Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
So she’s still not here and hour later and they’ve got who I’m sure is a trainee to start me off. She’s asking a lot of questions to other girl of what to do and how to do it…

This is my third time at this salon. Based on what I know, they won’t offer a discount, I will have to ask. I hate confrontation as well so I know it’ll be really awkward. I know I should take my custom elsewhere after this but it’s so hard to find a good salon for my hair type! 😤
Ahhh step away from the trainee! I’d tell them you’ve paid for X service and it’s not been fulfilled so you want to reschedule. That’s not on at all.

Reactions: 15

adviseplz

VIP Member
Thanks for all the love guys but you’re going to be horrified at the outcome 😳 Thankfully all the trainee ended up doing was washing my hair and putting on a treatment.

The stylist who was late did the other girl’s hair for 15 minutes before she returned to finish mine. (But I’ve been here three times now and that’s generally how it goes. They always are swapping in and out of different clients).

So she finishes my hair and it did turn out really nice but then there’s this long silence while she’s on her phone. She doesn’t say anything for ages. So then I’m like I will have to bring it up. I say how I’m entitled to a discount as I was left waiting for an hour and before I could finish my sentence she’s like “well obviously, I was going to anyway”. She was clearly not going to bother if I didn’t say anything. In the end she was just like “there’s X left to pay” (I’d paid a deposit online when I booked). So based on what I’d already paid the discount was £20!!! £20!!!

I hesitated paying and what I really wanted to do was get her to verbally confirm that the discount was just a mere 20 quid. But when I brought up the discount earlier and she just started talking over me I knew it was going to be fucking awkward and I am way too much of an introvert to kick up a fuss. I just paid and left. I know you all told me to walk out earlier, but I’d already paid a deposit, I had wet hair and this is my only free time for an appointment, so I knew I was just going to follow through. I’m going to leave a scathing review though.
omgggg that sounds awful. the way they run their salon just seems so chaotic too. Maybe before you leave your scathing review, maybe email the manager and say you didn't feel comfortable saying it at the time (because who wants to squibble over a discount whilst someone has a pair of scissors in your hair 😅 ) but you don't think that £20 discount is representative of the inconvenience you were caused, or how bad their service was. Ask if they think that's fair, or how they run their business. Give them a chance for a bit more of a refund to you, in exchange for not leaving a review (or leave that out if you want). And then go in on the review if they're not interested in rectifying it with you.

But definitely don't go back!

❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
i’m wondering if anyone in here can offer me some advice, i’ve recently started a new job that’s full-time working from home 9-5, i’m struggling to keep myself feeling motivated to get up and get ready each morning but i really want to feel put together, just seeing if anyone might’ve been in the same boat or has any tips/tricks on how to try and keep on top of feeling put together and ready for each day, as i feel like it’s getting to a point where i’m just rolling out of bed and working in my pyjamas
Been WFH for a few years now. I've found that these things work for me:

Do not work in PJs. Get changed into something else, even if it's joggers and a t-shirt. Makes me feel more human.
Always have a nice shower and maybe do some skincare before work.
Have a nice healthy breakfast since you probably have more time now.
Try to get some exercise in- I sometimes go for a walk at lunchtime and I run on some evenings anyway.
Keep your office space tidy and seperate from the rest of the house (if possible). Crack a window open every once in a while.

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
I’ve travelled an hour here - and won’t be able to get another appointment for a few weeks - they’re always fully booked.

They charge a £20 late fee for clients after 15 mins…and after 30 your appointment is cancelled. I reckon I’m entitled to some sort of discount?
NGL I would have walked out but I'm pretty petty like that

• Haha
  • Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Would love to know how much people spend on their haircuts and how often?
oh god this is a bone of contention for me… my stylist is the best I’ve ever had, love her but oh my gosh she’s expensive. I live in south east for context- in an affluent area but it a lot because I have grey roots so can’t afford this regularly.
Root tint + t-section highlights + toner + cut & blow dry = £190 😭

• Wow

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
@doodlebug I’m sat having my own hair done, refreshing tattle for an update!! 🤣 I need to know how it went!

Are you still waiting there??
Did the trainee go Edward scissor hands on your hair??
Did you make a scene and take your business elsewhere?
Did they apologise and offer you free blowdries for a year??? (I wish 🤣)

Don’t leave me hanging 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Dudes I have to spill this out somewhere and I’ve chosen here. Apologies.

I suffer from body dysmorphia and I’m so distracted by it lately that I don’t know how to deal with it. My hair bothers me so much- it’s naturally curly but I feel that it looks ugly in its natural state. It’s so curly though that it won’t go straight. I try having a fringe but it goes curly at the slightest hint of damp. I constantly fret that I look hideous. I keep faffing with my hair trying this and that and am convinced I look bloody awful constantly.

I don’t know how to deal with all this. It’s taken over my entire brain. I just got out a photo album to flip through and found a picture of me aged 5 with my hair all curly and I know it sounds daft but I don’t want to let that little girl down. She looks cute- why do I hate my appearance so much? (I know why- my family,but that’s a whole other story.).

Anyway. Sorry for the derail. Just needed to say it somewhere because it’s really hard to articulate this in real life.
What a brave post. Body dysmorphia is so tough. I’m quite sure you’re beautiful but a random stranger on the internet saying that isn’t going to do much to help. As a straight-haired girl I am so envious of beautiful natural curls, but I get it, they’re tough to look after. I hope you can find a way to make peace with yourself. Life is tough enough without us being in a constant battle with ourselves, that’s for sure ❤❤

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Why are all tops this year short and very wide?? I’ve been hopefully ordering stuff and dejectedly returning it! I have slim lower body but a big bust and these short/wide tops make me look like a bell tent!!
Sorry moan over!

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I was going to get some cargo pants but I'm in my 50's - am I going to get rugby tackled by security? 🚨GERIATRIC KLAXON🚨

The SHAME

• Haha
  • Heart

doodlebug

VIP Member
OT post ladies but I’m just at a hair appointment - my appointment was at 10am this morning. I got here at 10:05 cos my train was slightly delayed. There was only one girl working (and two people on the back) when I got here and not the owner of the salon who I knew was doing my hair. The one girl asks me to take a seat and like two minutes later her client comes in.

At 10:15 I ask for the whereabouts of my hairdresser. The girl is like I’ll text her now. Did your appointment get rescheduled to today? I said yes. About ten minutes later the girl tells me she’s running late and is so sorry but will be here at 10:50. So 50 minutes late.

I haven’t been offered anything to drink or anything. I’ll just be sat here for almost an hour. It’s a long appointment because I’m having tape in extensions. What would you guys do if your hairdresser was 50 mins late with no notice??

• Wow
  • Sad
I would rather just go out to a panto for Xmas or a meal but my husband insists on us exchanging presents. Stuff we don’t need. We are going to the panto at the Palladium with Julian Clary - we go every year. The tickets are bloody expensive and that is enough for me. But now going to have to think what he can get me and vice versa. Pointless waste of time and money. And we are hoping to move so money we need for other stuff. As I type the more I am resolved I am not doing it.
I’m really not bothered about getting gifts anymore. I’d rather buy things I want/need for myself as and when I want/need the things than have other people buy them for me. I really don’t want random tat from more distant family members. I once tried to get people in the family to donate to a homelessness charity instead of giving me a present but they did both which was obviously so generous but it’s like…. spend more money donating to charity than me? I really really didn’t want the presents. It was honestly ok that I wasn’t going to have things to open on Christmas Day. Sure if I was a 5 year old or something, that would be really sad. It’s not sad when you’re 35 and privileged in ever way that matters.

can’t really find a thread for this so I’ll post here.
does anyone else just feel eugh when hey look at themselves. I really want to feel feminine and sexy but I wear gym stuff to work and the same on the weekends to go out walking. I just feel really manly and blocky. I would just love to be one of those women who give off a sexy or feminine vibe, I just feel like my vibe is more lad 🤣

Codiaeum

VIP Member
So she’s still not here and hour later and they’ve got who I’m sure is a trainee to start me off. She’s asking a lot of questions to other girl of what to do and how to do it…

This is my third time at this salon. Based on what I know, they won’t offer a discount, I will have to ask. I hate confrontation as well so I know it’ll be really awkward. I know I should take my custom elsewhere after this but it’s so hard to find a good salon for my hair type! 😤

I'm sure it'll be hard to ask about a discount, but being very very late and then also not even having the person you're booked with come to try and start you off sounds like a fast way to a fat discount.
And frankly, for me, it would have been the last time I'd have left any money there. Things happen, but how they're dealt with makes all the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

hytuhh

Chatty Member
I feel like we've all moved on from the Lovall Leggings however I finally made an order and they are as great as everyone said! I went for the every day high waisted in chocolate and oatmeal in a size 10, regular length and they couldn't have been a more perfect fit. Really happy and also like the paper packaging instead of plastic

• Heart

Olive91

What are your style staples that always make you feel polished and put together? Can be clothes, shoes, makeup, hair styles, anything 🙃
Personally I feel put together when I lay an outfit the night before. It doesn’t need to be necessarily fancy, but taking the time to plan really makes me use more of my wardrobe and accessories. Matching lippy etc. Makes getting ready in the morning a breeze. Plus always having a manicure makes me feel great.

• Heart

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I think it comes from a relative making comments about my hair years back.

my hair really won’t stay straight. Even after using GHDs and hairspray, it finds a way to wave. I’ve got the routine down for defining the curls, but I need to accept that this is my hair type. I did go through a phase of letting the curls loose for a few years and then moved away from it again. I don’t know why.

Just wish it all didn’t mess with my head so much.
I’m ginger naturally with curly/wavy hair, depending on how I style it and I was picked on horrendously by family members and kids at school.
Now I find people are spending so much money in hairdressers to achieve the colour I am and the hair I’ve got.

• Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
On thin hair, I'm trying The Ordinary Multi Peptide Serum for Hair Density (as recommended on this thread, thanks!)

I'm only a month into using it, so I'll be clear on whether it does anything by about xmas. Will report back.