Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the air wrap and I have ridiculously thick hair. By the time I’ve used the curling wands (it takes forever) my hair is BIG and the curls drop out instantly. I cba with all these tips and tricks with clips and mousse, I wanted something quick and easy.

Saying that. I love the hairdryer attachment, brushes and round brush. My hair is super frizzy and the brushes tame it with very little effort. I hardly ever use my straighteners any more.
Interesting thank you. My hair is so thick that hardly anything works on it.

Reactions: 2
Anyone have any tips on how to curl daily and easily? Preferably without it costing a fortune… although I will get an airwrap if needed 😂. I just want nice hair that is easy to do!
I do overnight curls and they look so much better than heat curls.

Dry your hair normally and then wrap it around a hair band like a Grecian goddess - I’ve found this to be the best way as you’re not going to bed with wet hair. Take it off when your first alarm goes off to let it relax a bit before you get up.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone have any tips on how to curl daily and easily? Preferably without it costing a fortune… although I will get an airwrap if needed 😂. I just want nice hair that is easy to do!
Agree with the heatless curls comments. My hair is very hard to blow dry. I air dry my hair to about 90%, then use the cheapo Revlon one step brush to smooth and put this in:

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/kitsch-satin-heatless-curling-set-sunset-tie-dye/13502049.html

I add a curl hold cream and it lasts for a few days if I sleep with a bun/put it back in. You can control how tight the curl is by the thickness of the sections you wrap around. So easy and great results.

Reactions: 5
Best tips to get rid of the cracks at the side of your mouth?! Had it for a few weeks now and it's getting me down, not forgetting how uncomfortable and painful it is to eat. Had it before when I get run down 😭 TIA

Best tips to get rid of the cracks at the side of your mouth?! Had it for a few weeks now and it's getting me down, not forgetting how uncomfortable and painful it is to eat. Had it before when I get run down 😭 TIA
Blistex (the medicated one in the white tube) always works for me- I’d tried everything before a pharmacist recommended it to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I do overnight curls and they look so much better than heat curls.

Dry your hair normally and then wrap it around a hair band like a Grecian goddess - I’ve found this to be the best way as you’re not going to bed with wet hair. Take it off when your first alarm goes off to let it relax a bit before you get up.
I’ll take a look at that thank you!
---
Agree with the heatless curls comments. My hair is very hard to blow dry. I air dry my hair to about 90%, then use the cheapo Revlon one step brush to smooth and put this in:

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/kitsch-satin-heatless-curling-set-sunset-tie-dye/13502049.html

I add a curl hold cream and it lasts for a few days if I sleep with a bun/put it back in. You can control how tight the curl is by the thickness of the sections you wrap around. So easy and great results.
Yes my hair takes a long time to blow dry. I’ve had to resort to using the highest speed, but lowest heat to get it dry without it going frizzy!

I’ll have a look thank you!

This can be a sign of vitamin b deficiency. Try taking a Vitamin B Complex tablet. They are very cheap and easy to find. This is a basic version, under 2 pounds for a three month supply. Will also help with being run down.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's called angular cheilitis and during the pandemic it was rife amongst NHS workers, I swear I thought it was permanent!! Are you wearing a mask or using anything like a mouth guard etc that might be causing it?

It can be fungal, in which case the Daktarin oral gel will get rid, it can be a B2 deficiency as has already been mentioned so a good multivitamin/B complex can help and it can be due to poor immunity which you've mentioned so just make sure you're eating ok and getting enough rest, maybe take some zinc and boost your vitamin D levels with an oral spray, it's usually those two that get overlooked when people buy a supplement but they're really important!

Reactions: 6
Had it for weeks and tried loads of stuff, eventually put a bit of hydrocortisone cream on it and was gone in 3 days. It is a vit b deficiency so need to work on that after you clear it 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1

semi-unrelated but also love the Kitsch satin pillowcases 😍 a podcast I listen to has 30% off on the Kitsch website at the moment - use OUTFIT30 at checkout 👍🏻
---
It's called angular cheilitis and during the pandemic it was rife amongst NHS workers, I swear I thought it was permanent!! Are you wearing a mask or using anything like a mouth guard etc that might be causing it?

It can be fungal, in which case the Daktarin oral gel will get rid, it can be a B2 deficiency as has already been mentioned so a good multivitamin/B complex can help and it can be due to poor immunity which you've mentioned so just make sure you're eating ok and getting enough rest, maybe take some zinc and boost your vitamin D levels with an oral spray, it's usually those two that get overlooked when people buy a supplement but they're really important!
The Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream caused this on me. Never had issues before. Just to mention in case you’re using it too!! I heard so many good things about it and was gutted 😢

Reactions: 3
This will sound a bit mad but I changed my toothpaste and mine cleared up

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I used to suffer with this on and off for quite a few years. There is an ingredient in toothpaste (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) that can cause skin irritation and cracks. I swapped out my toothpaste and I also used the medicated blistex tube and it cleared up quite quickly. I’d then go back to normal toothpaste and it would happen again!

Reactions: 6
I am wanting an oversized Blazer - I don't want Black... was thinking a more neutral colour - Cream/Taupe/Greige - any recommendations on where is best to purchase?

I am wanting an oversized Blazer - I don't want Black... was thinking a more neutral colour - Cream/Taupe/Greige - any recommendations on where is best to purchase?
I bought a greige one from H&M last year - there’s loads in there and Zara

Have a look on Vinted. There’s quite a few on there at the moment.

I got a lush one from Zara last year (cream). Think it was £50

I would try mango or Zara, you cannot go wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.