Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I’ve had laser as well - it’s true, I’ve not had a single ingrown since. I didn’t even realise until I read on here!

Reactions: 5

If i told you …

VIP Member
Hello!
Does anyone have good recommendations for a under clothes slip sort of thing?
I’m currently a 10 but find my lower tummy pouch makes an unflattering side profile when in pencil skirts and such. I just need something to smooth it all out!
I wear this under dresses, skirts and even with trousers. it’s brilliant. When I do every time my husband says “have you lost weight?” It has an opening in the under carriage so you can go for a wee easy if you are not wearing knickers. If you know what I mean

Attachments

• Heart

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Hello!

Does anyone have an eyelash curler recommendation? Mine broke today. I’ve only ever spent a few quid on them but don’t mind spending a bit more. Thank youu!
They are all much the same regardless of price, so I wouldn’t spend any major money on one! The key is to warm it slightly with the hairdryer and then it will get an amazing curl

• Heart
  • Wow

ack13

Mine are:

1. skin+me prescription - mine currently has azaelic acid, niacinamide and tretinoin in it and it’s working well.
2. LRP cicaplast Baumé for hydration - love it!
3. Korean skin towels to exfoliate in the shower, gentle enough to go over my psoriasis and seeing all the dry skin rub off is disgusting yet amazing!
4. Laneige sleep lip mask - wake up to lovely soft lips.
5. Saxenda prescription for weight loss - tried it earlier in the year but stupidly didn’t use it correctly so have started again, day 2 was today and so far really enjoying not constantly thinking about food/not feeling hungry all the time.

LittleLizzy1985

Has anyone got any good recommendations for black leggings?
not adanola I don’t like the new shiny material
Thank you!
Sorry, late reply to this as I'm very behind on this thread but I've recently bought a couple of pairs of control ponte leggings from asda - amazing! They're thicker than leggings so they're warmer and they aren't see through but they feel like they hold you in too. I'm only 5'2 so I can have them quite high and they have a thick waistband. I can't recommend them enough!

JSquared

VIP Member
Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊
What about jeggings? They are really comfy and allow you to move pretty freely. I usually pair with a vest and cardigan, and maybe something like converse I’ve recently
Got some jeggings from New Look, fairly priced, wash well and have kept their shape/colour

• Heart

dinosaursideways

I got really excited by everyone raving about UK Lash I added it to my to buy list but....I also remember buying an eyelash serum in the early 2000s, and then there were those stories about the serum turning people's blue eyes brown. It was amazing, but I stopped using it way back then because I panicked.

So I decided to double check UK Lash ingredients list and google the eye colour thing I remembered....the side effect was to do with prostaglandin analogues, and it does look like UK Lash contains a synthetic prostaglandin analogue, Isopropyl Cloprostenate. I can't see anything in their FAQs about that so I was thinking of contacting them directly to ask if they give any specific disclaimers related to potential side effects and if they can confirm whether the concentration used is lower to avoid risk of side effects.

If anyone is curious here are some articles about prostaglandin analogues, but there are loads if you google:
https://health.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-02/sccs_o_258.pdf (this is a 2022 European Union Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety report on the safety of prostaglandins and synthetic prostaglandin analgoues used in cosmetic products)

Has anyone noticed any side effects? Has anyone been using it longer term (for longer than X months, say?)

• Wow

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Hi ladies!! I got given a £150 beauty bay voucher as a wedding present, and I have no clue what to spend it on! I’m more of a look fantastic/Space NK girl but obviously I’m really grateful for the voucher, I’ve just never shopped on beauty bay…I’ve had a quick look and they don’t do a lot of my favourite brands, but I wanted to ask what everyone’s favourite items on beauty bay are or what they would spend it on? ♥ thank you xx
I’ve bought a few things from there not loads. I love Anastasia Beverley Hills - the palettes and the dipbrow gel. I also like the glittery body spray/oil. There isn’t much that I’ve bought that I’ve not liked or used! Plus she’s such a lovely person IRL 🥰

Their own brand of brushes are really good, but I think they mainly do them in kits. A lot of people leave reviews so check those out.

I personally think you can’t go wrong with Tweezerman products: tweezers & nail cutters.

They stock The Ordinary (which I know can be overwhelming and feel as though you need to be a dermatologist!) but you could visit a counter and get some suggestions.

If you can maybe look at what you already have or are low on and start from there?

💄💋

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I’ve fallen in love with the Sezane Livia jumper but I can’t spend over £100 on it. I really need to find a dupe 😄

Pinkfoxxie

Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊
Asda and sainsburys do really good pointe leggings (comfy as legging but thicker and more like trousers) can be worn with shirts/blouses/tshirts/) and with trainers/converse or loafers, they always makes feel a bit more “put together”. 😘

mindlessness

VIP Member
Just throwing my advice in as well. Remember to lip scrub and moisturise your lips! I’ve yet to find a nice non sticky lip balm so I’ve been using Vaseline but read that’s not very good for it. I love the lush lip scrubs.
I think vaseline might be fine? Lots of derms I see seem to reccommend it as a good occlusive layer for the face too. I hope its fine cause it's a reliable lip product!

dee_mc

VIP Member
Yeah I look like shite having had a few bugs since early December. My skin is looking dull and congested and I'm having a bit of hormonal acne too 🙄
Picked up a vitamin C mask today thanks to this thread, and a hyaluronic and aloe serum. Hopefully they'll make a difference for me.

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
That's a ridiculous thing for the GP to say. Your milk doesn't even start to come in until after baby is born and you get all those lovey-dovey-bonding hormones. Babies are actually physiologically designed to 'go hungry' for the first few days of life, whilst they get a grasp on feeding and the mother has a chance to produce something to sustain them with.

Small boobs during/after pregnancy does NOT make you 'disfigured'. My mother, who exclusively breastfed 2 children, only went from an A Cup to a B Cup during that time. The actual milk ducts are very small and their effectiveness is not related to the amount of fat you are carrying alongside them.

I'm sorry you were shamed like that, and please don't feel that you are in any way inferior for having to bottle feed or supplement your baby. The most important thing is that baby is fed and growing, and that mum is healthy and able to recover from birth to look after them. Breast v Bottle is not a measure of how good a parent anyone is.

Sorry, rant over!
I wonder if the GP was saying OP would possibly be eligible for free breast augmentation surgery through NHS as it wasn't simply a cosmetic case, in her opinion?
I'm not standing up for the GP by the way, just suggesting this might have been what she was getting at. Obviously she phrased it totally insensitivity.

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Does anyone else get bad ingrown hairs no matter what you do to try avoid them? Had a real painful one the other day I squeezed it and it exploded and the hair came out in the explosion. My legs are scarred from them, look like I'm a former junkie or something big pink round scars all up em.
Yeah I do, under my arms and in-between my legs. It's awful, painful and embarrassing

• Sad

aidil

VIP Member
I’ve been using the Paw Paw overnight mask on my lips and it’s been a lifesaver in this awful weather! Keeps my lips nice and soft! 💕

Treated myself to some new skincare products yesterday including some The Inkey List things. Anyone used their products before? I got the oat cleansing balm and the madecassoside mask for stressed skin. I’ve been forcing myself to have a proper skincare routine before bed and I’m really starting to see a difference after a month! 😁

cattkitty

Any tips to make blonde hair cooler in tone? I’m a fake blonde, my hair is naturally reddish brown so I guess it has a lot of red pigment in it. I’ve been using a purple toning mask but it doesn’t do much.
I bleach my hair from light brown to a yellow blonde… then I add a toner to get the desired colour. If you like champagne blonde, use the bleach london Champagne toner

However, the wella T18/ T14 are good for a more white ash blonde colour

hope this helps!
---

I don't do my nails in salon, unfortunately I know few girls who got some kind of infections 😱

Instead I bought on Amazon UV lamp, and set of UV nail polish, with base and top coat.
I keep my nails short and I apply this UV nail polish like any normal nail polish.
It last me solid 2 weeks (bright colours) or 3 weeks (nude).
Usually I buy a set of few colours from company Elite99, they are inexpensive and easy to use.
One set last me around 1.5 years.
I do this too and my nails are now naturally long + strong - for the first time in my life!

I use the Mylee gel range. It’s a bit more pricey than some brands on Amazon but I find the colours are a lot more vibrant. You can pick it up in boots too!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Realitybites

VIP Member
Be prepared for a week of grossness though 😅 at one point, I had strips of dead skin peeling off during the night and found them in the bed in the morning :sick:

Oh and get a really rich foot butter, that helps with getting rid of the exfoliated skin too.
Yep don’t plan anything where your feet will be on show. Did this and forgot I had a hen do which included a spa trip 😅

• Haha