Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
On the subject of perfume: Anna Sui Sundae Violet Vibe is similar to Baccarat Rouge, but less overpowering than either it or Red Temptation, and a bit less plasticky than Cloud if a you're a fan of that type of scent

• Wow
Reactions: 5

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
Ogx apple cider vinegar shampoo changed my life. I have very thick quite long hair and it gets greasy every 2 days I weirdly started getting super greasy / sticky in the middle of the back of my hair. Used this and it changed my hair instantly, I can also now sometimes go an extra day without washing!
I love OGX, too. I use the biotin and collagen one, and as a subsequent poster to Ratatat-tit said, tried the ACV one as a clarifying shampoo every other week. I have just started using the Body Shop Shea shampoo, which is great too. I've been using the shea butter mask from there for about a year - I wet the ends of my hair and leave it on for an hour or so while I go to the gym, then wash my hair as normal when I get home. I find most conditioners weigh my hair down and leave it flyaway, so I've been doing the mask, washing with OGX (and now shea) and then conditioning with the orange L'Oreal wonder water.

I get my OGX from Amazon on subscribe and save, it can cost as little as £2.75 which is great! Ditto the wonder water, which is typically abut £5 as opposed to the £10 in the shops.

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Not quite ‘looking’ glamorous but ‘feeling’ it…. Any recs out there for getting rid of B.O? For some reason the skin around one of my pits seems to whiff by mid morning regardless of what I do or wear. I’ve switched from shower gel to bars of soap, I’ve tried using the glycolic acid toner (read on another site) and I’m trying now with liquid antibacterial soap in the shower too. The wetness itself isn’t an issue, just the sweaty smell

Next step is bleach or dettol (I’m only half joking) so before that- any other ideas?
I used driclor to stop sweating as much. Bit extreme if you read the reviews, but it was life changing for me.

Thank you. I’m glad you are feeling better. I had access to a psychologist at a hospital a year or two ago but was eventually discharged- it’s back with a vengeance. I’ll try and find someone new.

Lying in bed in the dark and fretting about what to do with my hair today 😭 I feel hideous whatever I try.
I have/had naturally curly and wavy hair (a mix). I have straightend it into oblivion at this point sadly but I always admire women I work with who keep their hair curly. They look polished and actually extra glam I think!!

That said I know how you feel because that's how I felt (my mother would insult my hair when I was a child, curly hair was "difficult" hair). I always think curly hair looks amazing on others but just not on me 🙈

Can you find a curly hair hairdressers and get them to show you how to style it for everyday? Would that help you think?

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend me a dental scaler?
I'm not sure if they are all a load of rubbish!
I can’t comment on home descaling BUT I went to the dental hygienist last week and I’m a convert! Was worried it was going to be awful but it was fine. Only mildly unpleasant. My teeth felt brand new and were a couple of shades whiter.

• Heart

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
i’m wondering if anyone in here can offer me some advice, i’ve recently started a new job that’s full-time working from home 9-5, i’m struggling to keep myself feeling motivated to get up and get ready each morning but i really want to feel put together, just seeing if anyone might’ve been in the same boat or has any tips/tricks on how to try and keep on top of feeling put together and ready for each day, as i feel like it’s getting to a point where i’m just rolling out of bed and working in my pyjamas

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I was so scared of going too! I’d heard horror stories that they just tell you off relentlessly, that it’s painful and you leave bleeding. This hygienist had the best bedside manner, didn’t blame me for my gum recession (I told her I was sick of dentists talking to me like I brushed my teeth with a Brillo pad or something) and put me right at ease.

She even had a go at removing some glue on one of my incisors that was left over from having braces over 25 years ago 🤣

£32 is super cheap @Scorpihoe. It cost me £60.

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I may be the only one but I just feel jeans of any kind don’t look right on me?! I am a size 12/14 and 5ft 7, I’m an hour glass shape and I store weight on my stomach, but my legs are skinny. I just feel jeans draw attention to my stomach area if I wear something more fitted/ shorter on top, but if I wear something oversized it throws off all my proportions and makes me look very top heavy. Any ideas?! 🙈
Just catching up on posts and I was literally thinking to myself that no jeans look right on me and I’ve got all sizes and styles in my wardrobe, so I’ve given them all away to charity etc.
I’m now revamping my wardrobe collection as I’m sick of upsetting myself trying to make something look good just because it’s “in style” and having it backfire

Dressing to make myself look good from now on and what I like to wear, which isn’t jeans 😀😂

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Thanks @or JusRollWithIt My husband has been on You Tube and he has watched a few videos. He thinks he can fix it with pliers. Worth a go. The zip is perfectly sewn to the edges of the back but there is a kink in the zip which then makes the whole zip run off its tracks.
It worked. Bag saved in a few minutes! Make do and mend! 🪡🧵

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
I think it comes from a relative making comments about my hair years back.

my hair really won’t stay straight. Even after using GHDs and hairspray, it finds a way to wave. I’ve got the routine down for defining the curls, but I need to accept that this is my hair type. I did go through a phase of letting the curls loose for a few years and then moved away from it again. I don’t know why.

Just wish it all didn’t mess with my head so much.
I totally understand this as a fellow naturally curly girl.

My hair was always wild as a child,really tight thick curls that no one could ever tame. My mum couldn't handle it and my hairstyles were non existent. My sister has absolute poker straight hair the absolute opposite of mine. I remember going back to primary school after lunch and seeing my shadow on the pavement of the frizzy bits sticking out all over. I turned around and went back home to try and stick it down. That must be 35 years ago now 😭

I'm glad you've got the curl routine down now, I think with this hair type that is the most important thing. Knowing what products and heat styling to use are key. I get more compliments now about my hair in my mid 40's than I ever have. People young and old say how interesting it is and how I'm lucky to have such lovely hair. So now I embrace it 🤗

I like to watch MD London on Instagram, he has some good tutorials for curly hair.
---
@Silverback that's really lovely, bang on trend, really stylish!
---
I need some serious help!

I'm mid (almost past mid) 40's stay at home mum with kids not really needing me anymore as much 😭

I look so dated, well not dated but basic if you know what I mean. I have my lashes/nails/hair done regularly but everything else is hit and miss.

Make up needs an overhaul/wardrobe needs an update/hairstyling needs a change/skincare is desperate.

Where do I start? I feel like I'm really starting to look my age. Husband and I are starting to do weekends away and date night more often and I want to make an effort for us both but I'm not sure where to start!

Last edited:
  • Heart

AmmaH

I just admitted defeat with my DMs and out them on Depop....so many pairs on there! Mine were the platform ones and they were just far too heavy! I hurt my knees from wearing them!

Need to get my Botox topped up but in meantime Benefit Porefessional Primer is good for filling in wrinkles either under or over foundation! Elf putty primer is not too bad either!

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
i don’t know if this will help anyone with buying trainers but a lot of places that do ‘junior’ versions will go up to a womens size 5/6, i bought my air force years ago from the youth section and they were almost half the price for exactly the same shoe😭 i’m not sure how i converted it or what i ended up doing but it’s a little life hack that i aaalways check to see if i can get it cheaper💅

petalpetal5381

Chatty Member
Dudes I have to spill this out somewhere and I’ve chosen here. Apologies.

I suffer from body dysmorphia and I’m so distracted by it lately that I don’t know how to deal with it. My hair bothers me so much- it’s naturally curly but I feel that it looks ugly in its natural state. It’s so curly though that it won’t go straight. I try having a fringe but it goes curly at the slightest hint of damp. I constantly fret that I look hideous. I keep faffing with my hair trying this and that and am convinced I look bloody awful constantly.

I don’t know how to deal with all this. It’s taken over my entire brain. I just got out a photo album to flip through and found a picture of me aged 5 with my hair all curly and I know it sounds daft but I don’t want to let that little girl down. She looks cute- why do I hate my appearance so much? (I know why- my family,but that’s a whole other story.).

Anyway. Sorry for the derail. Just needed to say it somewhere because it’s really hard to articulate this in real life.
I had counselling for body dysmorphia/ low self esteem on the NHS 💜 so definitely reach out for help as it will make things better. Sending you love!

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
I think I know what colours suit me but always have trouble figuring out what season I really am, especially where the analysis asks you what jewellery suits you more or if your skin is warm, cool, or neutral tone. I literally don't know? Haha but I think I'm deep autumn, though I've seen it say that warm seasons don't suit white for example when I think I really do suit white. Most people do imo 😅

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I may be the only one but I just feel jeans of any kind don’t look right on me?! I am a size 12/14 and 5ft 7, I’m an hour glass shape and I store weight on my stomach, but my legs are skinny. I just feel jeans draw attention to my stomach area if I wear something more fitted/ shorter on top, but if I wear something oversized it throws off all my proportions and makes me look very top heavy. Any ideas?! 🙈

While I'm a lot shorter than you, I know exactly what you mean. I'm 5ft, hourglass shape and all weight goes to my lower belly and hips.
Mom jeans look ridiculous because they give me a "pouch" on my belly, which is really not something I'm after. Tucking in a shirt, like the infamous French tuck, simply looks stupid. Might be me and not getting how to do it correctly, but I simply look like I'm really bloated.

I still think though that jeans look a lot better on my than e.g. leggings, which look really just bad. But I'm quite specific about the cut: it needs to be slim or straight, not skinny (or at least not ultra skinny). Not high rise and also not low rise, just medium. High rise makes my bum look weird and gives me the hated "pouch", low rise makes me look like I've even shorter legs.
And not too much stretch in the denim. Best is really no stretch at all, but that's quite hard to find these days.

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Do you have everyday foundation/skin bb/tint etc and then Going Out foundation?

I do -but I literally only use my expensive Going Out foundation YSL like once a month so I’m thinking why ??? do I use cheap day foundation and expensive one I rarely use

I want nice everyday one any suggestions?

I have tried AimeeCon skin tint and ItCosmetics ones in the past

but lately I’m buying random Primark cheap crap ones and I feel I deserve more going to work but somehow I don’t?! I have a mental block 🥹

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
Update on the trial of Charlotte Tilbury beautiful skin foundation in case it helps anyone: it was nice but I looked so shiny! Kept having to powder every hour. Probably therefore works fine for dry skin but certainly not for combination/ oily.