Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I also highly rate ELF make up - extremely good value for money and often on offer at Boots and Superdrug.

Reactions: 6

Silverback

VIP Member
Just hit up the Victoria Beckham counter. Tried the satin Kajal liners but I already have shades similar so went for the lid lustre in mink instead. Adore the colour.

BriarRose

I’m going for my first proper facial on Tuesday, it’s an October special and includes a Pumpkin Spice mask 🥰 I have a feeling I’m going to want to to go all time!

Kikidoyouloveme

Lookfantastic have a good deal on the Bobbi Brown vitamin primer at the mo...basically 2 for 1...trying to convince myself that I should save my money and get the Primark version. 🙃 Has anyone tried the dupe?
I’ve used the primark and Aldi dupes…they are nice but more watery, have a look on QVC I got a massive tub, bronzer, lippie and pallet for 60 quid in their TSV offer, and I paid in 3 so it’s practically free 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Re: Essence cosmetics, if anyone is going to Ireland all of their Primark stores (it's called Penneys) over there have Essence stands.
I normally stock up when I'm over visiting friends and family.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Years ago I knew a bloke who said he could smell that I was in the building - I don't wear perfume 😲🥴
Cue paranoia thinking I stank until I mentioned it to my mum, who immediately looked excited and said it meant he fancied me. She was probably thinking of weddings and hats 😄

• Haha
Nail polish, what are your go to colours!? I have gone off getting my nails done, just not a fan of the UV lights on my hands.... so wanna get some normal polish in colours that aren't pink!
I find Barry M "Gelly" polishes good for the look of gel nails without the lamp, they come in quite a few colours - my fave is "Lavender" which is what it says on the tin

• Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I'm a bit of a makeup novice. However I would quite like to make more of an effort with myself! Whilst browsing, I've noticed Revolution do little starter sets - wondered what the makeup was like and wether it was worth purchasing a few?
I'd recommend Elf over revolution personally. Worth looking at reviews first for either brand as can be hit or miss.

Reactions: 5

mindlessness

VIP Member
I am in desperate need of some good quality, thick leggings - in any colour apart from black! It’s all I currently live in 🤣 I was thinking a nice neutral/dark beige/brown to go with my cream/khaki coat and clothes. I don’t want cotton, but the gym-style poly material. Any ideas of brands please?! Fed up of being sent to the same few websites 🤦🏻‍♀️
As House of tea mentioned, lots of us have loved Lovall leggings. I particularly like these Winter leggings they do - super soft and comfortable. https://lovall.com/products/winter-everyday-high-waisted-leggings-stone

• Heart
I agree, better to have a too big dress than a too tight one. If it’s too big you can always get the dress tailored closer to the date
I agrée with this. You can still try and lose the weight and it wouldn’t be difficult to get a seamstress to take it in for you. But removes the pressure to lose weight in a “have to” way. Especially with Christmas in between now and then

• Heart

peachesandcreamz

VIP Member
This might be a silly question but I’ve bought myself a hair mask and I’ve never used one before. It says put in wet hair, so I’m guessing it’s not clean/washed hair?
I use this Herbal Essences one.

I shampoo (twice), squeeze my hair of as much water as poss, and apply a generous amount like a conditioner. Leave it on for about 10 mins or so then wash out - smells UNREAL and hair feels silky 🥰

1697446277196.png

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
That’s not true when it comes to
tretinoin though. It’s not available OTC in the U.K. but very cheaply and readily available in Spain. Not sure about Belgium though.
You can get it online quite easily with a bit of Googling, not sure if I'd be allowed to link to the site I used? Try "world" in your search!
---
I normally take off mascara/eye make up and the top layer of the rest of the make up with micellar water soaked cotton pads and then go in with a balm cleanser for a more thorough second cleanse and massage. I use Garnier micellar water and Clinique Take the Day Off.
Something I learned recently about micellar water and toners: Invest in some spray mist bottles to really blast your face (particularly with the micellar!) then remove the excess with cotton pads. It saves on the fluids and the cotton pads.

I use muslin cloths to remove any excess then wring them out and use them again with a cleansing balm or whatever I'm washing my face with.
It saves on mess not having to splash my face with water (although I have adopted the towelling wristbands to prevent my sleeves getting wet, can't believe it took me so long to figure out that problem!) and using washables is greener, which I love.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I dampen the ends of my hair (unwashed hair), put the mask in and let it sit for a few hours. Then I wash out and shampoo/condition as normal

pommynoir

VIP Member
I’m going for my first proper facial on Tuesday, it’s an October special and includes a Pumpkin Spice mask 🥰 I have a feeling I’m going to want to to go all time!
Please share results! I’ve never had a facial and I would love one. I work near a hydra facial shop(?) and I’m always tempted to go in

• Heart

Realitybites

VIP Member
What's everyone asking for, for Christmas? I need ideas - I'm just feeling so uninspired this year and don't particularly feel like I need anything!? However I do like to have something to open in the morning! 😂
I’d like a new pair of trainers but don’t have a clue what’s fashionable when it comes to them.

JSquared

VIP Member
i’m wondering if anyone in here can offer me some advice, i’ve recently started a new job that’s full-time working from home 9-5, i’m struggling to keep myself feeling motivated to get up and get ready each morning but i really want to feel put together, just seeing if anyone might’ve been in the same boat or has any tips/tricks on how to try and keep on top of feeling put together and ready for each day, as i feel like it’s getting to a point where i’m just rolling out of bed and working in my pyjamas
I haven’t got much more to add than others have already shared but I would also say is, in terms of keeping motivated, keep the space were you are working somewhere you want to be. The room where I work, I put my favourite candles, some really nice pictures up etc. I also bought nice stationary/bits for my desk. Nothing expensive or overly fancy.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
My hairdresser is ace. Not at all bitchy. We moved in the same circles as teens and still have a lot in common. I’ve been today actually, cut, colour and blow dry is £65 here in the midlands. I was there for four hours and my hair is just shy of waist length.

• Wow

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I’m ginger naturally with curly/wavy hair, depending on how I style it and I was picked on horrendously by family members and kids at school.
Now I find people are spending so much money in hairdressers to achieve the colour I am and the hair I’ve got.
I once worked for a short while with a ginger haired girl and words kept falling out of my mouth about it, which she seemed to take offence about. But her hair just looked so heavenly!!! Made me realize that what you think looks wonderful the owner doesn't (probably cos of the amount of nastiness they get about their hair colour). She obviously thought I was a bitch and every nice word I said was actually a veiled dig. 😟.
She had a wonderful voice as well and when I said she should be on the radio she took this the wrong way as well. 🤷 (Presumably in her eyes I was saying she looked ugly).

• Sad
  • Wow

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Dumb question alert 😂
I would like to try out those semi-cured gel nail stickers but I don't want to purchase a nail UV lamp for something I might try once. I've a UV flashlight - does anyone know whether that would work as well? If I'd do one nail at a time? I know you're not supposed to expose the stickers to light because they might harden.
I bought two different packs of those and they were terrible. I cured with a UV nail lamp as well. I was totally sucked in by the TikTok videos and they were utterly shite. Sorry.

In other news, going back to the Pull & Bear recommendations, was quite surprised to find they have actual physical stores! Walking round a shopping centre in France and there was one in there. Picked up another pair of jeans as they were cheaper than the UK and it would have been rude not to 😂

• Haha
  • Heart