Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
They look great, are they comfy? 😁
So far they seem ok, only walked around the lounge lol they don’t feel high. Most of my shoes come from sainsburys and never had any problems….wish I saw them when they had 25% off the other week lol they were £30.
I will update when I’ve worn them out…might be a Monica from friends with her boots lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Spent a small fortune on JVN hair products and now feel like an idiot because they've left my normally glossy wavy hair, a big tangly frizzy mess ☹ My rosacea is flaring up badly and I'm struggling to find my maternity style. Feel like a frizzy, red, spotty hippo 😭 Help please!

• Sad

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I did enjoy on the early threads how people were talking about how they look put together eg capsule wardrobes, regular manicures etc rather than just beauty products tips.

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s been asked before but has anyone used P.Louise make up before? It keeps being advertised to me and I’m wondering if it would make a nice present for my sister.
Hiya. I’ve used loads of her stuff and used to be a budget box subscriber
Depends on how old your sister is and what colours she’s into

Her setting spray is good as are her eye bases and brow products.
Her palettes do have colour payoff but are very samey samey.
Her bad bitch energy kits are my fave with the lip conditioners and lip oils, I have loads of different “flavours”
Her new big advent isn’t worth it all but the budget one seems fairly decent
She’s got some good stuff on sale at the min
My daughter who are teenagers love her bath and body products for the scent and how girly they look.

Her make up brushes are some of the best I’ve used and she is doing good deals on them

Her blush and bronzer palettes are ok. I prefer her cream blush to powder.
The highlighters liquid and powder are a huge no unless you wanna look gold!

Erm anything else just ask 😂

Edited to add: I purchased some of her new Black Friday collection and the setting spray is nice. Smells like sun cream and the blush collection is good as it’s 6 creams and 6 powders

doodlebug

VIP Member
omgggg that sounds awful. the way they run their salon just seems so chaotic too. Maybe before you leave your scathing review, maybe email the manager and say you didn't feel comfortable saying it at the time (because who wants to squibble over a discount whilst someone has a pair of scissors in your hair 😅 ) but you don't think that £20 discount is representative of the inconvenience you were caused, or how bad their service was. Ask if they think that's fair, or how they run their business. Give them a chance for a bit more of a refund to you, in exchange for not leaving a review (or leave that out if you want). And then go in on the review if they're not interested in rectifying it with you.

But definitely don't go back!

❤❤❤
I definitely will do that cos I’m really regretting now not standing my ground more at the time!!

• Heart
What foundation does everyone use? I’ve been a bit lost since The ordinary discontinued their foundation, I don’t wear it much anyway. I’ve got a night out on Friday and I really want a nice high coverage one if anyone has a good cheap-ish one they can recommend? I’m pregnant and suffering with a bit of acne so high coverage would really help. Thanks 🙏 😊
Whenever you say high coverage people always recommend Estee lauder double wear and.... I can honestly say I HATE it. Try and get colour matched and a sample in Boots before you buy it!
Regarding recommendations for how to look good that isn't a specific product recommend. How about finding your colour season??

It looks at your skin tone, eye colour hair colour and gives you a colour palette that flatters or enhances these elements!

I paid to get an analysis done but there are lots of images online that should help you figure it out too! I am a light summer, slight pear and knowing this makes shopping online so much easier, with a lot less returns!
Gabrielle-Arruda-12-seasons-color-palette-chart.jpeg

8fdd2e582f6d1b67133141a075fbc72f.jpg

• Heart

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
If you want old quality DMs, you’re best going with Solovair.
Yes! They are the factory that used to make them aren’t they? They own some of the designs I think, the machinery is the same setup that have always made Docs. And the quality looks far better, all the reviews are very positive.

more expensive, but there’s not much more expensive than spending £150 on shoes you have to replace every 18 months

mindlessness

VIP Member
My Mum has always been a big proponent on figuring out what colours work for you. She had her 'colours done' in the 80s and has been quite committed to them ever since. Now when I shop I can hear her in my head 'But is that one of your colours?' 😂

• Haha

pommynoir

VIP Member
I love my sambas. Maybe I’m a basic bitch, I’ve the black ones and the white and I wear them to the office basically daily. I also own gazelles (all white) which I love but they are too dirty now for the office.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
You’re welcome. If I think of anymore then I’ll post them

Please let us know what you buy! Invested now 😂😂

Asos, boohoo, look fantastic and beauty bay have sales on as well as M&S & TU
Boots do a ten pound Tuesday, get some good deals on there also. Especially if you have an advantage card.
Superdrug have offers on if you have the free to join rewards card

Omg I sound like some deranged influencer 😂🙈
I don’t sleep very well so I just pass the time by online window shopping 😳😂
I actually bought myself a watch in the end. Was going to buy myself one when I got my promotion but that didn’t happen when I told them I was pregnant, so I bought it now 😊 Vinted purchase, Vivienne Westwood ❤

• Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
Anyone got any tips for getting makeup off of a puffer coat? The collar of my Superdry puffer has foundation transfer that won’t wipe off.
Hairspray gets lipstick stains out of anything
Try it on a hidden patch of fabric first though to test
---
Can anyone please recommend a good hand cream, my ocd is wild at the moment trying not to wash them as much but they are so sore and getting cracked 😖 thanks in advance
Nuxe Reve de Miel handcream, I get it from John Lewis, often in beauty offers
It really does the job, non- greasy, nourishing and it smells amazing, I've used every handcream going and I wish I'd found this one sooner
(Nod to all OCD tattlers from one to another, in all forms it takes x)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Looking for a really indulgent lip balm for my hospital bag. Any recs? Maybe something with a slight tint.
Summer Fridays lip butter balm is my absolute ride or die. I have it in 4 different shades. There’s tinted in gorgeous colours and untined if you prefer

they smell heavenly 😍

AlwaysSummer

Haa anyone used the Victoria Beckham eyeshadow pencils/crayons?
I've seen a few ads and they look just dreamy but I don't want to be taken in by advertising 😅
I've never used a product like that so I'm wondering whether it dries down well and whether it's prone to streaking etc? I like the idea of a one and done eye look, a bit bolder than a powder shadow without eyeliner but not as bold as a full on liner.
I’ve used quite a few bits from VB and they’ve all delivered- the eye pencils are soft/non-draggy and stay put. The eyeshadow pots are really good too for glam eye looks and so easy to apply. Once set, they don’t move. The cream blushers/ bronzer/ contour are similar. Have not tried the eye crayons as I’ve got other brands to use up first. The lipsticks are good colours and comfortable on the lips but need reapplying frequently.

Just hit up the Victoria Beckham counter. Tried the satin Kajal liners but I already have shades similar so went for the lid lustre in mink instead. Adore the colour.
Whatever you think about her (I personally am a fan) VBs make up is great and I rave about it here 😂 I have the Lid Lustre in mink too and it’s my go to evening eye !

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Has anyone any recommendations for a good strapless bra for a bigger chest? I'm heading out next weekend but need a strapless bra for the top I'm wearing, I'm a 34DD so need something with good support!
Reading this as father Jack is hilarious. Can’t help you I’m afraid, but thanks for the laugh.

• Haha