Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask … is there anyone here who does hair and makeup every day? I wish I could be like that and really admire people that do as you feel so much better for it when you’ve made the effort ! Can anyone share their routine ? I love hearing about people’s beauty /morning routines
I do, it allows me time to wake up properly and work out what to wear 😆
- cleanse face
- Moisturise
- Feed the cats to slow moisturiser time to sink in
- Put on minimal make up, which usually comprises of a little foundation on my rosacea, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, mascara and lipstick. Maybe a little bronzer if im in the office
- Take hair out of curling hairband if I haven’t already and tame into some kind of ‘do, usually throwing the side back into a clip
- Curl eyelashes and pop on lipstick

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Could I please have some recommendations for tinted moisturiser or something along those lines, I'm planning to completely ditch the foundation this summer.

I am just off for my first ever botox - nervous!! 🤣. Just having my crows feet done for now then will progress to brow and frown lines eventually.
I've also booked a lash lift and tint for March.

2023 the year I prioritise myself 🤣
I really like the L’Oréal tinted water cream and the tinted serum.
As for a routine, it’s short and sweet, I’m not a morning person 😂
Cleanse
Mist
SPF
Cup of tea while that soaks in
Matte setting spray as primer
Do my brows while that drys, then tinted moisturiser, curl my lashes/mascara and blush. I’ve got it down to ten minutes now 😂

Reactions: 6
I love the corsx one, shame it doesn’t work well for you. Could it be that the ones you’re using are a thicker consistency your skin type? I love the corsx because its thick and hydrating for my dry skin.

Maybe try something with a more ‘watery’ consistency like la roche posay anthelios?
Yes, I think it is the consistency that is too thick for my skin, it doesn’t really sink in and just stays on top attracting dirt. I’ll check out the LRP one, thank you!

Reactions: 3
Yes, I think it is the consistency that is too thick for my skin, it doesn’t really sink in and just stays on top attracting dirt. I’ll check out the LRP one, thank you!
I’ve been using the LRP one for years now it’s amazing! My make up goes over it so nicely too

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey, I’m loving this thread! Does anyone have recommendations for SPF suitable for brown skin? All sunscreens seem to leave a white cast or make me go grey, and it makes me feel the need to wear makeup to cover it, I cba! Thank you in advance 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do, it allows me time to wake up properly and work out what to wear 😆
- cleanse face
- Moisturise
- Feed the cats to slow moisturiser time to sink in
- Put on minimal make up, which usually comprises of a little foundation on my rosacea, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, mascara and lipstick. Maybe a little bronzer if im in the office
- Take hair out of curling hairband if I haven’t already and tame into some kind of ‘do, usually throwing the side back into a clip
- Curl eyelashes and pop on lipstick
This is me even down to the cat 😆

I do this most days too, I just use lipliner instead of lipstick. People think it seems a lot of effort but it's really not, I actually find it relaxing having those few mins to myself in the morning. It's a nice ritual to start the day and feel ready to face whatever fresh hell is heading my way 😉. Also means I look less like a gremlin which is better for everyone involved!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For everyone using UKLash, how long did it take before you noticed a difference? Bought it on your lovely ladies' recommendation and on my third week now, think it's doing something but nothing dramatic yet!

For everyone using UKLash, how long did it take before you noticed a difference? Bought it on your lovely ladies' recommendation and on my third week now, think it's doing something but nothing dramatic yet!
I posted before that I wasn't seeing much difference. Now it's been a couple months I do see a bit of difference but it's definitely not dramatic. I don't think I will be repurchasing.

Others had good results though so good luck! I think most said 2 weeks to a month to see a difference

Reactions: 1
I noticed thickness in my lashes within a few weeks. I've been using for about 3 months now and have noticed they seem to have had a growth spurt in the last 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: 2
Worked really well on mine, I’m a few months in and they look great. However, there is a difference in the two eyes because I put it on my right eye first every time. Change that routine up.

Reactions: 4
I only noticed a slight difference nothing that anyone else would comment on 😞

I am here for the morning routines, I love reading them too @clare999 ! Mine is:
- Open windows
- Make bed
- Shower while Nespresso machine wakes up
- Body moisturiser
- Coffee
- Snail mucin
- Moisturiser
- SPF
- Do hair while that soaks in
- Brush teeth and mouthwash
- Get dressed
- Pack bag
- Do makeup
- Perfume
- Leave!
- Buy coffee before walking into office

This thread has also helped me so much in learning to wash my hair before bed rather than attempt it in the morning 😅 sounds so obvious but I needed to be told!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A few weeks then I saw a massive difference. There’s a single lash that has grown so long it’s now curling downwards and sticks out 🙈😂

Hello new to this lovely thread👋🏽 apologies if these have been been mentioned before!

does anyone use Revitalash? I’ve used it for about 3 years now and it’s amazing! I wait until Black Friday deals to buy it but interested if the alternatives are better 👀. definitely going to do my left eye first tonight👌🏾

also regarding hair - highly recommend a silk hair wrap to wear to bed, makes an unbelievable difference to the look and feel of your hair, especially if it’s frizzy and curly. It’s a passion killer but worth it😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone recommend a good nail polish? I’m trying to take a break from shellac and any I’ve got are crap just no shine and chip easily
I’ve tried a lot as I mostly wear regular polish and not gel/shellac, and I can say OPI and Essie are the best. There is also Essence, it is a little cheaper and easier to find as you can buy it while doing a food shop in a big supermarket. Most luxury brands like Chanel, Dior, YSL do very regular, run-of-the-mill polishes that aren’t any better than more affordable ones and are not worth their money unless we are talking unique or rare colours.
Can I ask … is there anyone here who does hair and makeup every day? I wish I could be like that and really admire people that do as you feel so much better for it when you’ve made the effort ! Can anyone share their routine ? I love hearing about people’s beauty /morning routines
I do, I went to a posh school where makeup was like a uniform so I had to learn how to do it…It's just a habit now. My routine looks like this:

Before bed
— wash and style hair every evening/every other evening depending on the season and how my hair is looking
— do nails every 5-6 days
— apply fake tan on my body every 5-6 days and on my face every 2-3 days
— choose an outfit for the next day, iron if necessary
— pack my bag

In the morning
— cleanser, moisturiser and SPF first thing in the morning, I use La Roche-Posay
— have breakfast while everything sinks in
— brush and floss teeth
— do make up (concealer, powder, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner or eye pencil (I’m blonde so Iuse a tiny bit of brown eye pencil as everything else looks too bright for daytime on me — if I’m in a hurry, I skip the eye makeup part), highlighter and blush; I don’t use lipstick much as my lips are naturally red)
— comb and fix my hair if it looks off — mine is very smooth and soft so I don’t even need to brush it too often
— get dressed and apply perfume
Does anyone else here pick hangnails something terrible? I seem to do it all the time and it’s so not polished or groomed 😳
My hangnails are a state, it’s the only bad habit I have but I have it big time. I’ve found that doing my nails or getting them done helps a little as I don’t want to ruin a fresh manicure...only works for fresh manicures though! 🤣
Looking for a non smelling fake tan, does anyone have a go to?
I don’t think a non-smelling fake tan is a thing as the “fake tan smell” occurs when DHA, the coloring agent in the tanner, combines with amino acids in your skin, but some fake tans smell less than others and some have additional perfume while others don’t. My favourite used to be the Dove Visible Glow tanner as it’s cheap, easy to apply and fragrance-free, but I haven’t been able to find it where I live for quite a bit.
Hey, I’m loving this thread! Does anyone have recommendations for SPF suitable for brown skin? All sunscreens seem to leave a white cast or make me go grey, and it makes me feel the need to wear makeup to cover it, I cba! Thank you in advance 💕
I might not be the right person to answer this as I’m as pale as snow, but I have been using La Roche-Posay Anthelios for years and it leaves no cast once it has sunk, you can’t see it at all after a few minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m white but have a huge problem with the white cast most of the sensitive ones give you. I used to have to use so much foundation after to cover it up and it felt so caked on. The Superdrug one I’m using now doesn’t have a white cast. It’s from their B range

I don’t know if this will help but Ultrasun sport is clear.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.