
Nostil wax. I do it at home with hot wax called yoffee,bleeping painful but it's amazing

Always always wear a good perfume that is suitable for the occasion. It's worth spending £££ on 2 or 3 really good perfumes in rotation. One for the day, evening and special occasions.

Always painted gel toe nails. I have one of those UV lamps so nails look more professional.

I religiously moisturize my whole body after a shower with heavy duty cream. Elizabeth 8hour cream is the best for me.

An all over body scrub and using an exfoliating brush before a big night out or event makes me feel super fresh
How do you remove the gel polish yourself? I’m thinking of doing gel nails at home myself…

Reactions: 2
How do you remove the gel polish yourself? I’m thinking of doing gel nails at home myself…
There are two ways to do this with acetone.

You can either use clips like these and put some acetone on a piece of cotton wool or lint free material then clip for about 10 minutes. Or a soaking bowl, one like this is ideal as you can put hot water in the base which heats up the acetone and helps the gel slide off quicker.

Please do not file your gel polish off completely - gel polish without a builder gel or acrylic overlay underneath is too thin to be filed off without touching the natural nail. Your colour should only be filed off completely if you have an overlay between your natural nail and the colour. Filing gel polish completely off on natural nails is how people end up damaging their nails. I don't know if you've ever seen someone with what's called 'rings of fire' nails where they're red and sore with rings on the plate, or people who say that gel 'damaged' their nails, but they've almost certainly overfiled their nail bed. For most gel polishes these days you don't even need to file the nail plate with an actual file first, you can use a lower grit buffing block (I use a 220 for prepping the nail and a 120 for shaping, you only need higher grits like 180 or 100 for builder gel/acrylic).

You will need to gently file the top coat off your gels before you soak them to allow the acetone to penetrate the product, but you only need to do this lightly - basically until there is no shine left on the top, once the colour is mattified that's enough. Very very gently.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Love this thread! Just ordered myself some gorge little stud earrings from Astrid and miyu 🥰 I’m just wondering what shampoo and conditioner does everyone use to get shiny glossy hair? I wash blow dry straighten mine and feel it still looks meh, I have what I would describe as naturally straight, lank hair! Don’t mine spending a bit more than average, I docfeel like I have tried most brands from herbal essences to kerastase but just can’t find one I love!

Love this thread! Just ordered myself some gorge little stud earrings from Astrid and miyu 🥰 I’m just wondering what shampoo and conditioner does everyone use to get shiny glossy hair? I wash blow dry straighten mine and feel it still looks meh, I have what I would describe as naturally straight, lank hair! Don’t mine spending a bit more than average, I docfeel like I have tried most brands from herbal essences to kerastase but just can’t find one I love!
What kerastase range did you use? Is your hair coloured?

Do you use any leave in conditioner products? Look up the beauty works 10 in 1 miracle spray, you can get it on asos and they always do 20% now and again too! I got it the last time they done it and it’s actually unreal, will never be without it now 🥰 My hair is sooo soft and shiny 🥰 it’s such a good price point full price is £11.99.

Reactions: 1
What kerastase range did you use? Is your hair coloured?

Do you use any leave in conditioner products? Look up the beauty works 10 in 1 miracle spray, you can get it on asos and they always do 20% now and again too! I got it the last time they done it and it’s actually unreal, will never be without it now 🥰 My hair is sooo soft and shiny 🥰 it’s such a good price point full price is £11.99.
I’ve tried a couple of the kerastase can’t remember the exact names but definitely wasn’t blown away! My ends are highlighted and have a toner every couple of months whilst growing out my natural colour so it’s not over processed or damaged! Ah thanks I’ll give that a go as well then!

I’ve tried a couple of the kerastase can’t remember the exact names but definitely wasn’t blown away! My ends are highlighted and have a toner every couple of months whilst growing out my natural colour so it’s not over processed or damaged! Ah thanks I’ll give that a go as well then!
It’s a really lovely product 😍 I won’t be without it now 🥰

I've used this for shine for years and years. It really works. Aveda have a whole Brilliant range but I only use the spray. I only use their products on my hair though.

BDAB0018-65E8-480A-A53A-1AB80F77226B.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Personally for me I like a gel mani and pedi chipped nail varnish ruins a look.
As others have said a eyebrow wax and tint and lash perm and tint can make a massive difference.
I don’t mean to sound patronising but good oral hygiene is another. There’s nothing worse than speaking to someone and they’ve got food in between their teeth and/or bad breath.
A nice perfume can make all the difference too.

Reactions: 5
I never get my nails done properly and rarely even used to paint them but have start doing so and it looks and makes me feel great! I got a gel manicure at the weekend and honestly, I'm in love with it. I'll probably not get them all the time as I hate that UV light on a regular basis but love the essie nail polishes for longer lasting home painted nails. I think nice nails definitely looks great on a person.

Reactions: 9
I have permanent eye liner and lipstick. It’s so incredibly easy. I forget about it and have had it about a year, so even running to the shops I look as though I’ve made an effort.

Reactions: 3
Getting stick on vanity mirror lights with changeable warmth was a game changer for my makeup. I like being able to check what my makeup will look like in different light settings. I paid less than $10 for them.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone come across any threads similar to this please? I have loved reading this 😂

Reactions: 7
Do you ever do a scalp scrub or charcoal shampoo? If you’re washing and styling your hair a lot I’d guess you’re using a lot of products and product build up can make your hair look lank and not as shiny. I love the Ouai scalp scrub (also really nice on your hands) and I definitely see a difference if I don’t use it weekly

Reactions: 4
For me,

eyebrows threaded regularly- really helps shape the face, and even if i wear minimum make up, i still feel like I look groomed.

make up- as i’m getting older, less is definitely more. It cosmetics cc cream, mascara, cream blush and lip balm.

hair- loving the sleek low bun look ( like kendal jenner) just think its look really cool and sophisticated at the same time.

also its bit of a faff sometimes but full body moisturiser after shower/bath. Otherwise my dry skin looks dull/ashy.

regular pedicures as well, i just feel better when my feet look clean.

i do my hands myself with my gel kit.

Reactions: 9
I am in a total rut with my workwear, what kind of thing do you wear to the office? I need new ideas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.