Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.
I have a similar issue and as I’ve got older I have a wider parting too. I use hair fibres and have for a while. You basically dust them on and work them in a bit with your fingers and they disguise a widening parting or any small less hairy bits like your crown. I get mine on Amazon and they come in loads of colours x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a similar issue and as I’ve got older I have a wider parting too. I use hair fibres and have for a while. You basically dust them on and work them in a bit with your fingers and they disguise a widening parting or any small less hairy bits like your crown. I get mine on Amazon and they come in loads of colours x
Thank you!! *runs to amazon* ❤

Has anyone tried Kerastraight before?

It would be the cost of 4.5 blow dries for my middle sister and is supposed to last 3 months.

It would be the cost of 4.5 blow dries for my middle sister and is supposed to last 3 months.
I’ve had a keratin treatment before (not sure if it’s the same) but it takes all the volume out of your hair and makes it quicker to dry. My hair is very thick and I was able to blow dry it straight in 10/15 mins after having it. I only had it once though as I like a bit of volume and felt my hair was just really flat and a bit lank after having it

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I've had a Brazilian blow dry before and was unimpressed. Not sure about Kerastraight but you also have to switch all your shampoos and conditioners to sulphate free ones, so extra cost there.

ETA: I do get my hair permanently straightened every six months or so as otherwise it's a total mess and that's great.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.
I know you've tried training it but I wonder if maybe your hairdresser might be able to cut it in a way which sort of discourages the part at the back? (I am not a hairdresser, so don't know if this is actually possible..).

Reactions: 3
Have you been to the doctors to check your iron levels? I went to see a trichologist and they said for healthy hair growth ferritin levels need to be 80 and over, mine at time were really low. It might be worth asking your doctor to check your iron and also your vitamin D levels, also it could be a possible thyroid issue - just to rule out any health reasons as to why.

If you can as someone said above get a restyle and possible put a roller in at the crown and some back combing to give it a lift that could help 💜

Reactions: 4
Have you been to the doctors to check your iron levels? I went to see a trichologist and they said for healthy hair growth ferritin levels need to be 80 and over, mine at time were really low. It might be worth asking your doctor to check your iron and also your vitamin D levels, also it could be a possible thyroid issue - just to rule out any health reasons as to why.

If you can as someone said above get a restyle and possible put a roller in at the crown and some back combing to give it a lift that could help 💜
I am anemic so I take iron tablets every day. However I could be short of vit D. I don't eat dairy at all so maybe that's causing some deficiency. Thanks for the advice. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone had any experience of castor oil helping with the growth of lashes and eyebrows? I’m using rapid lash on and off which I’ve found really helps with lash growth but it’s not the cheapest. I’m looking for something a little friendlier on my bank balance. From the research I’ve done I’m getting mixed reviews on effectiveness 🤷🏻‍♀️

Has anyone had any experience of castor oil helping with the growth of lashes and eyebrows? I’m using rapid lash on and off which I’ve found really helps with lash growth but it’s not the cheapest. I’m looking for something a little friendlier on my bank balance. From the research I’ve done I’m getting mixed reviews on effectiveness 🤷🏻‍♀️
I use it on my eyebrows quite a bit to condition them after tinting and laminating, but haven't noticed any effect on growth beyond them being in a better condition.

For those who use uklash serum, how quickly have you noticed a difference? Also do you use it once or twice a day?

I've been using it around 3 weeks and can't say my lashes look longer, I have been getting more lashes though I think. I seem to have ones growing above and below my eyelash which can be a bit annoying and it seems to have got worse since using the serum.

I noticed a difference straight away - as with all lash serums I’ve tried - but I did have really Short, stubby lashes to begin with. UK lash is the only one that has consistently improved my lashes the more I use it though. I use it once a day at night after doing my skin care.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been using it for about a month, zero difference so far. Won’t be repurchasing

Does anyone have any K-beauty skincare favourites? I've realised there's a shop in London and want to dip my toe in.

Does anyone have any K-beauty skincare favourites? I've realised there's a shop in London and want to dip my toe in.
I bought my sister the toner and moisturising cream from beauty of Joseon just yesterday (from amazon).

There's also Skininsider UK.

Thanks. PURESEOUL Soho, it's on Charing Cross Road.

I was looking at the Laniege water mask which seems to come highly recommended various places.
I really love that - the sleeping lip mask is 🔥🔥🔥 too. I alternate between the laniege masks and fresh masks.

I had no idea this existed? Know what I’m doing this weekend 😂 thank you!!

Oh fun! I buy stuff from PureSeoul online. I love the Snail Mucin Essense from Cosrx and also the Propolis Vitamin Sleeping Mask from Iunik. Whenever I am in a K beauty store I also like to just pick up a random assortment of sheet masks.

Oh also remembered, if you've ever been tempted by the SKII essense, Missha makes one which is great (and less expensive) https://pureseoul.co.uk/collections...volution-the-first-treatment-essence-5x-150ml

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.