Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It didn't really do much for me, there was eventually a bit of dead skin but i literally soaked myself in the bath for like 40 mins. Nothing crazy though, not different than any other exfoliants.

However, I tried it on my nose. I wouldn't recommend it as it's not meant for face ( I have the green one) but i just used it really gently around my nose which seemed to have a lot of dead skin on it and it did remove loads of it and left my nose smooth.

This made me buy a facial scrub. I've been avoiding physical exfoliation due to bad press it's been getting for years in the interest of chemical exfoliants. BHA and AHA never really worked for me, at best they didn't do anything, at worst they broke me out and dried my skin out.
My skin is so much better now after using the scrub! I'm just going to stick with physical exfoliation now, seems to work much better for me than acids.
With you on that. I have never had any issues with a physical scrub. The chemical ones just hurt my skin.

Reactions: 1
It didn't really do much for me, there was eventually a bit of dead skin but i literally soaked myself in the bath for like 40 mins. Nothing crazy though, not different than any other exfoliants.

However, I tried it on my nose. I wouldn't recommend it as it's not meant for face ( I have the green one) but i just used it really gently around my nose which seemed to have a lot of dead skin on it and it did remove loads of it and left my nose smooth.

This made me buy a facial scrub. I've been avoiding physical exfoliation due to bad press it's been getting for years in the interest of chemical exfoliants. BHA and AHA never really worked for me, at best they didn't do anything, at worst they broke me out and dried my skin out.
My skin is so much better now after using the scrub! I'm just going to stick with physical exfoliation now, seems to work much better for me than acids.
If you can find it, try a kojac sponge. It's gentle enough not to injure facial skin, but by god does it make a difference! But be sure to really soak it in hot water before you use it and to change it out regularely. I've been using one for three months now and my skin has gotten loads better, used to have a lot of whiteheads but my skin didn't like chemical exfoliants.

Reactions: 3
I take Vit D, iron and Vit C. Really think the vitamin c helps massively. Not only to help with iron absorption but to boost my immune system.
Iron is really hard to absorb (even if you have a textbook-perfect digestive system) and Vit C has been scientifically proven to help, so this is a good one to keep up with!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to tit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅
Sorry to hear you're not feeling your best right now ❤ I think the winter darkness gets to all of us and makes it worse.

For the permanently runny nose, I'd check whether it's not an allergy of some type. During winter it's normal for many people to have a runny nose when coming in from the cold as well, so that might be it, but dust allergies and similar are non-seasonal. FWIW, maybe try to get a check-up with a doctor, just to rule out any deficiency.

Iron is really hard to absorb (even if you have a textbook-perfect digestive system) and Vit C has been scientifically proven to help, so this is a good one to keep up with!
Second this I take my iron tablet with orange juice. My sons dietician told me when I give him his liquid iron to give it him with a fruit juice preferably orange.

Reactions: 2
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme  egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to tit.

I also have two young kids which won’t help 
I'm in the same boat now having felt like shite almost constantly since before Christmas- I've had every bug that's going except covid!
Just re runny nose, a daily antihistamine (taken at night if it's a drowsy formula) can help if it's caused or exacerbated by an allergen.

Got an event for work coming up soon.
What the duck do people wear to these things?!

Smart casual. Black suit or trouser type look feels too much, they don't even wear that at head office in working hours but I'm lost beyond that really
Smart-casual can be difficult for an event. One piece of parental advice I've always found works in these situations is, it's better to be a little too formal than a little too casual. I'd go for a jumpsuit with long blazer and some ankle boots. A summer jumpsuit can work well with a turtleneck under it to keep warm - this sort of look (imagine with ankle boots rather than brogues):

1674505417254.png

Smart-casual can be difficult for an event. One piece of parental advice I've always found works in these situations is, it's better to be a little too formal than a little too casual. I'd go for a jumpsuit with long blazer and some ankle boots. A summer jumpsuit can work well with a turtleneck under it to keep warm - this sort of look (imagine with ankle boots rather than brogues):

View attachment 1905095
Oh that's lovely and very smart.
I'd never pull it off 😭😂

Got an event for work coming up soon.
What the duck do people wear to these things?!
Things to avoid.
Straight knee length skirts that look good when standing up but can ride up and look too short when sitting down.
Long skirts that trail on the floor when sitting down, someone is bound to stand on it.
Nothing with big sleeves that can catch on things.

Wear something with pockets so you can stash a handkerchief or a sweet to stop you coughing

Hi all, long time lurker but first time poster here, glad I've found this thread, hoping you can help! My skin was very irritated years ago after a reaction to a skin cleanser, and has never been the same since. I feel very self conscious without make up and would love to be able to find something to make the redness go and improve the skin tone. Any ideas and help would be hugely appreciated! Thank you

Things to avoid.
Straight knee length skirts that look good when standing up but can ride up and look too short when sitting down.
Long skirts that trail on the floor when sitting down, someone is bound to stand on it.
Nothing with big sleeves that can catch on things.

Wear something with pockets so you can stash a handkerchief or a sweet to stop you coughing
I think I'm just going to get a slip style dress on. I can't be arsed now I know there's no booze available

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi all, long time lurker but first time poster here, glad I've found this thread, hoping you can help! My skin was very irritated years ago after a reaction to a skin cleanser, and has never been the same since. I feel very self conscious without make up and would love to be able to find something to make the redness go and improve the skin tone. Any ideas and help would be hugely appreciated! Thank you
Rosalique works for me.
It calms the redness and improves the skin.

Second this I take my iron tablet with orange juice. My sons dietician told me when I give him his liquid iron to give it him with a fruit juice preferably orange.
And excess dairy can inhibit iron absorption - my daughter had acute anaemia for a while. Its a long road to recover to normal levels.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.