Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh fun! I buy stuff from PureSeoul online. I love the Snail Mucin Essense from Cosrx and also the Propolis Vitamin Sleeping Mask from Iunik. Whenever I am in a K beauty store I also like to just pick up a random assortment of sheet masks.

Oh also remembered, if you've ever been tempted by the SKII essense, Missha makes one which is great (and less expensive) https://pureseoul.co.uk/collections...volution-the-first-treatment-essence-5x-150ml
Amazing, thank you! I was actually looking at the SKII essence earlier after reading an old Top Shelf interview with someone who recommended their face masks before a big event (works out about £9 a pop).

Reactions: 1
Those of you who use the Korean exfoliators, I used a yellow one after soaking in the bath and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Amazing, thank you! I was actually looking at the SKII essence earlier after reading an old Top Shelf interview with someone who recommended their face masks before a big event (works out about £9 a pop).
I love the old Top Shelf interviews! They were great.

Those of you who use the Korean exfoliators, I used a yellow one after soaking in the bath and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have other colours? The blue is roughest, followed by green. Pink is the gentlest one.

Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to tit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅

Reactions: 4
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

There are so many old wives tales out there.
For me, I eat garlic and olive oil every day. I’m
Greek. I was ill for the first time in five years just before Christmas, so I’d call that a win. I also still use antiseptic spray on my hands if I’m out, it’s one habit I’ve kept from the pandemic. I truly think it helps.

Reactions: 5
There are so many old wives tales out there.
For me, I eat garlic and olive oil every day. I’m
Greek. I was ill for the first time in five years just before Christmas, so I’d call that a win. I also still use antiseptic spray on my hands if I’m out, it’s one habit I’ve kept from the pandemic. I truly think it helps.
How do you eat your garlic? Like pickled clove or just make sure it’s in your food?

I take Vit D, iron and Vit C. Really think the vitamin c helps massively. Not only to help with iron absorption but to boost my immune system.

Reactions: 6
I’ve added turmeric capsules to my morning routine - as well as Vit A, C, D and Zinc and Cod Liver Oil.

Reactions: 5
Going to start rattling from tomorrow. Have all of these tablets, but just need to stay consistent in the consuming of them…

Use hand sanitizer all the time. I did before the pandemic.
Everytime you go out and touch door handles, trolleys, handrails etc, use a tiny bit before you do anything else with your hands. Seriously, it makes all the difference, especially if you work in an office with others. Also do this if you blow your nose.

take a multivitamin which ensures you get 100% of vitamin d and all the essentials.

drink lots of water as it helps flushes the system.
eat a balanced diet.

Reactions: 6
Garlic fermented in honey is very good for your immune system. Smash some of the garlic cloves mentioned up thread with the flat side of a knife & store them in a jar of honey.

B5D46B06-D261-4587-9945-2E63A6D239CD.jpeg
3E0F7422-EA42-405D-8EDA-D5EA7FA80B03.jpeg

Always wear a fragrance....

And don't forget to use it daily.
And after each bottle go and buy yourself another smell, life is too short to use always the same perfume.
You deserve it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

such a good question and so important. I was the same as you for years constantly ill with coughs and colds from October to March.

Covering up is so important for me, when the weather gets cool I make sure I’m wearing a vest as an extra layer, also making sure my neck, chest and mouth are not exposed when I’m out in the cold. Long jacket/coat, gloves and hat, plus proper shoes and socks to keep my feet dry. Seems so simple but I wasn’t doing those things, I didn’t have a proper coat and my mouth was always exposed.

I now always have Vicks, cough syrup and lemsip in the house for when I feel the first tickle, I make sure I take syrup etc. and stick to taking it regularly until the symptoms are completely gone. Always having it in the house means that when I feel that first tickle in the evening I can handle it straight away rather than just leaving it overnight. Salt water gargle works too, but it’s disgusting.

Food wise I am trying to make a lot of hearty soups. Lemon and water every day, garlic and olive oil as mentioned by someone else. I try to make sure I get some protein, some fats, some carbs, veg every day.

Prioritise sleep, keep layered up at home if house is cold.

I just had my 3rd no cough Christmas and it was great 😀

Reactions: 7
such a good question and so important. I was the same as you for years constantly ill with coughs and colds from October to March.

Covering up is so important for me, when the weather gets cool I make sure I’m wearing a vest as an extra layer, also making sure my neck, chest and mouth are not exposed when I’m out in the cold. Long jacket/coat, gloves and hat, plus proper shoes and socks to keep my feet dry. Seems so simple but I wasn’t doing those things, I didn’t have a proper coat and my mouth was always exposed.

I now always have Vicks, cough syrup and lemsip in the house for when I feel the first tickle, I make sure I take syrup etc. and stick to taking it regularly until the symptoms are completely gone. Always having it in the house means that when I feel that first tickle in the evening I can handle it straight away rather than just leaving it overnight. Salt water gargle works too, but it’s disgusting.

Food wise I am trying to make a lot of hearty soups. Lemon and water every day, garlic and olive oil as mentioned by someone else. I try to make sure I get some protein, some fats, some carbs, veg every day.

Prioritise sleep, keep layered up at home if house is cold.

I just had my 3rd no cough Christmas and it was great 😀
You make a great point here; covering up is so important. I always leave the house with some kind of scarf, even a thin one in the summer. Nothing worse than a cold chest and that can cause lurgy.

Reactions: 8
Did you use soap or were there oils in the bath? It works best on soaked skin with no soap or oil, just water.

Did you use soap or were there oils in the bath? It works best on soaked skin with no soap or oil, just water.
I used a bath bomb, but I have tried it it both the bath and shower and nothing yet :( Will try the other colours as someone else mentioned.

I used a bath bomb, but I have tried it it both the bath and shower and nothing yet :( Will try the other colours as someone else mentioned.
It didn't really do much for me, there was eventually a bit of dead skin but i literally soaked myself in the bath for like 40 mins. Nothing crazy though, not different than any other exfoliants.

However, I tried it on my nose. I wouldn't recommend it as it's not meant for face ( I have the green one) but i just used it really gently around my nose which seemed to have a lot of dead skin on it and it did remove loads of it and left my nose smooth.

This made me buy a facial scrub. I've been avoiding physical exfoliation due to bad press it's been getting for years in the interest of chemical exfoliants. BHA and AHA never really worked for me, at best they didn't do anything, at worst they broke me out and dried my skin out.
My skin is so much better now after using the scrub! I'm just going to stick with physical exfoliation now, seems to work much better for me than acids.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.