Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Primark lipsticks are great and are only 90p.

Rimmel lipliners

Boots 17 liquid liner is good.

As for clothes I like Asda, Sainsburys for things like basic tops and H&M.

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend me a dental scaler?
I'm not sure if they are all a load of rubbish!

Can anyone recommend me a dental scaler?
I'm not sure if they are all a load of rubbish!
I can’t comment on home descaling BUT I went to the dental hygienist last week and I’m a convert! Was worried it was going to be awful but it was fine. Only mildly unpleasant. My teeth felt brand new and were a couple of shades whiter.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t comment on home descaling BUT I went to the dental hygienist last week and I’m a convert! Was worried it was going to be awful but it was fine. Only mildly unpleasant. My teeth felt brand new and were a couple of shades whiter.
Would always recommend this to everyone! I go once or twice a year and it makes such a difference, not only are the teeth whiter, it improves overall oral health so much. Going regularly also makes it less unpleasant.

Reactions: 7
It’s honestly the best thing. I go twice a year, and it makes a massive difference!

I was on holiday in Turkey and was due a hygienist clean, so I went to a very highly rated dentist for a clean. Usually I wouldn’t go near Turkey dentists but it was only for a clean so I was like why not? Honestly, they did an incredible job. It was done by the dentist himself, and he spent about an hour on my teeth and really deep cleaned them. They were soooo white too

Was only £32 as well. I pay about £100 in the U.K.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I was so scared of going too! I’d heard horror stories that they just tell you off relentlessly, that it’s painful and you leave bleeding. This hygienist had the best bedside manner, didn’t blame me for my gum recession (I told her I was sick of dentists talking to me like I brushed my teeth with a Brillo pad or something) and put me right at ease.

She even had a go at removing some glue on one of my incisors that was left over from having braces over 25 years ago 🤣

£32 is super cheap @Scorpihoe. It cost me £60.

Reactions: 5
I’m hoping this thread will have some answers but if there’s a better one please direct me to it so I’m not clogging the thread up!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget friendly natural daily makeup routine/some affordable basic clothes? I’m not expecting anyone to list absolutely everything they use but I’m currently having a bit of an identity crisis and want to try a whole new routine/style that highlights my natural features more - if anyone has any tips or products that they could suggest I’d be so grateful, I really just want to get into a good routine and feel more put together as my current style/clothes just don’t feel like me anymore
second the elf lash and roll! it reminds me of the glossier lash slick but stays put and is like a third of the price. tried their power grip (?) primer but i go for a more natural makeup look and it didn't agree w my foundation / concealer so i'd recommend the putty one instead which i tried ages ago and liked! felt like it made my skin look better rather than just the makeup on top.

base - beautypie concealer and glossier skin tint mixed together
you could probs find a cheaper alternative but i've stuck w these two bc i'm usually too pale for standard foundations. posted a pic of what it looks like here https://tattle.life/threads/your-ti...ous-or-polished-7.40475/page-40#post-16685382
really like nyx born to glow too but seems it's been discontinued. if you can get hold of it i'd recommend.

bronzer - glossier cloud paint in dusk
contour? - nyx matte blush in taupe
highlighter - discontinued art deco balm stick
brows - catrice brow liner if needed but usually just 17 (boots) clear mascara
lips - la roche posay cicaplast balm and / or rimmel kind and free tinted balms

a general tip for liquid products incl. foundation and concealer that helps it look more natural is using it from the back of your hand rather than putting it directly on your face. like applying them with a real techniques sponge too

Reactions: 3
Morning.
im in my fifties and starting to get the dreaded brown spots on my face. As anyone tried the 111skin vitamin c brightening serum? Or can anyone recommend any other product. Thank you x

second the elf lash and roll! it reminds me of the glossier lash slick but stays put and is like a third of the price. tried their power grip (?) primer but i go for a more natural makeup look and it didn't agree w my foundation / concealer so i'd recommend the putty one instead which i tried ages ago and liked! felt like it made my skin look better rather than just the makeup on top.

base - beautypie concealer and glossier skin tint mixed together
you could probs find a cheaper alternative but i've stuck w these two bc i'm usually too pale for standard foundations. posted a pic of what it looks like here https://tattle.life/threads/your-ti...ous-or-polished-7.40475/page-40#post-16685382
really like nyx born to glow too but seems it's been discontinued. if you can get hold of it i'd recommend.

bronzer - glossier cloud paint in dusk
contour? - nyx matte blush in taupe
highlighter - discontinued art deco balm stick
brows - catrice brow liner if needed but usually just 17 (boots) clear mascara
lips - la roche posay cicaplast balm and / or rimmel kind and free tinted balms

a general tip for liquid products incl. foundation and concealer that helps it look more natural is using it from the back of your hand rather than putting it directly on your face. like applying them with a real techniques sponge too
omg thank you!! that skin combo looks incredible im definitely going to have to give it a try

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Morning.
im in my fifties and starting to get the dreaded brown spots on my face. As anyone tried the 111skin vitamin c brightening serum? Or can anyone recommend any other product. Thank you x
I had quite bad pigmentation and went to a skin clinic who suggested creams from the Obagi range. I think you have to be prescribed it and can't just buy it over the counter. Anyway, it's been amazing but it is quite expesnive.

Morning.
If you wanted to try a Vic C serum for the first time, La Roche Posay does one that gets great reviews. Not super cheap but also not as expensive as the 111skin one. They're owned by the same corporation that owns Skinceuticals who make one of the 'best' and expensive Vit C serums called C E Ferulic). So my theory is that the research going in to the expensive ranges filters down to the more affordable ranges! (I think I have seen beauty journos say this too?)

• Heart
I was so scared of going too! I’d heard horror stories that they just tell you off relentlessly, that it’s painful and you leave bleeding.
Omg got to jump on this train - I was petrified of going to the hygienist because of all the stories I'd heard (mainly from my own mother!) but it was absolutely fine, completely pain free, and like others have said my teeth are NOTICABLY whiter.

Ye've inspired me: couldn't sleep last night so I descaled my teeth using a tool I picked up in €2 shop, then cleaned up with my WaterPik. My teeth look 100% better.
Tinted my eyebrows and lashes at 3am too 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My teeth have never looked whiter for going to the hygienist. I feel very left out! They always feel cleaner for going. I had a bit of a girl crush on my old hygienist, she just seemed like she would be a really fun person to have as a friend but, without fail, she would make my eyes water sooooo badly that I would look like I was crying my eyes out. And I’d always forget this and wear lots of eye makeup. It never hurt, just properly made my eyes water like mad.
Will definitely go to the hygienist if I go on holiday in Turkey again though!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I go to the Hygenist every three months. Sad that my regular one has moved on. She had a celebrity friend and I got a lot of gossip which made the process more palatable. Last time it was someone new, and she was brutal. I am going tomorrow and if she is the same tomorrow she is getting the elbow. My teeth never look particularly whiter but they are so clean you could eat your dinner off them. And I do!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What's everyone asking for, for Christmas? I need ideas - I'm just feeling so uninspired this year and don't particularly feel like I need anything!? However I do like to have something to open in the morning! 😂

Guys this is not a drill 🤣🤣
Thanks, just bought some new black animal print leggings!
---
What's everyone asking for, for Christmas? I need ideas - I'm just feeling so uninspired this year and don't particularly feel like I need anything!? However I do like to have something to open in the morning! 😂
I’m getting a watch. I originally bought it for myself but I’ve given it to the husband to wrap for Christmas as I don’t need it yet. Bought it new with tags off Vinted and saved £150.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.