Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not really into big lashes but I had a gap for some reason. It came on suddenly and lashes wouldn’t grow in the gap. I used the TAlika one (this was years ago, there wasn’t that much choice then) and it did do the job. Lashes grew in the gap. I stopped using it once they grew back in the gap. Not a scientific example but I think it evidences that these serums do work.

Does anyone have any tips on looking groomed with natural products/techniques? I became sick a few years ago and discovered it was due to the volume of plastics in my life (hair care, nails, make up, kitchenware) I’ve been too afraid to use anything for a long time but postpartum am starting to look noticeably tired and dishevelled compared to the other nursery mums, if anyone has recommendations for products or lifestyle changes I would be super grateful!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Never heard of bra liners, is it for under boob area?
Yes, I hate under boob sweat so much. Those liner things have made such a difference - very easy to clean as well. I got a packet of 10 on Amazon x

Does anyone have any tips on looking groomed with natural products/techniques? I became sick a few years ago and discovered it was due to the volume of plastics in my life (hair care, nails, make up, kitchenware) I’ve been too afraid to use anything for a long time but postpartum am starting to look noticeably tired and dishevelled compared to the other nursery mums, if anyone has recommendations for products or lifestyle changes I would be super grateful!
There are some good Ayuverdic beauty and overall health tips you could look into, as they mostly use natural products, oils, plants, etc.
Mix 1/2 a tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt with a tiny pinch of turmeric (use less depending on your skin tone, so that you don't look like a character from The Simpsons) and almond oil (I use 1/2 a teaspoon). Apply it to your face, neck and clavicle area, then wash off after 5-10 mins using cool water - it's a good homemade mask that can give your skin a lovely glow. For fuller eyebrows, dip a spoolie into castor oil and lightly comb it into your eyebrows (it takes time but it's a nice way to encourage hair growth). You could also massage hair oil into your scalp once a week to boost circulation (I recommend the one from Fable & Mane; it's really helped my hair look and feel healthier)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve used very single lash serum on the market I think! I shiver to think how much I’ve spent. But the one I have been using for last two years is iGlow. It’s incredible. Honestly my lashes are almost too long. I cannot recommend enough and it’s not very pricy compared to others at higher end. Also good for my sensitive eyes. I got very bad styes from others in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve used very single lash serum on the market I think! I shiver to think how much I’ve spent. But the one I have been using for last two years is iGlow. It’s incredible. Honestly my lashes are almost too long. I cannot recommend enough and it’s not very pricy compared to others at higher end. Also good for my sensitive eyes. I got very bad styes from others in the past.
Yes I got really bad styes when I used rapid lash a few years ago and it kind of put me off using lash serums, then I plucked up the courage and tried uk lash and it’s been brilliant plus the results are good too.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So I’m trying to look more put together. There are many areas I want to work on, but for now I’m focussing on hair. I’m trying to make some sort of carousel with hairstyles. Maybe even taking a picture of them or writing them down, so I can look back on styles that work. For now I have:

ponytail, with bangs twisted away
Sleek low bun with defined part
Loose hair with the front pieces clipped back
Loose with one side pinned away

how do people wear their hair loose all day? I don’t know how to wear it like that and not get tangled up or sweaty.

(Sorry for bad grammar and english)

Thought this might be of interest, this was in the Sunday Times Style mag. She is the beauty director and also does beauty on This Morning tv.

06CB9BC3-721E-431B-8E12-8404C2337C8C.jpeg
098232E1-A3EE-4ECB-A0D6-7EDDEC315F6E.jpeg
022C7441-9B62-48D7-9178-DDB1A95A984D.jpeg
C38395F4-3203-4AEF-9401-E91E926E0BC3.jpeg
A003CD6B-029F-438D-B5F3-A91798E7F821.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So I’m trying to look more put together. There are many areas I want to work on, but for now I’m focussing on hair. I’m trying to make some sort of carousel with hairstyles. Maybe even taking a picture of them or writing them down, so I can look back on styles that work. For now I have:

ponytail, with bangs twisted away
Sleek low bun with defined part
Loose hair with the front pieces clipped back
Loose with one side pinned away

how do people wear their hair loose all day? I don’t know how to wear it like that and not get tangled up or sweaty.

(Sorry for bad grammar and english)
i have no hair advice as mine is a very short bob that doesn’t do anything but one style!

however I needed to tell you that your grammar and overall English is perfect so please don’t worry

• Heart
i have no hair advice as mine is a very short bob that doesn’t do anything but one style!

however I needed to tell you that your grammar and overall English is perfect so please don’t worry
Literally the exact same comment I just came to post!

• Heart
Is there such a product to help with head/hair sweat? 🤢 my hairs really thick and just below shoulder length. I get the hairdresser to thin out as much as possible to take the bulk off but it doesn't really help. The bottom half of my head ends up drenched in sweat even from just doing housework, it's been unbearable during the heat too and I'm so self conscious of it. No matter what hairstyle I do, my hair ends up soaked in sweat, its disgusting 🤮 I've been looking into undercuts but everyone keeps saying I'd regret it and hate the regrowth but if it solves my problem then I don't really care!

Reactions: 2
I'm back with more news of beauty deals

Allbeauty has got an overnight sale on, I've just ordered Olaplex no.3 for £15

• Wow
Reactions: 12
As I age my hair texture has changed. Rougher, thinner, tangles and knots where there were none before. I have come to dread combing my hair through when wet. My normal wide tooth comb no longer did anything. So I bought a wet brush, Tangle Teezer which I have been using for a while. It has made it 75 % better. However just spent £25 quid on a Manta brush. So worth it. Glides through my hair with ease, can be used on dry and wet hair. It claims to reduce hair coming out, and smoothing the hair down. I would say yes to the former, haven’t noticed the latter.

I got the basic one, they do another one with a mirror (not worth it) and one that is about 20 quid more, which seems excessive and gimmicky.

I got mine from Amazon if you are interested but they are sold in lots of places, including the manufacturer themselves.

Amazon product

Reactions: 9
As I age my hair texture has changed. Rougher, thinner, tangles and knots where there were none before.
Same here - previously straight hair, still thick but now about a 2b curl as it gets greyer. My Denman brush is still good on it and I try to only brush just before washing twice a week so the curls stay in their casts rather than turning into Captain Caveman.

I'm really looking for decent conditioner, my current Hask Argan and Shea Moisture fruit fusion mask (discontinued) mixture is ok - At least it works for keeping the worst of the tangles at bay. I miss my old shiny hair and don't want to buy any more duff conditioners (I'm looking at you, OGX)

Same here - previously straight hair, still thick but now about a 2b curl as it gets greyer. My Denman brush is still good on it and I try to only brush just before washing twice a week so the curls stay in their casts rather than turning into Captain Caveman.

I'm really looking for decent conditioner, my current Hask Argan and Shea Moisture fruit fusion mask (discontinued) mixture is ok - At least it works for keeping the worst of the tangles at bay. I miss my old shiny hair and don't want to buy any more duff conditioners (I'm looking at you, OGX)
I have just ordered the small trial sizes of Moroccanoil Light oil, weightless mask and shampoo and conditioner. If this proves no use I am conceding defeat with my hair. I have spent so much time and effort and £ recently trying to revert my hair back to how it used to be. I am just going to use up all the many products, and just keep it tied up. Ageing is not for sissies, whoever said that had it spot on. My hair used to be my crowning glory. Huh! Not any more!

Reactions: 2
OGX isn't great - I found that it weighed my hair down and didn't help. I'm in a similar position with hair; it used to be my crowning glory too.
I remember reading an article about how your hair changes (texture etc.) due to hormonal changes, as we age. After I crossed my mid-20s, my hair texture became rougher, loses thickness beyond a certain length and my curl pattern changed (it's gotten tighter and not as soft as before)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.