Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I saw some in Tk maxx actually, I'll pick them up when I'm next in!
I know ghd are the ultimate but I don't have £200 to spend on them at the moment, I'd rather spend that on my daughter's birthday day trip out
I managed to get some brand new GHDs in the box for £20 from the local crackhead

• Haha
Reactions: 18
All my GHDs have broken just out of their warranty so I’ve not bothered with them in years. Have a look in Boots or on Amazon.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think I saw some in Tk maxx actually, I'll pick them up when I'm next in!
I know ghd are the ultimate but I don't have £200 to spend on them at the moment, I'd rather spend that on my daughter's birthday day trip out
I’ve never gone wrong with any of babyliss’ styling products either.

My GHDs broke about ten years ago when I was unemployed - couldn’t live without them so I bought some on eBay, barely used, for about £20.

I’ve still got them and they work perfectly. If you’re on a budget worth thinking about!

Reactions: 5
Read all of both the threads, what fab advice you all have! My notes list is very long and I feel an expensive shop coming😂

Thought I would throw in my lil routines even though I think most have been discussed before!

- Clean hair! For me, this often means washing every day. I know it's not the best for your hair but I hateeeee the feel of dry shampoo. I'd rather just wash my hair than spray a load of product in it which is essentially just making it dirty. My hairdresser always says my hair is healthy so it can't be doing too much damage. If I'm WFH, I will push it to every other day but if I'm in the office or going out, clean hair is a must. If I shower and don't wash my hair, I still never feel fully clean.

I change my shampoo and conditioner all the time but I like the bed head stuff a lot. I use an olaplex treatment once a week and every other week I will put a hair mask in whilst I WFH (I use garnier hair food to do a slick back bun for the day). ALWAYS use heat protecter. I have frizzy hair so tend to straighten or use a hot brush every day. You can do it whilst maintaining healthy hair if you do it properly.

- Nails - my mum drilled into me from an early age that dirty hands/nails are unacceptable hahaha and now I'm always very consious of my hands because people see them a lot. I have BIAB every 3 weeks. Usually go for french or a nude. Classic colours that just look clean. They make my hands look nicer:ROFLMAO:

- Makeup - This really depends. If I'm having a good skin day, just a little concealer, cream bronzer, cream blush, eyebrows and mascara. The cream products help look glowy and fresh. If I'm not, I'll add a foundation in too but try and keep it as light as possible, especially if it is just for work.

- Skincare - I have just started using skin + me which I'm loving! I use cereve cleanser, skin + me, aldi's version of glow tonic and a nivea moisturiser every night. In the morning I just do a liquid cleanser and moisturiser. I have massively scaled back my routine since using skin + me but it's working for me.

- Tan - I am pastyyyy and think if I have some colour I just look a bit more healthy. In the summer I use a proper fake tan, usually filter by Molly Mae or bondi sands. I have this routine downnnnnn to a T now - it's a long process and fake tan night is a full commitment but it is worth it. On my face I use UTan which I really like and recommend if you struggle with spots (the CBD and jasmine in it helped me!). In the winter I use dove gradual tan. The best on the market for me just to maintain a bit of a glow without it looking too much.

From this thread I definitely want to look at getting a lash lift/tint, and investing in some luxe shower products (a nice shower gel, body moisturiser because I'm a bit rubbish for doing that).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi I love this thread I have a thyroid problem and due to medication my hair is just falling out any advice for good shampoo/products would be really appreciated thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi I love this thread I have a thyroid problem and due to medication my hair is just falling out any advice for good shampoo/products would be really appreciated thank you
I’ve heard nice things about Bondi Boost’s “Intensive Leave-In Scalp Spray Treatment for Thinning Hair.” Try to focus on products that treat nourish your scalp and strengthen your roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Whoever mentioned the ordinary hair serum for thicker hair, thank you. I’m only a few days in but my hair looks so good and had move volume!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Hair is such a problem isn’t it? You would think we would have evolved not to have any now. It would save such a lot of faff and money.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hair is such a problem isn’t it? You would think we would have evolved not to have any now. It would save such a lot of faff and money.
I have fine but very long hair and some days I have the urge to just shave it all off and start again.

Reactions: 8
Me too, about shaving off. My scalp is a mess too. I have a feeling people would recoil in the streets.
Haha same. I have my dad and brothers face so would probably be confused for a man. I bet it feels so freeing to do though.

I have fine but very long hair and some days I have the urge to just shave it all off and start again.
ive had long hair all my life and I sometimes wonder if getting a bob or even shoulder length hair, would miraculously give me more volume.

im getting married though and want long hair for my wedding, but I fanatsize about getting a “lob” all the time😄

• Heart
ive had long hair all my life and I sometimes wonder if getting a bob or even shoulder length hair, would miraculously give me more volume.

im getting married though and want long hair for my wedding, but I fanatsize about getting a “lob” all the time😄
I'm getting married soon as well. I am thinking of just going for it after I'm married. My hairs fine but grows FAST.

• Heart

I've had long hair all my life and took it upon myself last Xmas to get it cut into a bob! Personally i found it really aged me! And also the maintenance of short hair i found harder! Bobby pins become your best friend and unlike long hair where you can do a greasy/messy bun i was washing my hair so much!!! #longhairforlife 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I've had long hair all my life and took it upon myself last Xmas to get it cut into a bob! Personally i found it really aged me! And also the maintenance of short hair i found harder! Bobby pins become your best friend and unlike long hair where you can do a greasy/messy bun i was washing my hair so much!!! #longhairforlife 😂😂
I did suspect shorter hair = harder work…

nooo my fantasy is ruined 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.