Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all 👋🏼 just come across this thread and will probably be a regular now 🤣 (beauty obsessed)

Any recommendations for good quality leggings that are petite? Fed up of them bunching at the bottom 😅
In response to this… if you’re able to splurge I’d highly recommend investing in some Sweaty Betty leggings. I have so many pairs and they’re fantastic. Power are my favourite, really sculpting and flattering for your body (if that’s what you want). Go for the 7/8 length and check for a discount code! You can usually grab a 20% off. Try POWER20 see if that’s active at the moment x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just bought this (£42) as I had points to spend
and needed some hair gummies. They have others but this is the best value:
View attachment 1960832
I’ve just bought the small size of that Fable and Mane hair oil. I’ve only used it once but first impression is that it’s much easier to wash out than the bottle of Argan oil I’ve had languishing in the back of the cupboard for years.

I’ve suddenly got really dry eyelids (upper and lower). Like flaking skin, really sore and tight, and they’ve puffed up from the irritation so they’ve got folds like a bulldog’s face! I’ve not changed anything in my routine, I’ve just added the Dr Jart eye cream after it started, which has helped a bit. I look like someone in a zombie film who’s been bitten but hasn’t fully turned yet! It literally came on all of a sudden while I was sat at work (and there’s nothing there that could have triggered it). Any advice?

Reactions: 3
Hey all 👋🏼 just come across this thread and will probably be a regular now 🤣 (beauty obsessed)

In response to this… if you’re able to splurge I’d highly recommend investing in some Sweaty Betty leggings. I have so many pairs and they’re fantastic. Power are my favourite, really sculpting and flattering for your body (if that’s what you want). Go for the 7/8 length and check for a discount code! You can usually grab a 20% off. Try POWER20 see if that’s active at the moment x
I second this, I have lots and have never paid full price. They wash like a dream too. I have three thermal pairs too which are lush.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just bought the small size of that Fable and Mane hair oil. I’ve only used it once but first impression is that it’s much easier to wash out than the bottle of Argan oil I’ve had languishing in the back of the cupboard for years.

I’ve suddenly got really dry eyelids (upper and lower). Like flaking skin, really sore and tight, and they’ve puffed up from the irritation so they’ve got folds like a bulldog’s face! I’ve not changed anything in my routine, I’ve just added the Dr Jart eye cream after it started, which has helped a bit. I look like someone in a zombie film who’s been bitten but hasn’t fully turned yet! It literally came on all of a sudden while I was sat at work (and there’s nothing there that could have triggered it). Any advice?
Maybe you need an antihistamine, could be someone in work wearing a new perfume or something like that? Relaxing with tea bags on your eyes is good for calming down the irritation too, there is something in the tea bag that draws out irritants apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m updating my wardrobe a little and have bought a couple of neutral wide legged trousers from Zara….only I have rather short legs! Has anyone used a tailor to take them up, and approximately how much should I be paying?

Reactions: 1

Try the Cerave eye cream. I had a reaction to lash extension glue and had really sore flaky skin around my eyes and that sorted me out

Might be worth chatting to a pharmacist and seeing if they have any suggestions? I think something simple and gentle like the Cerave eye cream @Busybee reccomended would be the way to go though. I hope it gets better soon, dry eyelids are so irritating :(

New to these threads so sorry if this has been asked,

does anyone have any tips on how to tame coarse hair that is also ringlet-y? I just wash with shampoo and conditioner atm and I don't use any heat. I'm sick of my hair looking like a birds nest. I thought about leave in conditioner but I wouldn't know where to start.

Canne sleep so just purchased everything from my open tabs…. The next 3-5 days will be interesting. Il report back on any bangers. Repurchased Glossier You perfume too - I love the smell of it for a spring scent.

This is a bit bizarre but I’m the sort of person who seldom gets compliments on scent. Recently I tried a designer dupes site and bought their Tobacco Vanilla perfume on a whim. All my favourite scents have a vanilla note in them and I like the Tom Ford version but it was too expensive.
Well, I got so many compliments since wearing it with many people identifying it as Tom Ford!
I’ve also got their version of La vie est Belle.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is a bit bizarre but I’m the sort of person who seldom gets compliments on scent. Recently I tried a designer dupes site and bought their Tobacco Vanilla perfume on a whim. All my favourite scents have a vanilla note in them and I like the Tom Ford version but it was too expensive.
Well, I got so many compliments since wearing it with many people identifying it as Tom Ford!
I’ve also got their version of La vie est Belle.
Which site did you use? I’ve bought small samples from Copycat Fragrances which were OK

I’m updating my wardrobe a little and have bought a couple of neutral wide legged trousers from Zara….only I have rather short legs! Has anyone used a tailor to take them up, and approximately how much should I be paying?
I pay £6.50 to have my trousers shortened.

• Heart
Anyone have any tips on how to curl daily and easily? Preferably without it costing a fortune… although I will get an airwrap if needed 😂. I just want nice hair that is easy to do!

Anyone have any tips on how to curl daily and easily? Preferably without it costing a fortune… although I will get an airwrap if needed 😂. I just want nice hair that is easy to do!
I use a wand but overnight curls are a big thing! Never tried myself but some have excellent results. Have a look on TikTok 😊

I use a wand but overnight curls are a big thing! Never tried myself but some have excellent results. Have a look on TikTok 😊
I’ll take a look thank you! My hair is so thick I look like meat loaf half the time and I just want it to look nice and styled! I do have it thinned, but it’s still so bushy!

• Haha
Don’t do the airwrap. It’s a long process to get it to work and that’s IF it does work. I wish I never bothered with mine. Curls don’t hold and it’s now just a v expensive hairdryer. If you’re going to get one get it off QVC or similar so you can return if it doesn’t work for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t do the airwrap. It’s a long process to get it to work and that’s IF it does work. I wish I never bothered with mine. Curls don’t hold and it’s now just a v expensive hairdryer. If you’re going to get one get it off QVC or similar so you can return if it doesn’t work for you x
That’s what I was worried about. I didn’t want to pay all that money and it not work for me!

I have the air wrap and I have ridiculously thick hair. By the time I’ve used the curling wands (it takes forever) my hair is BIG and the curls drop out instantly. I cba with all these tips and tricks with clips and mousse, I wanted something quick and easy.

Saying that. I love the hairdryer attachment, brushes and round brush. My hair is super frizzy and the brushes tame it with very little effort. I hardly ever use my straighteners any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.