Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bellamianta have a scrub and an exfoliating mitt you can use first before tanning to make sure your skin is primed for the tan.
then you use a velvet glove to rub the fake tan on in circular motions. Some organized people put moisturizer on those dodgy dry areas like elbows ,ankles and knees to stop the tan gathering there.
bellamianta often have deals online, If you check their insta they have ‘how to’ videos that are useful.
Perfect, I will take a look, thank you!

Reactions: 1
Hi lovelies, any tips for microblading, what to ask for, how to find good practitioners etc? I know there are few different techniques e.g. powder, combination but I'm a bit clueless!

I feel like it's not as popular as it was and I don't want to end up with fake looking brows! But I'd also love for them to look nice and filled in (in a natural-ish way) and I don't think I suit fluffy brows or other trends. Thanks ❤

I’ve been wanting to try a lash primer - what one do you use?
The Benefit one, only comes in brown but I really like it. Your lashes stay soft all day too as you can add mascara for an evening look.

• Heart
what does everyone do with their upper lip hair? i never usually do anything but it seems to have grown and thus needs to be removed

• Heart
what does everyone do with their upper lip hair? i never usually do anything but it seems to have grown and thus needs to be removed
I hate mine! It dares to have an olive undertone and looks like a mustache, gah!
I get it waxed when I get a facial and I use one of those small eyebrow razors to keep on top of it if I can't go to the salon in time. That does the job quite well and you get a little peeling on top of it, too. I sometimes do my whole face to get rid of the peach fluff.
I have had some electrolysis done on it and am considering getting all of it done, but heck, that really hurt. Way more than chin hair did (which also just seems to grow more, maybe I should indeed get my hormones checked).

• Heart
My IPL arrived today so I’ve done my first session, I cant wait to start seeing some results🌝

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi lovelies, any tips for microblading, what to ask for, how to find good practitioners etc? I know there are few different techniques e.g. powder, combination but I'm a bit clueless!

I feel like it's not as popular as it was and I don't want to end up with fake looking brows! But I'd also love for them to look nice and filled in (in a natural-ish way) and I don't think I suit fluffy brows or other trends. Thanks ❤
I had a look to see what was available locally. Looked at reviews, photos of their work was vital! I went for a well-known microblader (in my area, there's a waiting list) and just went for it. Initial consultation was where she drew the temporary brow to see if we were both in agreement and then the actual microblading took place a few weeks later.
Interestingly, I was recommended a top up for 9-12 months time and 2 years later they've held up pretty well. So I haven't had any refills.
In a nutshell, shop around, ask people you know who did their eyebrows, get on SM to look at pics, reviews and aftercare.

There are a few options you could do:

1) Bleach it. The brand I've used in past was called Jolen. I'm fairly certain you can get it from Pharmacy or online. Lightens the hair to make it less obvious. Don't leave it on too long cos it will burn!

2) Exfoliating mitts. I like these a lot. Boots used to sell them but I haven't seen them in store in a while. Amazon has lots of them for super cheap & there is lots in most packs. Basically it is kind of like sandpaper and you buff the upper lip in circular motions and it makes the hair go away. Don't put too much pressure at first bc it can be too rough but you'll know yourself as you're doing it. Tbh I use mine everyday so it never grows back, it so quick & easy.

3) Wax. You could try wax it either at home or in salon. Salon could be expensive in long run though and personally I don't like that you have to let the hair grow back in order for it to be waxed.

4) Facial razor. Those little hand held battery razors, Quick & easy. Shaving doesn't make the hair grow thicker, it just makes the hair blunt. Handy that you can just do a quick top up as needed.

5) Threading. It's good when done correct but it does hurt a little bit, all the hairs get plucked out & upper lip is surprisingly sensitive. Again if you go get it done in salon it could work out expensive. Benefits over waxing would be in case you're allergic to wax & also some people feel that repeat waxing damages the muscles in the face making them sag and so they feel threading is better in that regard. You can get these spring threading tools off amazon for super cheap & do it yourself at home. It is easy to use and it catches all the hair, even the ones you can't see.

I hope one of these is helpful for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wax it myself about once a month, I use Veet face wax strips and it takes one minute. I put BHA on after so I don't get any spots and that's it, so easy!

Wax! Got a mylee wax kit and do it every 3/4 weeks along with my eyebrows. Can’t face waxing anywhere else mind, brings tears to my eyes 😂

I used to wax it myself years ago, but then I had IPL and have never looked back. It hardly grows at all now, and if I get an odd hair I can give it a quick zap and it’s gone again.

Reactions: 3
thanks! i think I’ll try out waxing as it’s actually quite cheap in my local salon 😮. I have quite a low pain tolerance so I don’t think epilatings for me 🤣

Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap but good vitamin C serum?

I am nearing the end of my current one, the mdik8 one which i love, but its quite pricey and i can’t justify the cost, I definitely notice the difference when i don’t use vitamin C so I don’t want to cut it out, just need a cheaper alternative.

P.s not the ordinary one though as that doesn’t agree with my skin

I am nearing the end of my current one, the mdik8 one which i love, but its quite pricey and i can’t justify the cost, I definitely notice the difference when i don’t use vitamin C so I don’t want to cut it out, just need a cheaper alternative.

A lot of people rate Superdrug’s own brand - I’ve not tried it myself, but my friend started using it and was happy with it.

Reactions: 2

i use the ole henriksen one but the boots own one is very similar and way cheaper

I’ve got really sensitive dry skin. I really like Childs Farm moisturiser, it’s for baby’s with eczema. I was so sensitive recently that my face was so itchy, red, hot that the only thing I could attempt to put on my face was Avene thermal spray. (It had come with an starter pack I’d bought but not tried yet). Yes I know it’s just water but it was a God send! Any way skin is now ok so I thought I’d try Hyaluronic Acid, any recommendations? I’ve been watching a dermatologist called Dr Shereene Idriss on YouTube I never really knew the reasons behind different acids. It’s really fascinating.

I was using the Sunday Reily one which I loved but was costly so I’m currently trying the la Roche posey one and I’m liking it so far!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.