Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instanonsense

Apologies in advance for how off topic this probably is, but I'm sick of having uncomfortable restless nights sleeps and waking up feeling achy and sluggish because of my pillows. I feel like I buy new ones every year but soon enough they go flat and mishapen no matter how much I try to plump them.
So can anyone recommend really good, plump, cloud-like pillows?!
The Premier Inn pillows are the best pillows I’ve ever bought.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

House of Tea

VIP Member
If you are just recently wfh, have a slobby honeymoon period. Eventually you start to put on a bit of makeup, style hair etc. It’s a novelty, not having to bother but you get through it.

AmmaH

I like the Dream Coat! I find it does make my hair sleek. Look Fantastic will have good deals coming up to Black Fri...think I got it for approx €20 last year x

dee_mc

VIP Member
Ooh now I want to go get my colours done, learn how to do eye makeup properly and have someone wrench me bodily from my beloved skinny jeans 🤣

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
Dudes I have to spill this out somewhere and I’ve chosen here. Apologies.

I suffer from body dysmorphia and I’m so distracted by it lately that I don’t know how to deal with it. My hair bothers me so much- it’s naturally curly but I feel that it looks ugly in its natural state. It’s so curly though that it won’t go straight. I try having a fringe but it goes curly at the slightest hint of damp. I constantly fret that I look hideous. I keep faffing with my hair trying this and that and am convinced I look bloody awful constantly.

I don’t know how to deal with all this. It’s taken over my entire brain. I just got out a photo album to flip through and found a picture of me aged 5 with my hair all curly and I know it sounds daft but I don’t want to let that little girl down. She looks cute- why do I hate my appearance so much? (I know why- my family,but that’s a whole other story.).

Anyway. Sorry for the derail. Just needed to say it somewhere because it’s really hard to articulate this in real life.
My heart aches for you. Fair play to you for sharing that and I hope it's given you some relief. ❤

• Heart

LennonRoad

VIP Member
These are great looks but
I’d look like an extra from emmerdale 1994 in the jeans and boots look ☹ esp pic 1

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
any recommendations for good pyjamas please? Sick of primark pjs and I want some that are good quality and will last me 🙂 preferably good quality cotton, long sleeve and breathable but cozy 💓 sorry I’m so specific, I have eczema 🤣 thank you tattlers x

dee_mc

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a hand cream? Since it's gotten colder my hands have dried up like prunes!
The Body Shop hemp one is great - very soothing. It's not floral or sweet smelling like most handcreams which is a plus point for me.

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Just had my hair cut and feel like a new woman 🤣 Got a bob with a bit of texture to it. Anyone have any cruelty free texture sprays etc that they like?

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
GUYS I found these in TK maxx today!! £28 for all 3 as opposed to £67 on the amika website x

don’t sleep on tk maxx guys!!! They had tons of kerastase and olaplex too

702056A9-F68A-4321-8588-2574A522F56D.jpeg

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
So she’s still not here and hour later and they’ve got who I’m sure is a trainee to start me off. She’s asking a lot of questions to other girl of what to do and how to do it…

This is my third time at this salon. Based on what I know, they won’t offer a discount, I will have to ask. I hate confrontation as well so I know it’ll be really awkward. I know I should take my custom elsewhere after this but it’s so hard to find a good salon for my hair type! 😤
That is disgraceful. I’d start a friendly conversation with the girl to ask how long she’s been there, what her experience is etc then if it’s apparent she is a trainee or very newly qualified you have grounds to be paying student stylist rates even if the actual stylist does turn up and takes over. Be firm, stay calm and point out the inconvenience to yourself and the lack of professionalism shown and disregard for customer care. A negative review pending if all else fails.

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I’m spending my Saturday night clearing out my bedroom drawers (make up) and I’ve come across a couple of chanel les 4 ombres. I don’t want to part with them even though I’ve not used them for years (prefer cream over powder eyeshadows nowadays) do the expiration dates really mean anything on eyeshadows?! I’ve just binned a barely used Laura geller palette from about 8 years ago.
The thing that seems to go wrong with powder products is the binding agent that they use. It seems to go off after a few years and the product doesn't perform properly. I always use clean brushes so I've never been concerned with any infection risk from powder makeup.

I recently chucked out my ancient Urban Decay Naked 2 palette as I had to admit to myself that they just weren't as pigmented as they were when I bought them and the colour just sort of dispersed when blended out. I hate throwing away expensive make up, but it did remind me to use the nice things I have up since they don't last forever.

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
I’m hoping this thread will have some answers but if there’s a better one please direct me to it so I’m not clogging the thread up!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget friendly natural daily makeup routine/some affordable basic clothes? I’m not expecting anyone to list absolutely everything they use but I’m currently having a bit of an identity crisis and want to try a whole new routine/style that highlights my natural features more - if anyone has any tips or products that they could suggest I’d be so grateful, I really just want to get into a good routine and feel more put together as my current style/clothes just don’t feel like me anymore

• Heart

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Last winter I spent AGES trying to find cropped straight leg but not too wide or too narrow jeans that would sit above my chunky black Chelsea boots
Like a needle in a haystack
I’m 5’8 so this was hard
I ended up with a straight pair from marks and S but they weren’t the thing either 🤪

I’d love if someone made mom straight legged or widish legged jeans BUT had that jeggings stretch material that would be slim fitting at the waist
All these mom jeans in shops add SO much bulk to my pooch area the denim is too thick if you get me