Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought a pair of dm Chelsea boots as I thought they'd be a good all round boot, but they leak through the stitching when wet I then discovered (feet soaked and boots inside). I wanted something waterproof so then bought some Blundstone which have been great, I also like the lace up Grensons boots.
Blundtstones are fab. I got a pair of black leather ones about 5 years ago. I have used them for riding/mucking out, then cleaned them up to wear casual with jeans or leggings, or dressed up a bit with a skirt/dress. Very comfortable, especially if you have wider feet, and waterproof and clean up well (reapply waterproofing once in a while especially after cleaning).

Reactions: 3
So I’ve decided to do my own makeup for my wedding in 6 weeks 😬 having not really worn any since before lockdown! Have got an appointment at the John Lewis beauty counter for a session where I can go and try out stuff and they can recommend bits for me.

The thing I’m really not confident in is fake lashes - last time I used them was probably 2011 and having to carry round the little tube of eyelure glue…😂 I’m sure they’ve advanced since then. Alternatively, considering trying extensions.
my waxing lady recommended LVL, but I’m not convinced it’s for me as my lashes aren’t that long or thick naturally, and it’s expensive for something which might not work! Does anyone have any recommendations?

So I’ve decided to do my own makeup for my wedding in 6 weeks 😬 having not really worn any since before lockdown! Have got an appointment at the John Lewis beauty counter for a session where I can go and try out stuff and they can recommend bits for me.

The thing I’m really not confident in is fake lashes - last time I used them was probably 2011 and having to carry round the little tube of eyelure glue…😂 I’m sure they’ve advanced since then. Alternatively, considering trying extensions.
my waxing lady recommended LVL, but I’m not convinced it’s for me as my lashes aren’t that long or thick naturally, and it’s expensive for something which might not work! Does anyone have any recommendations?
i would definitely recommend lash extensions as it takes the stress away from trying to apply the damn strip ones and getting glue everywhere.

I would recommend a more subtle style, when i used to get them I usually asked for a slight cat eye affect as it really lifts the eyes, I would stay away from ‘russian’ though, they are not a good look in person

Reactions: 5
Hi all. New to this thread so sorry if someone has asked this before..

Does anyone else have very thin, brittle hair that is prone to breakage? I'm trying to grow my hair (it's a long bob at the mo) but finding it difficult because it breaks so easily. I heat style my hair which I know doesn't help 🤦‍♀️ but I try my best to minimise damage with heat protect spray etc.

Any recommendations for serums/sprays/conditioners or even vitamin supplements that can help with strengthening?
I’d recommend Biotin supplements, a good multivitamin, silk/satin bobble & pillowcase and a tangle teezer brush

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Lash extensions are good but I would recommend you get them done earlier because for example I'm allergic, the patch test they do is not really enough to show it but when I get them done I spend majority of my time sneezing. I guess you don't want that for your wedding day, so if you get them done early you can then get an infill before the wedding or there is enough time to get them removed. Wouldn't recommend lvl, too expensive and it makes little difference. If you're confident using eyeliner and want to use it on the day, then you may want to consider magnetic eyelashes

Reactions: 3
i would definitely recommend lash extensions as it takes the stress away from trying to apply the damn strip ones and getting glue everywhere.

I would recommend a more subtle style, when i used to get them I usually asked for a slight cat eye affect as it really lifts the eyes, I would stay away from ‘russian’ though, they are not a good look in person
Thank you! How anyone can apply them neatly is beyond me

Lash extensions are good but I would recommend you get them done earlier because for example I'm allergic, the patch test they do is not really enough to show it but when I get them done I spend majority of my time sneezing. I guess you don't want that for your wedding day, so if you get them done early you can then get an infill before the wedding or there is enough time to get them removed. Wouldn't recommend lvl, too expensive and it makes little difference. If you're confident using eyeliner and want to use it on the day, then you may want to consider magnetic eyelashes
Ohh that’s interesting - I have very sensitive skin too!
The magnetic ones look so good - almost too good to be true?

Thank you! How anyone can apply them neatly is beyond me

Ohh that’s interesting - I have very sensitive skin too!
The magnetic ones look so good - almost too good to be true?
I just started using the magnetic ones and prefer them to glue and it's also easier to reuse them as they don't end up covered in glue lol. But you do need to be good with putting eyeliner on, I'm a bit out of practice with it as haven't been using it much in the last couple years so not every attempt looks that good 🤣 definitely need a bit of practice. I use Lola lashes one. Ideally I'd be getting extensions but the allergy is too much. I also used to be fine with them and only at some point became allergic

I would stay away from ‘russian’ though, they are not a good look in person
I see posts on Instagram of Russian lashes and people are always in the comments are fawning over them saying how lush they are - and there’s me thinking they’re spoof photos, some of them are like big fat caterpillars on their eyelids, they are so not a good look!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I see posts on Instagram of Russian lashes and people are always in the comments are fawning over them saying how lush they are - and there’s me thinking they’re spoof photos, some of them are like big fat caterpillars on their eyelids, they are so not a good look!
honestly they are horrific, it can look ok in photos or if you cake yoursrlf in make up but generally they are too much and anytime I see it on someone I just cnt stop staring

Reactions: 1
I had a colleague who went for the Russian lash extensions and it looked very bad in person, as if she had tiny eyes and was squinting all the time. She had them removed after a bit because it didn’t look as she had hoped and went for something much shorter and with fewer hairs instead and that looked great. The lady dyed her natural lashes as well, so they mixed very nicely and you couldn’t tell that it was a lash extension if you didn’t know.

Reactions: 6
There was a Cult Beauty code with The Times last week - 20% off with CULTXTIMES951 - not sure of expiry date

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone use Rosehip oil? I’ve got lots of white heads on my nose and chin since I used it last night and it and it feels very oily. All reviews said it was super absorbing and lightweight. I didn’t find that at all.

Reactions: 4
Anyone use Rosehip oil? I’ve got lots of white heads on my nose and chin since I used it last night and it and it feels very oily. All reviews said it was super absorbing and lightweight. I didn’t find that at all.
I use a small amount (like the size of a 20p) and massage it onto my elbows, knees and upper arms. It helps to soften the skin there and I've not used it on my face before. I always thought it was a heavy oil. I use this product called BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by corsx on my face. It helps to manage excess oil and to even out my skin more (the only thing I don't like is its smell, but I focus on the positives it brings)

Yes I use it every night for about three years use it on my face and neck, 2-3 drops then gently pat it onto skin, iv never had any problems with it

Yes I use it every night for about three years use it on my face and neck, 2-3 drops then gently pat it onto skin, iv never had any problems with it
Does it absorb quickly and lightweight? I used The ordinary

Does it absorb quickly and lightweight? I used The ordinary
Iv used ordinary many times 👍🏻 Yeah I do my skincare routine then pat that on at the end it’s a little tacky but goes away. To be honest I have put it on without doing my skincare and it felt oily

Speaking of The Ordinary, I need to rave about their multi peptide brow serum (which now I think about it, is probably the same as the bottled multi peptide hair serum, but more expensive per ml 🤦🏻‍♀️).

Full disclosure, I do have pretty full eyebrows anyway. But more in the sense that the individual hairs are dark and pretty long. They’re not that dense and the thing that lead me to brow serums was that in one eyebrow I had a little gap right in the head of the brow.I had two hairs then a gap a couple of millimetres wide then the rest of my eyebrow started. I tried Rapidbrow and after two tubes at £38 a pop I saw a couple of wispy transparent hairs and nothing else. Then I tried The Ordinary. I’ve not even used one tube and the gap has properly filled in. The rest of my brows look a little denser too (less skin visible through the undergrowth lol) and the hair that I used to pluck on the body (if that’s the name) of the eyebrow because it was sparse and looked a bit crap is growing thicker so I can now just leave it and not pluck anything - which gives me even fuller eyebrows! And it was only £12.40! I got mine from Boots but I first saw it on Cult Beauty. Would definitely recommend to everyone in here who was asking about brow/lash serums.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.