Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
right i'm pretty much leeching off this thread for advice but i'm sure someone here will be able to help - i have SUCH persistent under skin bumps on my forehead! not spots, just skin coloured bumps (not milia cos that's white iirc).

i drink litres and litres of water every day, don't eat well tbh but that doesn't affect the rest of my skin. not sure what else could cause them?

my skincare routine if that's of relevance is: the inkey list oat cleanser, inkey list hyaluronic acid, inkey list glucoside serum, corsx snail mucin essense, weleda skin food.
Have you tried salicylic acid on your forehead? I wonder if something like the Paula's Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant would help? You can get it in a trial size for 11 pounds on Cult Beauty (and presumably their own website!). Inkey list does a salicylic too. But it might not be something some chemical exfoliation fixes.

Reactions: 1

tspnwn

Bit of a silly one I'm such an overthinker! I've got about 2 stone to lose, just going slow with it but aiming to have it gone for summer. My big concern is none of my clothes fitting me anymore! I know some would view it as a nice opportunity to get a whole new wardrobe but I absolutely love the clothes I have already, I've spent a long time building up good quality pieces I'd hate to be without. I'm quite short so I imagine losing all that will make a big difference. I know you can get things tailored so that's something, has anyone done this before? Was it expensive/are there some items of clothing that simply can't be taken in? TIA!

JSquared

VIP Member
There’s a whole Saxenda thread here, which is full of advice
Thank you! I’ll take a look :) x

I got mine from boots online doctor. It’s £250 for 5 pens which lasted me about 3 months last time I used them. Yes you have to meet a certain criteria which I believe is BMI 28 which I currently am (5ft 2 and 10 stone 13). I was approved in less than 24 hours and picked up the following day.
thanks for your response :)

dee_mc

VIP Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme  egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.

I also have two young kids which won’t help 
I'm in the same boat now having felt like shite almost constantly since before Christmas- I've had every bug that's going except covid!
Just re runny nose, a daily antihistamine (taken at night if it's a drowsy formula) can help if it's caused or exacerbated by an allergen.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Keep going - mine took about 3 months and then suddenly- wow! I’m still on my first tube as well.
That's good to know there's hope! Seems like a lot of others had impressive results within a month. To be fair, my eyelashes are quite thick and there's decent volume but want them to be longer

Lac1985

They make a perfume too! It's delicious. I know you used to only be able to buy it in France but I think maybe its available here in the UK now too.
I didn’t know there was a perfume!! Thank you! Off to have a look

I got these in my Xmas stocking 😂 you get the rose one, original and the shimmering one in the box
View attachment 1861163
gorgeous 🥰 I had a tiny normal one in my look fantastic advent calendar, can’t get over the smell

I love Sweaty Betty leggings and then a T-shirt plus sweatshirt or jumper over the top.
I don’t work anymore but I’m out and about a lot doing the horses or walking the dog
The power leggings I used to love 4/5 years ago. Now they’re too short and they use what feels like a different material. ☹

xxAprilxx

I love a body oil after showering/bathing in the winter! On Damp skin (and stood right by the heated towel rail to stay warm :LOL: )The Nuxe one is my fav cause of the smell, but it's a bit more expensive than the Palmers.
I did actually start looking at some fancier body oils online after I posted that. Nuxe did come up...they have a few different ones. Which one do you use?

Burrito88

VIP Member
Has anyone had biab gels and can you recommend?

i used to be nail biter, and i stopped and my nails grew and they looked great. since babies though they have become very weak and as soon as they grow a little bit they chip or break. I feel like they are just very dry if that makes sense.

anyways i used to get gel pre kids but they would always peel within a few days no matter what i did so it was a waste of money.

long story short- is biab good/worth it for strengthening nails and for anyone who has peeling problems find the same with biab?
My nails used to be so weak and would snap daily. I started taking biotin and they have completely changed, I can grow them now if I want to!

thatkaren

right i'm pretty much leeching off this thread for advice but i'm sure someone here will be able to help - i have SUCH persistent under skin bumps on my forehead! not spots, just skin coloured bumps (not milia cos that's white iirc).

i drink litres and litres of water every day, don't eat well tbh but that doesn't affect the rest of my skin. not sure what else could cause them?

my skincare routine if that's of relevance is: the inkey list oat cleanser, inkey list hyaluronic acid, inkey list glucoside serum, corsx snail mucin essense, weleda skin food.
Could it be the oat cleanser? If it’s leaving residue and clogging pores? Maybe use that as a first cleanse at night followed by a water based cleanser. Then use the water based again in the morning. Weleda also has pore clogging ingredients which could also be adding to it.

Mamacita

VIP Member
oh man that’s disappointing to hear. Same price around here and thats why I don’t want to spend too much for it to peel off😩
Maybe give it a go once or something and see, you'll be able to tell after one time if it lasts for you or not. Still it is expensive for a week of nice nails 😅

ginger tea

Chatty Member
A lavender toner would work better but if you want to sort it quickly, use purple shampoo - L'Oreal do quite a cheap one. Massage into your hair and leave it for up to 5 minutes and it should help to tone that orange/gold right down.
Thank you 😊 I’ll give that a try

xbxbx

Chatty Member
When buying jeans is it best for them to be a little tight at first as they’ll loosen over time or for them to be looser and they’ll shrink after a few washes?🤔 I’m thinking more for skinny jeans if that makes a difference. Been wearing ‘mom’ jeans for a few years now and I’m bored of them so looking to go back to skinny jeans for a bit.

cattkitty

I’ll have to look out for that one! Sounds good

how long are you curing each layer?
I usually do 80 secs as my lamp has that setting. Although it’s perfectly fine for just 60 secs - I just like to be sure!

I also usually do about 2 coats of colour and 1 layer of top coat 😄