Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

If i told you …

VIP Member
Morning.
im in my fifties and starting to get the dreaded brown spots on my face. As anyone tried the 111skin vitamin c brightening serum? Or can anyone recommend any other product. Thank you x

pommynoir

VIP Member
Ladies, Adanola hoodies! What is the trick I'm missing!
Do you mean the shrinking or something else? Mine haven’t shrank (yet) I wash at 30° and hang to dry.

On the subject of Adanola… their unitards 🤬🤬 I have had SIX in the past month from selfridges and every single one has had a hole in the seam, I think it must just be all of them / poorly made so I won’t bother exchanging again will just refund.

Annoyed because I really wanted a nice unitard and I liked theirs on when I tried on - does anyone have any recommendations?

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
I have recently found this ELF mascara for £6 and it is amazing! I ran home in the rain yesterday from work and it didn’t budge or run at all, gives length, volume and curl and is way better than Benefit ones I’ve tried in the past, and the Maybelline Sky High that’s recommended quite often on here and other threads, which I bought but didn’t rate.
What’s the name of it? I’ll definitely have to try it out!

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Want to get into double cleansing my skin, currently I use Elemis cleansing balm.

Any suggestions for a 2nd cleanse, ideally something budget friendly
I love a hot cloth cleansing cream after removing make up. The Liz Earle one is good but the Aldi vitamin c cleansing cream is almost as good and much cheaper.

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Why does my foundation always look a bit cakey on my cheeks. I try to ensure I prep properly with moisturiser and primer. I exfoliate regularly.

I've tried using a brush, a sponge and my fingers, and different products. 😞
Do you have dehydration lines? Maybe try and increase your water intake or look at a product that targets that area.

I use this product

If you visit a Clarins counter they will give you a sample to try before you shell out for the product, you’ll see if it works for you

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Want to get into double cleansing my skin, currently I use Elemis cleansing balm.

Any suggestions for a 2nd cleanse, ideally something budget friendly
Cerave hydrating cream cleanser is nice. It’s the one with the green label
I do have a few foaming facial washes from various supermarkets
I like the rose collection from boots own brand
They do a few different ones like banana or cucumber and they’re budget friendly

pommynoir

VIP Member
I like function of beauty shampoo and conditioner, which are custom mixed according to your ‘hair goals’. Not cheap, but mine last me 6 months at a time.
---

Oh wow! That’s exactly the sort of look I want for my brows, my eyebrow hairs are kind of growing in whatever direction they feel like. I was worried because most people I see with brow lamination have had the hairs pointed up towards the hairline, which is not a look that would suit me at all! This looks fab and you’ve inspired me to find someone who won’t stick my brow hairs up!
Yes I was scared I’d get sticky up eyebrows, half way through they were like that and I shat myself but once finished they were lovely. Also they’re not stuck fast.
Yes I did look quite a while to find this salon. If you’re near NW London I can link their insta.

avabella

VIP Member
Has anyone ever tried any of the online ‘Invisalign’ type companies? Just looking at one that is £1600.

Deffo get some cargos. I wear them everyday for work and I love them!! 😂 fyi, I’m nearly 42 and couldn’t give a rats ass if people think I’m too old for certain things.

In regards to what to wear as I don’t wear jeans; I tend to wear tracksuits it out and about but not all sport branded ones, I have some from boohoo, asos and primark also.

I also wear paper bag or high waisted trousers that give your waist some shape but I have ones which tend to have a fold or gathering around the pooch area of my stomach so it effectively hides it.
Linen trousers also but I wear winter tights under them on cold days
Skirts with thick tights and boots or skater/smock/tea dresses with tights
Jumper dresses or hoodie dresses with tights or leggings

I usually wear vest tops with a cardigan with my trousers and skirts or a nice cropped jumper, oh and I do have some M&S bodysuits (my fave)
But I’ve just brought some oversized checked shirts and I need to style those

Deffo can wear trainers with leggings and they go nicely

Also jazz up your outfit with a nice big scarf, hat, or nice coat plus a lovely bag to compliment your outfit

I’ve had some shaper vest tops from a company called Conturve and you don’t need a bra with them which is a bonus
Any recommendations on bags!?? You have greats suggestions here! Love the idea of no bra too 😂

allthingschocolate

Can anyone recommend a good hair mask please? my hair is so dry after having it bleached twice, it feels so brittle 🥴 hopefully it won’t last long my hair was in such good condition before having it done ☹

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Has anyone ever tried Australian Gold products? A woman at work has just recommend the instant bronzer spf spray and it looks really good but wanted to check here first!

House of Tea

VIP Member
Went yesterday. £66 for cut and blowdry. Plus I give a tenner as a tip. Outskirts London. Owner of salon. Cheap for my area. Used to go to central London and it used to be £120. The cut I get from him is better.