Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was at TK Maxx yesterday and saw loads of Sukin products - is there anything you can recommend? I have a gift card for the shopping center the TK Maxx is in and haven't seen anything I like yet, but those products looked nice enough.

Reactions: 1
I was at TK Maxx yesterday and saw loads of Sukin products - is there anything you can recommend? I have a gift card for the shopping center the TK Maxx is in and haven't seen anything I like yet, but those products looked nice enough.
The hair scrub is nice. Not good for medical scalp problems but just a treat for the head.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been using the body shop eye makeup remover for donkeys years. It’s currently out of stock near me so I’m struggling to find an alternative

Hi all. Im loving these threads, spent most of last night and this morning reading the first one, added lots of goodies to my wish list!

Can anyone recommend an eyebrow tint in taupe/ash brown? I’ve tried several and they’re always too warm/too dark. My natural brows are very ashy blonde/grey tones and I really struggle to find a good match! TIA!

The cleansing oil is nice! I got one in tkmaxx a few months ago and it’s lovely

• Heart
Hi all. Im loving these threads, spent most of last night and this morning reading the first one, added lots of goodies to my wish list!

Can anyone recommend an eyebrow tint in taupe/ash brown? I’ve tried several and they’re always too warm/too dark. My natural brows are very ashy blonde/grey tones and I really struggle to find a good match! TIA!
I have very dark eyebrows but the same problem in that they’re cool toned and dark brown/black products are always too warm and orangey. I’ve used NYX in the past and currently have a Revolution one. The lighter shades might be cool toned if the darker ones are.

Schwarzkopf Brow Tint in Dark Blonde is fantastic and very cheap on Amazon atm (around £2!!!). I was nervous applying it the first time because I was worried it would go too dark, but I found a video of someone applying it on YouTube and followed their steps. I think recommended time was 8 mins but I left it for only 5, because you can always apply it again for a darker look.

Also, you only need half the recommended amount and you still have some left over, so although the product description says 10 uses, you can easily get 20 or more out of it.

Reactions: 2
Guys what is a tubing mascara?! I’ve never heard of this ?! am I literally old now
I never wore mascara until tubing came along. It used to run or flake. Tubing stops that (rarely smudges or runs even in rain etc), plus it is removed with warm water.

• Heart
I never wore mascara until tubing came along. It used to run or flake. Tubing stops that (rarely smudges or runs even in rain etc), plus it is removed with warm water.
Thanks never heard of this
I thought it meant it was in some new fancy tube 🤓😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel so behind the times asking this but can anyone do like a "fake tan for dummies" post? :ROFLMAO:

I have the Bondi Sands foam but I've only ever used it on my legs, just so I don't blind everyone with how pale they are. I also had their gradual tan in the past which I quite liked and will probably pick up again.

I'm naturally very pale and just want a bit of a glow rather than looking like I've spent six months on a beach! I'm cool toned so also want to avoid looking orange.

Please send me any tips - best brands, how to apply it to those hard to reach areas (I live alone), removal/reapplication, literally anything and everything!

Reactions: 3
I feel so behind the times asking this but can anyone do like a "fake tan for dummies" post? :ROFLMAO:

I have the Bondi Sands foam but I've only ever used it on my legs, just so I don't blind everyone with how pale they are. I also had their gradual tan in the past which I quite liked and will probably pick up again.

I'm naturally very pale and just want a bit of a glow rather than looking like I've spent six months on a beach! I'm cool toned so also want to avoid looking orange.

Please send me any tips - best brands, how to apply it to those hard to reach areas (I live alone), removal/reapplication, literally anything and everything!
Bellamianta have a scrub and an exfoliating mitt you can use first before tanning to make sure your skin is primed for the tan.
then you use a velvet glove to rub the fake tan on in circular motions. Some organized people put moisturizer on those dodgy dry areas like elbows ,ankles and knees to stop the tan gathering there.
bellamianta often have deals online, If you check their insta they have ‘how to’ videos that are useful.

Iv recommended Mario badescu drying lotion before and the poster had great success with it. As soon as you feel a spot coming up pop it on and it won't even turn into anything. If you put it on existing spots it will calm them down and literally clear them overnight. It's a bit more pricey but worth every penny. Lasts ages too.
Ooh I think I was the poster (haven’t been in here for a lil bit just having a read through now!) but yes 100% recommend. Those nasty juicy once a month spots it has SUCH a good job on, and seems to stop them spreading too much. Definitely gets them down to two days instead of four-five for me!

Does anyone have any recomendations for hormonal acne? The week before I come on my period the same side of my chin is just awful. It really gets me down and make me feel so self conscious, I cant put make up on it as it makes it worse and looks crusty.
Replying to this late but I highly recommend 'La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Moisturiser for Sensitive Blemish-Prone Skin' for hormonal acne.
I have really problematic skin but if I consistently use that moisturiser on my chin and middle of my forehead, I feel it calms the deep, hormone type spots before they get really nasty. I had to use it sparingly to start because it seemed harsh but i can't be without it now!

I'm always noseying on this thread because I never feel put together.. I feel like it's just not in my blood, no matter how hard I try 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Schwarzkopf Brow Tint in Dark Blonde is fantastic and very cheap on Amazon atm (around £2!!!). I was nervous applying it the first time because I was worried it would go too dark, but I found a video of someone applying it on YouTube and followed their steps. I think recommended time was 8 mins but I left it for only 5, because you can always apply it again for a darker look.

Also, you only need half the recommended amount and you still have some left over, so although the product description says 10 uses, you can easily get 20 or more out of it.
Heading to Amazon now, thanks for the recommendation!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.