Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I’ve absolutely devoured these threads over the past couple of weeks! I’ve been influenced by you lot into buying uk lash and dove gradual tan so fingers crossed they work for me too!

I’m really struggling with what to wear at the minute - I used to really pride myself on my fashion sense and what I wore but after two kids, a full time job and an almost full time side hustle I’m ~frazzled~ and I look it. I don’t like any of my usual shops (asos, H&M and the likes) and haven’t for a good while as everything is too young looking and I just don’t know where to look now. Also trying to reduce the amount of cheap rubbish clothes in my wardrobe and shop more mindfully/sustainably, if anyone has any ideas? Don’t have a big budget. I’m 32, 5’2 and usually a size 10 for reference. I’m not too big a fan of the leggings/oversized sweatshirt/pulled up socks/new balance trainer vibes a lot of the insta mums are going for now.
I’m still a big fan of Next and bought some lovely wide leg high waisted trousers from them recently.
I’ve bought more clothes from Vinted in the past year than anywhere else - it’s so worth having a browse. You can filter by new with tags etc too.
Sainsbury do some great stretchy Jean type trousers in all sorts of colours. They also have some nice floaty tops In at the no.
Also, I find a nice blazer smartens up clothes really easily too.

Reactions: 5

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I'm glad shes happy. Im on the slim side my top half has next to no fat so I do think I'll need tissue expander as there's nothing to put an implant under/over. I want mine to look big, no point paying £1000s to have average size boobs lol.
It's genuinely quite difficult to predict what size you'll end up as, surgeons try to avoid cup sizes because how the implants settle will be different for everyone. You'd be better off looking at the actual ml sizes of the implants on some of the forums, loads of before and after photos there.
One of the tricks I learned from there is to get a bra/sports bra in the size you think you want and measure out rice into the weight of the implant size, bag it up into the cups, wear it for a bit and see how it feels.

If you've got very little breast tissue are you going to go under muscle? A friend of mine had hers under the muscle and she doesn't have to wear a bra, she ended up an E cup but they look great.

For recovery/after op I really recommend Molke and Enell bras, mad comfy and the Enell ones are like boob corsets, they're the best sports bras out there in my opinion and very good post op because they just don't move.

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?

Weleda skin food is a life saver for my skin in the colder months.

The trick is to rub it into your fingers first to warm it up so you can apply it easier, otherwise it can feel really thick.

Its Great base for make up as well 😉

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Ordered some vitamin D drops today, should be here tomorrow! I really hope they will help, I sleep well for seven hours and still feel awful in the morning...

If you have an exfoliating towel and enjoy going to a sauna, do try to use them afterwards. It's quite shocking what comes off, even more than after just soaking in the shower for a while, but my skin is never softer than after that. Just soak the towel for a few minutes first.

• Heart

D2them

Does anyone follow the curly girl method? After years of blow drying straight, I’m thinking of embarking on it and would love some tips!
Hey, I kind of do it. My hair is naturally curly and I'd been straightening it a lot over my 20s, 30s and early 40s. Lockdown was a blessing tbh. I stopped blow drying my hair every day and started using curly girl friendly products. My hair has never been better and I love my curls again! I don't follow CGM to the letter but it helped me find what works for me and my hair. My favourite products are by Cantu and As I Am.

• Heart

tomato_paste

Can we talk feet please 🤢 sorry. I’m constantly moisturising and pumicing mine but they never look very nice. Any tips?

Also has anyone used a Philips lumea? I’m thinking of getting one.
I use those pouches that contain a chemical exfoliant. I buy the men's one as it's cheaper and stronger. Works great to exfoliate the soles!

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
My Liberty beauty box is due for delivery today. Can’t wait!!

I’m looking for some long wide legged black suit trousers - any ideas?
Not Reiss - I got some trousers from there in desperation and they feel so cheap, crease like mad and pick up every dust particle in a five mile radius. I’m so disappointed. They were so expensive and I ordered them online and was desperate so I kept them but I wish I’d just returned them.

• Wow

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅
There are so many old wives tales out there.
For me, I eat garlic and olive oil every day. I’m
Greek. I was ill for the first time in five years just before Christmas, so I’d call that a win. I also still use antiseptic spray on my hands if I’m out, it’s one habit I’ve kept from the pandemic. I truly think it helps.

candyland_

VIP Member
Is a lift lash and tint worth it? Was looking to book for January. This year my plan is to treat myself for a change. Also on the plan is a tiny but of botox around the crows feet
The girl that tints my lashes and brows constantly tries to get me to book a lash lift so I’m having it done on the 12th. She raves about it.

Here was me trying to cut down on the spending in 2023 but everyone saying UKlash is so good has made me change my mind ... Oh well, it's still 2022 for a few more hours!!
I’m trying to cut down spending too but I’ve got hair, nails, brows, lashes and top up lip fillers booked in for Jan 😅

It’s the year of pampering.

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
Please can I have excellent conditioner recommendations?

Not a mask ideally

I like L'Oréal rapid revive but ready for a change, I have dry, bleached hair

Also prefer to purchase from amazon
I swear by Aussie three minute treatment on my highlighted hair.

ack13

I just bought a metal cuticle pusher and trimmer set which was so much easier to use than an orange stick but the trimmer is so sharp I’ve got plasters on 4 of my fingers 😂

• Haha

SC_love

Chatty Member
1. cosrx snail mucin power essence
2. Paula's choice bha
3. Niacinamide - I use the balance one from Amazon/home bargains.
4. Revlon colourstay precision gel eyeliner in beige - really opens my eyes and lasts all day
5. Maybelline colossal curl mascara
May be a silly question but would you put the beige gel liner on your upper or lower lid? And would it work on fair skin?

I’ve finally gotten through all these threads and am feeling excited about all of the tips and also like I’m about to be very poor 🤣

Realitybites

VIP Member
Hi - looking for some tips and recommendations for my young daughters hair please 🙏 She has thick, long hair with curls, (it’s beautiful and I’m jealous) but I’m finding it really hard to manage as she is getting older.

Need a quick updo for school (we leave the house at 6:30am!) but also don’t want to load down with loads of products as (and I get this may sound a bit weird to some) but I don’t want to put a load of chemicals on her skin, hair and body at such a young age. So I guess I’m looking for some tips on how to look after her hair, how to keep her beautiful curls without brushing them out and any good products or tips.
At the moment we:
- Try to limit dry brushing
- Use a T-shirt to dry her hair
- Wash & condition once a week
- Use Cantu products although I can’t say I’m super impressed with them
- Have just started to use castor oil at night

If you have any other tips, please let me know, you’ll be helping a mamma out !
Maybe a silk pillowcase or child’s silk bonnet at night to help prevent any frizz on the curls?

• Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Has anyone used a heated rotating hairbrush? Nothing as fancy as the Dyson hair wrap, something like Babyliss?
I’ve got a Babyliss big hair and I love it. I’m useless with a hairdryer and brush but the big hair lets me look as though I’ve been to the hairdresser and had a proper blow dry, with no frizz. You just start using it when your hair it almost dry - put on some heat protection and away you go. I have shorter hair so I went for the petite version.

• Heart

Branched

Can we talk feet please 🤢 sorry. I’m constantly moisturising and pumicing mine but they never look very nice. Any tips?

Also has anyone used a Philips lumea? I’m thinking of getting one.
I have a Lumea and think it’s great. I got it in 2019, used it as directed for maybe 6 months then lent it to my sister who’s still got it! In the last few months my hair has started to grow back a bit, but nowhere near what it used to. I used to shave my legs maybe every 2-3 days whereas now I can easily leave it over a week.

Full disclosure I am pale with dark hair, which I believe is the combination that gets the best results.

IndigoViolet

I’m looking for a new foundation, previously used and loved Rimmels breathable 25h but it’s discontinued and becoming harder to get hold of.

I’m debating between these two, I like a light to medium coverage. Really just to even my skin out but not mask. Does anyone use these? I’m dehydrated/oil.View attachment 1925702
It’s the pricier of the two but Luminous Silk is a beautiful foundation IMHO

pommynoir

VIP Member
Is there anyway to make eyebrows grow? My brows are not over plucked at all, I’m 30 and can probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve waxed or threaded. I’d really like them a bit thicker but I’m assuming it’s impossible but hoping that one of you know some kind of miracle to grow hair 😂😂
Most people say I’m lucky as they’ve a good shape but it’s not the shape I chose 😂😂 and they’re too short too.

here are my brows in their natural state, I’ve not touched them since October.

AFEA7CF8-9FEE-42AB-BFFE-648218AC3A46.jpeg

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Do all of you go to the salon to get your nails done? I feel like a slob now 😬!
I don’t think you’re a slob if you don’t get your nails done. As long as they’re clean and tidy (not little bitten stumps) natural nails look nice too.

I get BIAB on my hands and I do normal varnish on my toes. Just in response to a post above - you don’t have to get your own nails cut down then tips/sculpted with a form when you get acrylic or gel, that’s only if you ask for extensions. If you want a bit of strength on your natural nail length you ask for an overlay, it can be acrylic, hard gel, or BIAB usually. BIAB isn’t advised as an overlay for really long nails though.

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I’ve added turmeric capsules to my morning routine - as well as Vit A, C, D and Zinc and Cod Liver Oil.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Thank you!! I am very low on setting spray so I need that for certain. The one I wanted isn’t on there (on til dawn spray), but I think the urban decay one is! I’ve heard Aesop do some good hand soaps, and they’re usually more than I’d spend on hand soap, so would be a good time to use the voucher! I’ll check out their brushes too, thank you 🥰

I also didn’t realise they did olaplex shampoo in a 1000ml bottle!!

Attachments