Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look on Vinted. There’s quite a few on there at the moment.
Thankyou for this idea! I've never looked properly on there (is somewhat of a minefield!) - ordered a Blazer for £5! As well as some other toot I likely don't need! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bikini Hair... I used to use this brush on cream from Nair - but am unable to find it now, so not sure if it's been discontinued!? Any recommendations for something similar as its getting somewhat out of hand down there... 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone done lip blushing or tattooed eye liner? I'm definitely trying to be more effortlessly glossy in 2023.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone done lip blushing or tattooed eye liner? I'm definitely trying to be more effortlessly glossy in 2023.
I’ve just had lip blush- couldn’t see much difference after my main session of it (think I was too scared of it being too dark) so asked her to go a bit darker at my top up last week, still healing but like it so far!
I’m considering tattooed liner too, but struggling to find someone whose work doesn’t look too obviously tattooed, or maybe that’s how they all look.

I’ve just had lip blush- couldn’t see much difference after my main session of it (think I was too scared of it being too dark) so asked her to go a bit darker at my top up last week, still healing but like it so far!
I’m considering tattooed liner too, but struggling to find someone whose work doesn’t look too obviously tattooed, or maybe that’s how they all look.
I don't suppose you're London-based and have a recommendation do you? I was looking at Tracie Giles originally but I must admit I was put off a bit by the amount of filler lips, so more recently have been looking at Stephanie Jackson whose Instagram I like a lot as she has a lot of process pictures, talks through the process well, seems to not be as pro-filler and I like her work. I do like the work that Tracie Giles' team do with eyeliner though as they have a variety of options.

Probably need to think about a bit of botox before getting any permanent make-up though, need to stop that particular wrinkle train.

Reactions: 1
I don't suppose you're London-based and have a recommendation do you? I was looking at Tracie Giles originally but I must admit I was put off a bit by the amount of filler lips, so more recently have been looking at Stephanie Jackson whose Instagram I like a lot as she has a lot of process pictures, talks through the process well, seems to not be as pro-filler and I like her work. I do like the work that Tracie Giles' team do with eyeliner though as they have a variety of options.

Probably need to think about a bit of botox before getting any permanent make-up though, need to stop that particular wrinkle train.
I do go to somewhere in London but they’re definitely more of a filler lips kind of place as opposed to a kind of ‘classic’ SPMU place- it’s where I go for my lip/face fillers and Botox too, so probably not what you’re looking for!
As a side note, if you do get Botox, I 100% recommend using argireline and matrixyl from the ordinary after- it makes mine last twice as long as usual.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Try RGH she’s London based and was trained by Tracie Giles

Anyone have any tips on how to curl daily and easily? Preferably without it costing a fortune… although I will get an airwrap if needed 😂. I just want nice hair that is easy to do!
I use the Revlon One Step Dryer and Volumiser brush and i've been loving the results so far. I got it as I was tempted to splurge on an airwrap, but actually I think the results last longer for me with the Revlon.

It takes a few goes to get used to it, but can easily dry and curl, or have it more of a blow dried look. You need to use it on hair once it's mostly dry, and make sure you're using good heat protectant, but I love it for making it look like i've bothered to do my hair as it lasts a few days too and only takes me about 15 mins (might be longer on thicker hair though!)

Reactions: 7
I use the Revlon One Step Dryer and Volumiser brush and i've been loving the results so far. I got it as I was tempted to splurge on an airwrap, but actually I think the results last longer for me with the Revlon.

It takes a few goes to get used to it, but can easily dry and curl, or have it more of a blow dried look. You need to use it on hair once it's mostly dry, and make sure you're using good heat protectant, but I love it for making it look like i've bothered to do my hair as it lasts a few days too and only takes me about 15 mins (might be longer on thicker hair though!)
I love mine, I dry first just because I have really thick hair and then on 90% dry use it and my hair has volume and smoothness all day. Just annoyed I paid full price as they are always on offer now!

Reactions: 4
I love mine, I dry first just because I have really thick hair and then on 90% dry use it and my hair has volume and smoothness all day. Just annoyed I paid full price as they are always on offer now!
Thanks for this, I’m looking around for something similar and no way can afford a Dyson or Shark!

Reactions: 2
I have a Revlon big brush and it’s great. It is bloody loud though 😆
sooooo loud!! But i'll happily be deaf for a few mins if it saves me a few hundred pounds on an airwrap haha.

I think the airwrap is overall healthier for your hair, but they seem so difficult to use and so many people can't get their hair to hold. The revlon brush is a great alternative

sooooo loud!! But i'll happily be deaf for a few mins if it saves me a few hundred pounds on an airwrap haha.

I think the airwrap is overall healthier for your hair, but they seem so difficult to use and so many people can't get their hair to hold. The revlon brush is a great alternative
I regret my airwrap. I knew it from when I first got it and am annoyed with myself for not sending it back within the 30 days (I kept thinking it will get better). The other day I tonged my hair and it lasted ages.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I regret my airwrap. I knew it from when I first got it and am annoyed with myself for not sending it back within the 30 days (I kept thinking it will get better). The other day I tonged my hair and it lasted ages.
that's such a shame :( it seems to work so well for some, but for others doesn't work at all unless you do a billion steps which just seems to defeat the point about how 'easy' it is to use. could you sell it second hand? I always see them on my local Facebook market place selling for quite a bit!

that's such a shame :( it seems to work so well for some, but for others doesn't work at all unless you do a billion steps which just seems to defeat the point about how 'easy' it is to use. could you sell it second hand? I always see them on my local Facebook market place selling for quite a bit!
Thanks, I think I will do that!

Reactions: 1
Love this thread, addicted!

for Zara perfume, if you like cherry scents I’m hugely enjoying the cherry smoothie one, it’s great not too sickly sweet and smells kinda complex if you know what I mean!

My hands look like garbage and look 1000 years old, been smothering in moisturiser but ew any more ideas welcome.

ANDi got some bottleneck bangs cut, hairdresser dried them lovely but can I recreate?? Noooo!

for Zara perfume, if you like cherry scents I’m hugely enjoying the cherry smoothie one, it’s great not too sickly sweet and smells kinda complex if you know what I mean!

My hands look like garbage and look 1000 years old, been smothering in moisturiser but ew any more ideas welcome.

ANDi got some bottleneck bangs cut, hairdresser dried them lovely but can I recreate?? Noooo!
I have been using this at night and find it really good, it's cheap too!
Screenshot_20230223_191722_Chrome.jpg

Honestly read that as my Husband looks like Garbage... 😂

• Haha
Can anyone recommend a good high waist shape wear brief that doesn’t roll down?
M&S Cotton High Waist Knickers in a multipack, go one size larger than you need. Not so shaping BUT are comfy as helll and don't roll, even on curvaceous tums & hips. SOURCE: Five decades of life - four of them with M&S undies.
---
For hand cream, Eucerin UreaRepair every time. Even works to soften my Great Dane boy's nose. I have seborrhoeic dermatitis on my hands and it works in 2 applications to heal the skin cuts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.