Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AshMay

VIP Member
I think Lovall leggings + Sisters & Seekers hoodie is gonna be our uniform this winter 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I definitely will do that cos I’m really regretting now not standing my ground more at the time!!
Oh my goodness, they counted on this! You were at their mercy too, imagine what they could have done to your hair out of spite. Don’t feel bad for not escalating an uncomfortable situation of someone else’s making. Do email them though, it’s completely unreasonable to expect you to put up with that - in these times getting your hair done, travel time, time off work is a huge commitment!

~vix~83~

VIP Member
My tu boots arrived today! Not sure I can pull off the mum Jean n boots look. I don’t normally roll these up, just whilst I tried them on.
IMG_1816.jpeg

• Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
+1 to all of the above. I've been working exclusively from home since 2020 and occasionally before that. As tempting as it may be, don't work in your PJs - and I would extend that to also not work in yoga pants or anything else that you would wear normally only in a non-work setting. I get that it's comfy, but I always put on jeans. Nobody will see them, but it's my work uniform. So all in all, I get showered, dressed and do my hair and a bit of skincare and make-up the same as if I went to an office, I just don't leave the house.

Some people like it better to take a walk in the morning as a "commute" to settle in for the day. Or grab a coffee outside the house to feel a bit more connected to actual humans and not just a screen. Definitely do try to get outside at least once a day to transition between work mode and just being at home mode.
Oh, I draw the line at jeans! So uncomfortable :LOL:

I think WFH can give you the opportunity to try new makeup out, too. I'm often testing a foundation to see if it oxidises or if a colour of lipstick or eyeshadow suits me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

AmmaH

lalso really enjoyed doing my own gel nails after getting a mylee kit last year. definitely a learning curve but again makes me a lot more confident about my stubby hands and my nails are so much longer/stronger and protected. this years addition will hopefully be an electric nail file to help take the gel off!
Gave myself a rotten allergy doing this and can never get my nails done again as even allergic to salon brands now...Mylee is a brand notorious for causing the allergy x

• Sad
  • Wow

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
OT post ladies but I’m just at a hair appointment - my appointment was at 10am this morning. I got here at 10:05 cos my train was slightly delayed. There was only one girl working (and two people on the back) when I got here and not the owner of the salon who I knew was doing my hair. The one girl asks me to take a seat and like two minutes later her client comes in.

At 10:15 I ask for the whereabouts of my hairdresser. The girl is like I’ll text her now. Did your appointment get rescheduled to today? I said yes. About ten minutes later the girl tells me she’s running late and is so sorry but will be here at 10:50. So 50 minutes late.

I haven’t been offered anything to drink or anything. I’ll just be sat here for almost an hour. It’s a long appointment because I’m having tape in extensions. What would you guys do if your hairdresser was 50 mins late with no notice??
I’d reschedule and make it clear 50 mins to too long to wait. I get things happen but if you have an appointment at 10am then rocking up an hour late is really disrespectful of your time.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I point blank refuse to give Dyson any money. They’ve tried to fuck the UK economy over too many times and they spend millions on unscrupulous money grabbing influencers.

plus there’s far better and far cheaper products on the market.
I had a friend that worked for Dyson. He said that all products have in built obsolescence and product durability purposely designed to be poor. Never bought anything from them because of this.

• Heart

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Thanks everyone!! Why do they make shoes that are so painful to start with 😂 I may reconsider…. But I do fit into kids shoes @Johnson1901 so that could be the way 🎉
I would really advise against Docs now. The quality is terrible but the prices are expensive. My last pair had to be returned twice as they both started to fall apart very quickly. They are now wearing but I’m outside of the returns period. In my opinion shoes that cost this much should be able to last over 18 months.

There was a lot of press about them a few years back. Basically they sold out to a private equity firm who stripped them of their value (cut staffing and production costs) to increase profit. That’s why they’ve now got a bad reputation.

• Sad
  • Wow

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I’m gonna get these, I see people who wear these with mum,girlfriend jeans roll them up a bit, but not sure if I can pull it off!
I like the idea of wearing them with skirts/dresses black tights and leggings.
IMG_1799.png

• Heart

peachesandcreamz

VIP Member
What are your style staples that always make you feel polished and put together? Can be clothes, shoes, makeup, hair styles, anything 🙃
For me there's no nicer feeling than being freshly showered, lotioned and smelling amazing - I can take on the world in that state!

I'd say I feel the most "put together" when I'm wearing clothes that I feel flatter my figure, but with comfy shoes so I can whiz around and get things done. Being productive, in itself, gives me a real confidence boost tbh!

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Pull and Bear jeans are here!
They are very comparable to Frankie aren't they, in fact they probably have the edge on the Dotty's ones as Frankies dont have front pockets and the P&B do! Comfy, stretchy and a perfect fit. Thank you @givemethenight these are my new go to brand I think.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Too old for cargos at 28? 😱 If that’s true I should have consigned myself to the scrapheap long ago!

I have the same dilemma when it comes to ditching jeans. I just don’t know what to wear in the winter. I have got rid of my skinny jeans, but wider leg jeans just make me look wide and fat. I’m a classic pear shape: slim calves but MASSIVE upper thighs, decent waist. I’m also short. I’ve bought some wide leg trousers but still feel like I’m accentuating the fattest part of my legs and disguising the slimmer parts (well, I am!)

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
It’s sad that young women feel the need to do this. Societal pressure + vanity = a woman’s tax. All the money we waste on products for what? Bad enough me searching for the holy grail of this and that and ditching it after a few uses, but all the money on tweakments at young ages is terrifying. At what point will they stop? That retiree’s story shows it’s not just younger women who fall for the blandishments of shopping tv, Instagram advertisers (they are not influencers, they are salespeople).

• Wow
  • Heart

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
What are your style staples that always make you feel polished and put together? Can be clothes, shoes, makeup, hair styles, anything 🙃
Nails and perfume for me. Always have my nails done and always smell nice. And they’re things I find people also comment on so they don’t go unnoticed.
Also can’t beat a really good bag. I got a polene one recently and it just makes basic outfits look a little chicer.