Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeap, Therapie on south William street D2 is where I go. It is an actual Doctor that does the injections so that made me feel safe. I've gotten both botox & lip fillers from there and am super happy with how it's all turned out. Other peoples reviews for there online that I've read are good too.
They use a numbing cream & honestly I barely feel anything, at most it's just a little butterfly pinch.
They have a deal at mo that is 3 areas of botox for price of 2. It has been on for months and does return fairly regular.
Prices in general around Dublin all seem to be about the same. So I feel they are just good safe place to go.
so, I went to that particular clinic a few years ago to get lip filler. I was asked why I was interested in filler and what my expectations were. I said oh I get it done every year, I have big eyes and a fringe and I feel my smaller mouth makes my face look out of balance. I like to enhance my lips to try and make sense of my face!

The male doctor then spent the duration of the appointment telling me all the other things I should do in addition to the lip filler. Botox to fix my forehead lines, and cheek filler to boost my cheekbones and address my nasiolabial lines, and chin filler to help achieve the “golden ratio”.

I had never before considered that there was anything wrong with my bone structure and my chin was never ever paid a passing thought!

it is easy see how folk fall down the slippery slope of addiction when such manipulative tactics are employed by powerful practitioners and vulnerable women.

out of sheer principle I’ll never darken the doors of a Therapie again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Managed to get some of this before it went out of stock again everywhere. Gets hyped up a lot as a dupe for Tilbury Magic Cream. I got the eye cream too. I used the eye cream last night, no sensitivity probs. Tried the moisturiser today, I think I will only use in the morning - supposed to be a good primer. I will see if I react. I am expecting the miracles they promise. Anyone else tried it?

Reactions: 2
Anybody tried this?

It was mentioned on This Morning yesterday. Gets stonking reviews. You can get it on Cult Beauty and other UK sites.
Yes. I bought the small size that’s £9 (I think) from Cult Beauty a while back when it first came out just to try - it’s absolutely tiny 😂 But you only use about 3 or 4 drops at a time.

It’s fine, my hair felt good and looked nice and smooth afterwards. But, as for the claims it reverses damage, nah. I have coloured hair (lightened and highlights) and nothing can repair the damage. A deep conditioner helps smooth the cuticles back down, etc. but I’ve learned to be sceptical.

I’d say go for the mini size to try it first before you commit.

For me, I’ve gone back to a good leave in conditioner / treatment. It’s a 10 and the Beauty Works 10 in 1 are both really good.

Reactions: 4
so, I went to that particular clinic a few years ago to get lip filler. I was asked why I was interested in filler and what my expectations were. I said oh I get it done every year, I have big eyes and a fringe and I feel my smaller mouth makes my face look out of balance. I like to enhance my lips to try and make sense of my face!

The male doctor then spent the duration of the appointment telling me all the other things I should do in addition to the lip filler. Botox to fix my forehead lines, and cheek filler to boost my cheekbones and address my nasiolabial lines, and chin filler to help achieve the “golden ratio”.

I had never before considered that there was anything wrong with my bone structure and my chin was never ever paid a passing thought!

it is easy see how folk fall down the slippery slope of addiction when such manipulative tactics are employed by powerful practitioners and vulnerable women.

out of sheer principle I’ll never darken the doors of a Therapie again.
Wow that's awful! I've seen 2 different women doctors and both were very professional and didn't try to upsell. Actually one talked me down from getting 2ml in my lips to 1.5ml bc she said it would be too much & she assured me I still have previous filler still in them.
I feel like I got lucky so maybe it would be a good idea to go for a consult and make sure you feel alright with the particular doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anybody tried this?

It was mentioned on This Morning yesterday. Gets stonking reviews. You can get it on Cult Beauty and other UK sites.
Yes iv used it, it works while you use it but as soon as you stop your hair goes back to its original problem she the damage is still there, to be honest I think it’s just masking the problem and not actually repairing i. So unless you have loads of money and are happy to pay for it as I feel it would be a treatment that you would need to continue then go for it

Reactions: 4
Any recommendations for natural looking tanning drops that aren’t too expensive please? Thank you 😊
I use the Aldi lacura tanning drops, just mix with your moisturiser and apply. Gives me a nice healthy glow and a bit of colour. Just be careful around your hairline cos itl stick and go orange haha. I also love the utan gradual face spray, pricey but often on offer in superdrug

• Heart
I use the Aldi lacura tanning drops, just mix with your moisturiser and apply. Gives me a nice healthy glow and a bit of colour. Just be careful around your hairline cos itl stick and go orange haha. I also love the utan gradual face spray, pricey but often on offer in superdrug
Great thank you 😊

Any recommendations for a reasonably affordable lengthening waterproof Mascara?

I currently use Isehan Heroine Make Long & Curl and I really rate it - it's super waterproof and definitely lengthens without looking comical.

Just wondering what else is out there as I'll need to reorder soon and noticed that the price has gone up by £2.06.

Any recommendations for a reasonably affordable lengthening waterproof Mascara?

I currently use Isehan Heroine Make Long & Curl and I really rate it - it's super waterproof and definitely lengthens without looking comical.

Just wondering what else is out there as I'll need to reorder soon and noticed that the price has gone up by £2.06.
I’ve tried loads in the hope of finding the holy grail of mascara but I always go back to Max Factor waterproof false lash effect.

Reactions: 3
Hour Glass but it’s horribly expensive
You can get travel sizes if you want to try out the mascara. All their stuff is v.expensive. Back in the day when I spend stupid money on cosmetics I bought a few of their ambient powders and a palette of blushers etc. I still use them, and they are lovely but oh so pricy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tubing mascara below 12 quid?

I currently wear No 7 Stay Perfect, and it was indeed perfect but they have now changed it. I always buy a black and a brown and still have the old brown version and a new version in black. (They have also brought out a Volumizing one in the new tubing range which I have also tried and dismissed). The formula of the new one is not good - the reviews on their website are full of people damning the new version and asking them to revert to the old one.

My fall back is Clinique Lash Power but I resent spending the money on it.

• Heart
You can get travel sizes if you want to try out the mascara. All their stuff is v.expensive. Back in the day when I spend stupid money on cosmetics I bought a few of their ambient powders and a palette of blushers etc. I still use them, and they are lovely but oh so pricy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tubing mascara below 12 quid?

I currently wear No 7 Stay Perfect, and it was indeed perfect but they have now changed it. I always buy a black and a brown and still have the old brown version and a new version in black. (They have also brought out a Volumizing one in the new tubing range which I have also tried and dismissed). The formula of the new one is not good - the reviews on their website are full of people damning the new version and asking them to revert to the old one.

My fall back is Clinique Lash Power but I resent spending the money on it.
Not a tubing mascara but I’ve been using the L’Oréal Double Extension and like it. I’m also a fan of Lash Power but haven’t used it for ages and been experimenting with lots of cheaper ones, most have been a disappointment. I like the L’Oréal one because it comes off really easily, I noticed a gap in my lashes and think it was from using mascaras that are difficult to get off and rubbing with a cotton pad. Feel this one is nursing them back to health.

Reactions: 1
Re tanning drops, I like the Primark ones to add to moisturiser. I also use the False Lash Queen mascara, great for everyday and Lancome Hypnose for going out.

• Heart
Not a tubing mascara but I’ve been using the L’Oréal Double Extension and like it. I’m also a fan of Lash Power but haven’t used it for ages and been experimenting with lots of cheaper ones, most have been a disappointment. I like the L’Oréal one because it comes off really easily, I noticed a gap in my lashes and think it was from using mascaras that are difficult to get off and rubbing with a cotton pad. Feel this one is nursing them back to health.
That is why I like tubing ones. I hate eye make up removers. Tried loads, they seems to disagree with my eyes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.