Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

daisy2809

VIP Member
Have you tried salicylic acid on your forehead? I wonder if something like the Paula's Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant would help? You can get it in a trial size for 11 pounds on Cult Beauty (and presumably their own website!). Inkey list does a salicylic too. But it might not be something some chemical exfoliation fixes.

i was thinking this but i have awfully sensitive skin, i'm not sure if it would be able to withstand such strong products. a little sample size is a good shout though, i'll have a look. thank you xx

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
I'm really tempted by skin and me but, I hate acids etc and my skin is quite sensitive to things like that. I know you can put that in the questionnaire but still worried about what they'd put in my product 😅 I have a routine that seems to be ok just now but still tempted by it

Reactions: 1

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I don't even ever use body moisturiser, I just absolutely hate it, makes me feel horrible. And most lotions make my skin itchy and give me a rash.

Might get one of the in shower moisturisers but I don't usually think they do much

I wouldn't say I hate body moisturizer, but I also get cold from them and at the same time somehow sweaty. Never figured out what ingredient it is that does it. I also get that on my face....
I used to have one of those Nivea in-shower moisturizers years ago, it smelled very nice just like the blue tin Nivea stuff (i love that scent). I don't think it did much for my skin, tbh, but the scent stayed on quite long, so if you just wanted it for that it should be fine. Just need to be careful, it does make the floor quite slippery.

Ok, now something slightly TMI and it's probably not quite the right thread, but here it goes: I think I have a yeast infection - I don't have anything at home for it and will probably go to the pharmacy tomorrow if it doesn't feel better by then, but that should be alright. I might try some yogurt first as I heard that that helps with the stupid itchy feeling.
The :sick: part about it: I think I may have gotten it at a relative's house. We spend New Year with the same people every year and for the past three years I've always seemed to have this shorty after we visited them. Is that even possible? It makes me feel so yucky, but I can't recall having one and not having been at their place before. I want to dive into some bleach to un-ick myself, but I actually don't even know whether it's possible to catch a yeast infection like that.

IndigoViolet

I found a vlogger on You Tube I like called Pampered Wolf.I have only watched two so far - her best products 2022 for blushers/bronzers and concealer one. She’s British, down to earth, explains things without gimmicks, covers different price points and cruelty free and non cruelty free. My beef normally with make up people is the delivery, saccharine sweet - she just gets on with it. Recommend.
I think she’s okay but the endless plugging of Beauty Pie annoys me- although she’s not alone on that score….

thatkaren

I think that may have been me. I hope you love it as much as I do. Just remember if you are using in the shower, make sure you have been in for a few mins before using the mitt and it may seem initially like nothing is happened but then all of a sudden, these rolls of dead skin start to appear on your arms/legs (sounds awful I know but makes your skin sooo soft)

Does anyone have any recommendations for beauty podcasts/blogs?
Which one do you use please x

mindlessness

VIP Member
Thanks @HaloGirl ! I love this thread.
I need a big gold chunky necklace for the Christmas party next week. My dress is black with a shirt collar and knitted. It’s simple so needs some fun bling.Has anyone seen anything in their travels?
What sort of price point are you thinking? Tilly Sveaas does some nice chunky stuff but it's not cheap 😅 I've seen some nice chunky gold stuff in Zara before?

If i told you …

VIP Member
I suddenly want allergic last year to eyelash extensions. I’m told it’s the fermyelderhide in the glue. I have tonight after reading on here just ordered the uk lash serum and mascara. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it does the trick

Slaybutter

VIP Member
eta: An actual review b/c I did mention I tried this Kosas product before for a literal minute. I normally wear a skin tint not foundation and thought that this product was too much for me. My skin heats up very easily so I felt like foundation wouldn’t be a good choice.

*goes back to researching water creams*

Mojojojo67

Not sure if it was on this thread (many moons ago!) but someone mentioned a website that did great copies of designer bags? Can anyone help?

So I never believe nonsense like this on the internet. Especially tiktok, but I’m 37 and think I may be experiencing peri menopause. Itchy skin all over. Ears and scalp are dry. Hair condition has gone to shit. Or…. Maybe it’s just the time of year….
It won’t me share the tiktok video. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Pinkii

VIP Member
Has anyone had biab gels and can you recommend?

i used to be nail biter, and i stopped and my nails grew and they looked great. since babies though they have become very weak and as soon as they grow a little bit they chip or break. I feel like they are just very dry if that makes sense.

anyways i used to get gel pre kids but they would always peel within a few days no matter what i did so it was a waste of money.

long story short- is biab good/worth it for strengthening nails and for anyone who has peeling problems find the same with biab?

Marcinabolan

I was just thinking to buy one of IPL machines. Can you share wich model do you have and how long you are without hair after using it?
I don't really expect to get less hairy but would be nice to have a longer results then shaving....

When I am not too lazy I use Veet cream, but somehow I always end up with razor in shower 😅🫣
I bought this one. Has good reviews and a lot of them, but just didn’t work for me. I have light brown hair so the hairs on my legs and fan tut aren’t that dark, so maybe this is why this method doesn’t work for me?

625CE954-5B91-4E89-AD63-F3C35F20C0D0.png

Ps: I say cheap as it is compared to the ones you can buy in Boots, which are a lot dearer x