Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I've seen those primark leggings with the fluffy cuffs. Now I would normally call the police if someone suggested primark clothing to me but I really like the look of these. Should I do it or is the quality just shit?
The quality is shit, every time I buy primark leggings I regret it with my life. Also bought primark joggers on a whim because I needed new ones and they have shed soooooo much, it’s honestly horrific, even after washing them

I bought adanola leggings after someone on here recommended them, I haven’t worn them yet but the material is really soft and the quality feels amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
What’s everyones thoughts on dermatologica? I’ve just had a facial and it was lovely but the salon was heavily sponsored/endorsed by them and she recommended three products at nearly £70 a bottle. I don’t mind if they work but I did feel a bit pushed, so I’ve held off in hope of your advice.

• Wow

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.
Have you been to the doctors to check your iron levels? I went to see a trichologist and they said for healthy hair growth ferritin levels need to be 80 and over, mine at time were really low. It might be worth asking your doctor to check your iron and also your vitamin D levels, also it could be a possible thyroid issue - just to rule out any health reasons as to why.

If you can as someone said above get a restyle and possible put a roller in at the crown and some back combing to give it a lift that could help 💜

happylife32

Just throwing my advice in as well. Remember to lip scrub and moisturise your lips! I’ve yet to find a nice non sticky lip balm so I’ve been using Vaseline but read that’s not very good for it. I love the lush lip scrubs.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Have you been to the doctors to check your iron levels? I went to see a trichologist and they said for healthy hair growth ferritin levels need to be 80 and over, mine at time were really low. It might be worth asking your doctor to check your iron and also your vitamin D levels, also it could be a possible thyroid issue - just to rule out any health reasons as to why.

If you can as someone said above get a restyle and possible put a roller in at the crown and some back combing to give it a lift that could help 💜
I am anemic so I take iron tablets every day. However I could be short of vit D. I don't eat dairy at all so maybe that's causing some deficiency. Thanks for the advice. ❤

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
What’s the best collagen supplement guys? I’ve been taking tabs but think they’re pretty shitty because I’m not seeing all these differences 🤣
I enjoy Dose&Co. I use their collagen creamer that I add to coffee each morning. My hair has grown so much in 2 months!

margaretta

VIP Member
Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊
I’d avoid leggings and anything that looks too casual.
I’m a great fan of palazzo / wide leg trousers which you can dress up or down.
And look for tops which allow you to move freely, but have a more fitted shape rather than a baggy sweatshirt.
Marks and Spencer sometimes do some lycra based shirts which are well cut but give flexibility too.

Stick to classic styles rather than fashion and where you can aim to dress things up with a scarf or other accessory to give colour.

• Heart
Has anyone got any curling iron tips? My hair is waist length, thin and depressingly straight, I splashed out on a fancy curling iron (38mm barrel) since I love the look of loose curls and it's just not holding at all, looks like I've hardly touched it :cry:
Have you tried pinning each curl after curling? I curl the hair, catch it before it drops and Bobby pin it. Leave all curls for around 10mins until cool (or longer if you have time!) then take out. You look abit odd with them all pinned on your head but it keeps my curls in longer.

I seen a TikTok of a lady doing it in a pony tail and split the hair into four sections, curled and then pinned - I don’t want to be dramatic.. but it’s changed my life 😂

• Heart

ack13

@StillLucilleBluth I wouldn't fuck with bleach at home. Can go wrong way too easily, you can over process and fry it, under process and it's orange, can snap off, etc.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?
I started using LRP cicaplast Baumé a few weeks ago after also getting really dry patches and it’s made a huge difference! Love it! It feels really thick but melts down and sinks in quickly.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Do all of you go to the salon to get your nails done? I feel like a slob now 😬!

I don't have bad nails, but I don't know how to do them and I was never good at making them a nice shape and even worse at colouring them. Plus, anytime I tried they just chip at the tip as I type the whole day.
I don't get mine done. I personally don't like the up keep. I have taken my youngest sister though as she wanted to try. They really did make a noticeable difference.
---

Hirestreet have created M&S capsule wardrobes you have a peak at and copy if you want to buy instead of renting.

Have a look on Pinterest too for things you like first.

Last edited:

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Does anyone have any recommendations of mascara for hooded eyes? My eyes aren’t severely hooded but eye makeup tends to just smudge so I don’t usually bother but I feel like I need something to make my eyes pop.
Million lashes is great. They do a waterproof version I’d highly recommend.

Right. What do you do when you have your dad's entire face including hairline (he's now bald)? Might just buy a burka and call it a day.
It’s all about the eyebrows then. Make sure they’re plucked nicely and wear a lipstick that suits your skin tone.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Does anyone else get bad ingrown hairs no matter what you do to try avoid them? Had a real painful one the other day I squeezed it and it exploded and the hair came out in the explosion. My legs are scarred from them, look like I'm a former junkie or something big pink round scars all up em.
Me but I have a weird addiction to plucking them 🤢

happylife32

What style and colour did you go for? I went blonde last year after having dark hair my whole life and I feel so much better about myself now.
Red - I’m a brunette usually but this red is so shiny and vibrant. It’s amazing how good a new style makes you feel :)

• Heart

tinnyhinny

Hello!
Does anyone have good recommendations for a under clothes slip sort of thing?
I’m currently a 10 but find my lower tummy pouch makes an unflattering side profile when in pencil skirts and such. I just need something to smooth it all out!

returnofthetea

I enjoy Dose&Co. I use their collagen creamer that I add to coffee each morning. My hair has grown so much in 2 months!
Another vote for Dose&Co in terms of taste, have it in my morning latte it’s just like a sweetener. Only on day 2 so can’t comment on the effects yet! X

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'm the same with body moisturisers...no matter how light-weight they are, I feel icky, gross, cold and itchy.

I've been using this recently and so far really like it. it sinks nicely into my skin without the sticky/oily feeling. I don't love the smell, but it isn't long lasting so am okay with it.

View attachment 1860054
I love a body oil after showering/bathing in the winter! On Damp skin (and stood right by the heated towel rail to stay warm :LOL: )The Nuxe one is my fav cause of the smell, but it's a bit more expensive than the Palmers.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I added a few freckles to my face while I was doing my makeup for my Christmas party and people kept commenting on how pretty they looked (and thought they were real), so that’s now a sticking point of my routine 😆 trying fake tan dots today to see if they stay a little longer.