Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does anyone know how I find the old threads ? I can’t find the link for them that’s usually available and there’s no link to the previous thread at the start of this one that I can see ?

House of Tea

VIP Member
I would like to take the pallor off my winter skin. So I need a light gradual tan. I don’t like the drops or the Dove one. Any recommendations. I don’t want to look tanned just less like I have been dug up.

AmmaH

I've used this type for a number of years: Luxureal Reusable Makeup Remover Pads, 20 Packs Washable Bamboo Cotton Pads with Mesh Laundry Bag for All Skin Types https://amzn.eu/d/iOOWj9N

Have tried loads of others but only like tge fleece style ones...they dry super quick.

I use a zipped bag in the washing machine to wash

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Not necessarily how to "look more groomed, glamorous or polished", but I have an ear wax removal treatment booked for next week (Quite the opposite of glamorous 😂 but personal upkeep all the same!)

Has anyone had this done recently? I used to get this done at the GP (back when they would use a tiny pressure washer but I think that's now too dangerous). They've recommended oil in the ears for 2 days beforehand - do I need to warm it up? And do I need to buy a pipette to do this?? I live alone so can't get anyone to help with this very exciting task lol.
I got this and was disappointed as not much came out. The reviews looked good - esp the ones with pics.
I love anything gross zit popping etc 😜

IMG_4978.jpeg

I’m thinking of booking Spec savers for ear wax removal. Has anyone had it done?

BuffaloSoldier

Any gentle exfoliator suggestions for sensitive skin with rosacea?
I’ve tried a few but don’t want anything abrasive, I get quite dry and flaky skin on my nose and with the changing of seasons, my routine is AM cleanser REN evercalm cleansing milk, Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge be LRP spf.
Evening routine the ordinary squalane cleanser, ren evercalm cleanser milk and Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge.

my skin type is sensitive and prone to dryness, slightly oilier throughout the day but nothing major.

I just want a nice exfoliator I can use couple times a week as I don’t use anything other than the above and I’m getting worried about how my skin will react to the changing seasons.
Thank you!

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Guys what are we wearing to work these days. I work corporate but Post Covid things are more casual, plus I’m in a new job that I only need to be business casual if I’m meeting a client.

today I’m wearing a navy cashmere jumper, blue jeans and vejas but I still feel like a total slob. I don’t know what to do to feel more dressed.

also, anyone got experience keeping vejas clean? The stitching in particular is grubby, I’ve tried pink stuff and bleach but neither really helped.
I usually do a mix of casual and business, so trousers with loafers and a plain t-shirt (fitted), blouse with jeans and vans etc.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Gave myself a rotten allergy doing this and can never get my nails done again as even allergic to salon brands now...Mylee is a brand notorious for causing the allergy x
is this an application issue ie. don't let it touch the skin or more to do w the brand / products? thanks for letting me know though if there's any specific i can look up i'd appreciate it x

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I love a beret but they never fit my enormous head. It’s even worse now my hair is longer and thicker. Does anyone know of a brand of beret that is notoriously large?

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Adore Molecule

Are there any dupes or anything similar ?
I've bought a random dupe off Ali Baba ages ago, and I also have the original. it smells the same 😄 for about 10% of the actual price. I do like the flacon of the original much better and would probably re-purchase for that reason alone, but if just curious about the fragrance, just search for Iso E Super and there should be dupes coming up.

Mamacita

VIP Member
You sound like me - a winter. I have copper in my hair yet I'm still a winter.
ETA. I've been told that only true winter's can wear black and as I'm not a true one I can wear charcoal instead.
---
I don't know, I don't think I'm completely a winter. Maybe something between autumn and winter 😅 either way I know what colours suit me so probably don't need to overthink it too much. I think most people look good in black tbh

givemethenight

It took me doing my second consistent “round” and then results happened really suddenly and lasted so well! I’m currently 6 weeks with no hair removal whatsoever and it looks like a few days growth. I started 3 years ago, did the first 8 weeks and wasn’t impressed. Went back and stared another 8 weeks about 3 months later and got really drastic great results. I now do a top up course about once a year and I rarely need the full 8 weeks
Ahh ok, that’s helpful to know - thank you! I’ll try and persevere! X

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
Any recommendations for a good hair mask pls? Since I’ve started colouring it the condition has deteriorated so much and I don’t know how to fix it. It’s so dry and frizzy now!

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Annoyingly I’ve got some lovely Skinny 501s that fit well and are quite flattering without the sag at the front you sometimes get with stretch jeans, my problem with them is they just feel too thick. Also have a pair of Lucky Brand, again lovely jeans but for reasons I don’t understand are super skinny right up to my calves when they suddenly go huge down to my feet 😂.
im going to sit down tomorrow and look properly at the recommendations. I tend to buy a load of Frankie’s, wear them lots, buy a black Dylon and restore the colour, and repeat, but it occurs to me I seem to be ripping a lot of pairs now, despite having lost weight, so can only conclude they are just thin with age.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I’ve wasted more time than I’d like to admit looking into this and I just end up in a muddle. Does that book have a section for olive skin tones? I think that’s me and I think that’s why I can’t draw a firm conclusion because I don’t fit neatly into a season?
I can't see anything having a quick flick, but I remember that they are looking at your "undertone".