Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does anyone wear make up in this heat? I see people with full make up, eyeshadow, liner, lipstick etc and wonder how? I’m constantly wiping sweat off me!
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - the best

On a budget elf Matte one (in black bottle) - a credible alternative

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This was mentioned on the last thread… but I really hate dressing for summer 😖 I’ve got up earlier than usual to get ready because I know I will hate everything I put on. Doesn’t help that I lost half a stone earlier this year (a holiday was motivation) and I’ve put it all back on and a couple of pounds more. I wish this heatwave would piss off. 🫣I can’t even wear jeans because they’re nipping me. Please tell me to get a grip 😂 dressing for summer does not come naturally for me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This was mentioned on the last thread… but I really hate dressing for summer 😖 I’ve got up earlier than usual to get ready because I know I will hate everything I put on. Doesn’t help that I lost half a stone earlier this year (a holiday was motivation) and I’ve put it all back on and a couple of pounds more. I wish this heatwave would piss off. 🫣I can’t even wear jeans because they’re nipping me. Please tell me to get a grip 😂 dressing for summer does not come naturally for me.
My dressing mojo goes out the window in hot weather too. I console myself, its just a few days really.

Reactions: 5
I feel exactly the same every year I dread it. I’m a size 10 but I swellup in the heat. I have no advice only that I feel you

Reactions: 6
How does anyone wear make up in this heat? I see people with full make up, eyeshadow, liner, lipstick etc and wonder how? I’m constantly wiping sweat off me!
Trinny spf 30 comes in different shades I find really good. I put it on top of my usual factor 50 in summer and on it’s own in winter. It’s not full coverage but it’s buildable, and you can add concealer. After that all I can stand in this heat is maybe a bit of mascara and some lip balm.

Also feel this, feel completely unlike myself. It’s shorts and a sports bra, no makeup and avoiding going out for me. If I absolutely have to then something loose and cool that won’t show sweat marks too much (I always regret wearing jeans when it was hot and I was younger, I was still self conscious but then also on fire), a high bun, and I always have a handheld electric fan with me. I hate arriving places looking frazzled and this in the heat makes a huge difference to me.

As I’m getting older I’m realising in this weather people aren’t thinking about what anyone else is wearing unless you look cool and comfy and they’re just wishing they’d dressed the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Trinny spf 30 comes in different shades I find really good. I put it on top of my usual factor 50 in summer and on it’s own in winter. It’s not full coverage but it’s buildable, and you can add concealer. After that all I can stand in this heat is maybe a bit of mascara and some lip balm.
I keep seeing Trinny on my IG and am curious what they are like, have you tried the make up?

Today I am wearing flimsy blue cropped trousers and a fitness workout tshirt that is good when you get hot. Hair in high pony. Concealer, mascara, blusher, powder, carmex. I look tit

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bringing this comment from last thread:

I really want electrolysis but I’ve been told you have to let the hair grow between sessions and I’m just not prepared to go around with think black hairs on my chin! I don’t want to shave either for laser. How do you get around that?

I go every 3 wks and use one of those dermaplaning face razors as needed til I’ve got 3-4 days before my appt and then I try to stay working from home or just wear a surgical mask if I have to go out (I always time it so it’s not over a weekend or I’d get too self conscious). Those few days do feel kind of uncomfortable but with every session there are less and less hairs and knowing that it’s gonna be permanent makes it feel worth it, though I can see why it’d be enough to put someone off!

Adding to the lip product recs: Dior Addict Lip Glow in rosewood is my favourite- not clear but a my lips but better tint. Their lip oils are wonderful too
I get electrolysis and find it great, the hair is plucked out after it is zapped so you do get say a Week before any show again, when I first started I was going every week, to get it under control - about €15 for 15 mins but she would get all the hairs in that time, now I am just at maintenance stage. The mask was great to hide any regrow this but to be fair mine was so bad that the regrow they was minor in my eyes.

I'm not a summer dresser ,I tend to wear jeans all year . When it's really hot I wear linen trousers instead. Places like next and m& s sell them for about 20 quid , and often have have elasticated waists so good for fluctuations. ( probably a linen mix)
Natural fibres are best in hot weather, so a cotton tshirt or vest.

I keep seeing Trinny on my IG and am curious what they are like, have you tried the make up?
Yes I’ve got a few bits. I like it. For face I’ve tried the spf and the concealer, and rate them both. Ive got a couple of the eyeshadows in neutral shades, and one of the sheer shimmers for lips. I find I need a primer under the eyeshadows but I do with all eyeshadows whatever the brand as I have oily lids, but the colours are great. The lip product is nice too, I find it brightening.

I also find the stacking of the pots really handy. They click together so storage is easy, I can always find them, and they are quick to chuck in a makeup bag if going on a trip. When you buy the spf they even give you an extra little pot to decant into for travel.

Also you get to pick your own samples (including shade of foundation) when you order online.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm the same. I hate this heat and where I live, it's already in the high 30s (we aren't built for this lol). My whole body bloats and I feel so gross, uncomfortable etc. I got some lovely, loose summery cotton dresses from Zara, and they have really helped me in these horrible hot days. They come in gorgeous colours with pretty prints and feel nice on your skin too. I tie my hair into a loose pineapple and then drape satiny scarf over my hairline to keep it under control (it's very curly and frizzes in the humidity). I also got some cotton bra liners that soak up sweat and have really helped in this heat (I can't go braless, as much as I would love to!)

I'm the same. I hate this heat and where I live, it's already in the high 30s (we aren't built for this lol). My whole body bloats and I feel so gross, uncomfortable etc. I got some lovely, loose summery cotton dresses from Zara, and they have really helped me in these horrible hot days. They come in gorgeous colours with pretty prints and feel nice on your skin too. I tie my hair into a loose pineapple and then drape satiny scarf over my hairline to keep it under control (it's very curly and frizzes in the humidity). I also got some cotton bra liners that soak up sweat and have really helped in this heat (I can't go braless, as much as I would love to!)
Never heard of bra liners, is it for under boob area?

Reactions: 1
Thought I would place this here, on the previous thread there were a lot of posts about lash serums.
8A8F3A76-8F56-4149-818E-93A21DE27DBC.png

Reactions: 9
Thought I would place this here, on the previous thread there were a lot of posts about lash serums.View attachment 1495996
The fact that Rapidlash isn’t on there is a sin. I saw results with that in just over a month the first time I used it. Thought I’d try something cheaper second time around so went for Mavala but it was meh. Went back to Rapidlash in July and see results already! It’s not even that expensive compared to some plus it’s always on sites that do regular discount codes like Feel Unique and Look Fantastic. Highly recommend!!

I’m using Uklash & I can see a massive difference in the length of my lashes. I was initially sceptical about lash serums but I can honestly say this one works.

• Heart
The fact that Rapidlash isn’t on there is a sin. I saw results with that in just over a month the first time I used it. Thought I’d try something cheaper second time around so went for Mavala but it was meh. Went back to Rapidlash in July and see results already! It’s not even that expensive compared to some plus it’s always on sites that do regular discount codes like Feel Unique and Look Fantastic. Highly recommend!!
Iv been using uklash now for 10 weeks and the difference is noticeable now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.