Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
Happy New Year! I’ve just found this thread so sorry if this has been asked before…but does anyone have any tips for growing a fringe out in a stylish way? I have it swept to the side at the moment which is ok but it does sometimes look like a weird toupee/combover…😂. My hair is quite think and prone to wave/frizz a bit.
I’m in the same boat and I also have a cows lick to contend with 😬😂 I part mine just off centre, twist and pin it just above my ears.

Reactions: 1

sassquatch23

A little different, but I rosacea and I use a little dab of body shop foundation on my cheeks to curb the colour - could you do something similar if you don’t really wear makeup?
That's a good shout! I don't like the feeling of foundation on me, but if it was only in a certain area I am sure I could cope with it. I will give it a try, thank you.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I’ve absolutely devoured these threads over the past couple of weeks! I’ve been influenced by you lot into buying uk lash and dove gradual tan so fingers crossed they work for me too!

I’m really struggling with what to wear at the minute - I used to really pride myself on my fashion sense and what I wore but after two kids, a full time job and an almost full time side hustle I’m ~frazzled~ and I look it. I don’t like any of my usual shops (asos, H&M and the likes) and haven’t for a good while as everything is too young looking and I just don’t know where to look now. Also trying to reduce the amount of cheap rubbish clothes in my wardrobe and shop more mindfully/sustainably, if anyone has any ideas? Don’t have a big budget. I’m 32, 5’2 and usually a size 10 for reference. I’m not too big a fan of the leggings/oversized sweatshirt/pulled up socks/new balance trainer vibes a lot of the insta mums are going for now.
Some of it can veer into mumsy but I've got some lovely things (a few nice dresses, a nice spring jacket, some knitwear etc) from Baukjen in the past: https://www.baukjen.com/ They're upfront about their sustainability goals, and offer a rental service as well as pre-loved. There's also always some stuff on sale.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Got my consultation for my boobs coming up. How long do initial consultations take? I know it's only initial stages but it's abit nerve racking actually turning my dreams into reality, I know that sounds really cheesy and daft but I've always been soooo insecure and unhappy with them. Everyone says they don't notice how flat chested I am but they will say that won't they. Had the love your body as it is brigade out in force as well - once I've had my boobs done I will come and join the gang chill.
Also looking at this - please keep us updated! What's your current under/over-bust size? I'm 30/32 so really got nothing to work with, and interested to hear from others experiences of the process :)

Dexy

VIP Member
Can anyone reccomend a non greasy hair serum to smooth fine, fly away, straight hair? I have little spikey bits on the top my head. 😣

• Wow

D2them

Weleda skin food is a life saver for my skin in the colder months.

The trick is to rub it into your fingers first to warm it up so you can apply it easier, otherwise it can feel really thick.

Its Great base for make up as well 😉
The light version of Skin Food is great too

• Heart

xxAprilxx

I don't even ever use body moisturiser, I just absolutely hate it, makes me feel horrible. And most lotions make my skin itchy and give me a rash.

Might get one of the in shower moisturisers but I don't usually think they do much
I'm the same with body moisturisers...no matter how light-weight they are, I feel icky, gross, cold and itchy.

I've been using this recently and so far really like it. it sinks nicely into my skin without the sticky/oily feeling. I don't love the smell, but it isn't long lasting so am okay with it.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 15.17.08.png

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a gel nail kit and lamp? I need to start saving money so I want to start doing my own again. I did in lockdown but threw it out when I was nesting 🤣🥴 and I can’t find the link to the one I had. I did buy the mylee builder gel too

pommynoir

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the Olaplex dupes from Aldi? Wondering if they’re worth the hype. I’ve never tried Olaplex before though, seems like a lot of hassle 😂

House of Tea

VIP Member
What’s everyones thoughts on dermatologica? I’ve just had a facial and it was lovely but the salon was heavily sponsored/endorsed by them and she recommended three products at nearly £70 a bottle. I don’t mind if they work but I did feel a bit pushed, so I’ve held off in hope of your advice.
Check them out on makeup alley

harveydean

VIP Member
Does anyone follow the curly girl method? After years of blow drying straight, I’m thinking of embarking on it and would love some tips!

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
right i'm pretty much leeching off this thread for advice but i'm sure someone here will be able to help - i have SUCH persistent under skin bumps on my forehead! not spots, just skin coloured bumps (not milia cos that's white iirc).

i drink litres and litres of water every day, don't eat well tbh but that doesn't affect the rest of my skin. not sure what else could cause them?

my skincare routine if that's of relevance is: the inkey list oat cleanser, inkey list hyaluronic acid, inkey list glucoside serum, corsx snail mucin essense, weleda skin food.
this was happening to me while using the ordinary hyaluronic acid - stopped using it and they went away!

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Got my consultation for my boobs coming up. How long do initial consultations take? I know it's only initial stages but it's abit nerve racking actually turning my dreams into reality, I know that sounds really cheesy and daft but I've always been soooo insecure and unhappy with them. Everyone says they don't notice how flat chested I am but they will say that won't they. Had the love your body as it is brigade out in force as well - once I've had my boobs done I will come and join the gang chill.
Good luck!

Right, two questions from me;
Best DIY gel brand? I'm going to take my acrylics off
Second, how do you get rid of those big hard under skin spots 😭

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Does anyone have any K-beauty skincare favourites? I've realised there's a shop in London and want to dip my toe in.
I bought my sister the toner and moisturising cream from beauty of Joseon just yesterday (from amazon).

There's also Skininsider UK.