Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OGX isn't great - I found that it weighed my hair down and didn't help. I'm in a similar position with hair; it used to be my crowning glory too.
I remember reading an article about how your hair changes (texture etc.) due to hormonal changes, as we age. After I crossed my mid-20s, my hair texture became rougher, loses thickness beyond a certain length and my curl pattern changed (it's gotten tighter and not as soft as before)
Yeah mine is definitely age related. I have always had a weird head of hair in as much the top layers were naturally blond and silky smooth, the bottom layers was coarser and darker. I also had loads of hair. All you could see was the nice blond stuff, the coatser stuff was hidden. Jump forward to now, the sides of my hair are still blond and smooth (but not as smooth as before) but as I have aged I have lost volume of hair. So now the coarser under layer is now the hair at the back and it has got even coarser and strange textured, it has lost its silky top coat. Its a pain in the arse. I also have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp - which also got worse as I age. So every other shampoo is with a special shampoo which makes it even dryer.

Sorry for the long boring post. My hair is boring me now. Sick of looking at it. Its a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah mine is definitely age related. I have always had a weird head of hair in as much the top layers were naturally blond and silky smooth, the bottom layers was coarser and darker. I also had loads of hair. All you could see was the nice blond stuff, the coatser stuff was hidden. Jump forward to now, the sides of my hair are still blond and smooth (but not as smooth as before) but as I have aged I have lost volume of hair. So now the coarser under layer is now the hair at the back and it has got even coarser and strange textured, it has lost its silky top coat. Its a pain in the arse. I also have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp - which also got worse as I age. So every other shampoo is with a special shampoo which makes it even dryer.

Sorry for the long boring post. My hair is boring me now. Sick of looking at it. Its a mess.

Have you tried Glycolic acid based scalp serums or even just a glycolic toner on the scalp? AHAs are good for SD symptoms and general scalp issues actually as they break down the bonds that keep dead skin cells knocking about. Inkey List do a glycolic acid scalp serum for about £13 or I've heard of people using The Ordinary Glycolic toner.
Maybe worth doing a mix of aha on the scalp with a smoothing mask like Olaplex 8 or Moroccanoil on the lengths and ends once or twice a week?

Reactions: 6
Have you tried Glycolic acid based scalp serums or even just a glycolic toner on the scalp? AHAs are good for SD symptoms and general scalp issues actually as they break down the bonds that keep dead skin cells knocking about. Inkey List do a glycolic acid scalp serum for about £13 or I've heard of people using The Ordinary Glycolic toner.
Maybe worth doing a mix of aha on the scalp with a smoothing mask like Olaplex 8 or Moroccanoil on the lengths and ends once or twice a week?
Will investigate.👍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Definitely try glycolic acid on the scalp! Someone here recommended it to me after I lamented about my seborrhoeic eczema and I have the The Ordinary one at home. It helped tons and didn't even dry out the hair, unlike some other treatments I tried.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Will investigate.👍
They have the inkey list and ordinary in Boots if that helps at all!
Let us know how you get on 💜

Definitely try glycolic acid on the scalp! Someone here recommended it to me after I lamented about my seborrhoeic eczema and I have the The Ordinary one at home. It helped tons and didn't even dry out the hair, unlike some other treatments I tried.
Good lord I absolutely love glycolic acid!
It seems to have fallen out of fashion a bit skincare wise and replaced by retinol but I think it's absolutely wonderful stuff

They have the inkey list and ordinary in Boots if that helps at all!
Let us know how you get on 💜

Good lord I absolutely love glycolic acid!
It seems to have fallen out of fashion a bit skincare wise and replaced by retinol but I think it's absolutely wonderful stuff
If you have coloured hair, do you know if a glycolic acid scalp treatment would affect the hair colour ? I’d love to try, but don’t want to risk ruining my colour job in the process 😂

If you have coloured hair, do you know if a glycolic acid scalp treatment would affect the hair colour ? I’d love to try, but don’t want to risk ruining my colour job in the process 😂
Depends when you last did it from what I've seen, but a week after should be ok! My scalp scrub has never altered my balayage if that's any helpful point of reference x

Depends when you last did it from what I've seen, but a week after should be ok! My scalp scrub has never altered my balayage if that's any helpful point of reference x
Thanks so much. I’ve got some Ordinary Glycolic Toner in the cupboard so I reckon I’ll give it a go.

@House of Tea I like Revolution's Salicylic Acid scalp clarifying shampoo. It says it's for oily hair but I don't find it harsh. I just use whichever conditioner I feel I need afterwards. My balding OH likes it as it makes his "head fluff" (what he calls his hair) seem less flimsy.
https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/uk...clarifying-shampoo-for-oily-hair/1454988.html

I have also used glycolic acid on my scalp. @Shineyshine it made no diffference to my hair colour, but gave it a surprising lift and volume. I use Nip + Fab 6%, put on roots with cotton pad and left overnight. (My hair is fine, straight and coloured).

Reactions: 5
@House of Tea I like Revolution's Salicylic Acid scalp clarifying shampoo. It says it's for oily hair but I don't find it harsh. I just use whichever conditioner I feel I need afterwards. My balding OH likes it as it makes his "head fluff" (what he calls his hair) seem less flimsy.
https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/uk...clarifying-shampoo-for-oily-hair/1454988.html

I have also used glycolic acid on my scalp. @Shineyshine it made no diffference to my hair colour, but gave it a surprising lift and volume. I use Nip + Fab 6%, put on roots with cotton pad and left overnight. (My hair is fine, straight and coloured).
Fancy seeing you here 😉

Thanksfor that.

• Haha
Is anyone here in Dublin? I’m thinking of Botox but no idea who is actually reputable. Also have no idea if Botox hurts?

Is anyone here in Dublin? I’m thinking of Botox but no idea who is actually reputable. Also have no idea if Botox hurts?
Yeap, Therapie on south William street D2 is where I go. It is an actual Doctor that does the injections so that made me feel safe. I've gotten both botox & lip fillers from there and am super happy with how it's all turned out. Other peoples reviews for there online that I've read are good too.
They use a numbing cream & honestly I barely feel anything, at most it's just a little butterfly pinch.
They have a deal at mo that is 3 areas of botox for price of 2. It has been on for months and does return fairly regular.
Prices in general around Dublin all seem to be about the same. So I feel they are just good safe place to go.

Yeap, Therapie on south William street D2 is where I go. It is an actual Doctor that does the injections so that made me feel safe. I've gotten both botox & lip fillers from there and am super happy with how it's all turned out. Other peoples reviews for there online that I've read are good too.
They use a numbing cream & honestly I barely feel anything, at most it's just a little butterfly pinch.
They have a deal at mo that is 3 areas of botox for price of 2. It has been on for months and does return fairly regular.
Prices in general around Dublin all seem to be about the same. So I feel they are just good safe place to go.
Thanks, I heard mixed reports about Therapies laser machines in the past but I’ll look into their Botox. Might be too late for me really as I’m early 40s but worth a chat at least!

Thanks, I heard mixed reports about Therapies laser machines in the past but I’ll look into their Botox. Might be too late for me really as I’m early 40s but worth a chat at least!
There’s a thread on Botox 🙂

There’s a thread on Botox 🙂
Excellent - thanks so much!

Anybody tried this?

It was mentioned on This Morning yesterday. Gets stonking reviews. You can get it on Cult Beauty and other UK sites.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.