Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your top tips for chafing elbows? They get dry and little "cuts" that eventually hurt - I'm using a heavy duty hand cream on them now and that's okay for a few hours, but doesn't stop it from happening again and again :rolleyes:

In other news: I rediscovered Biotherm L'eau as a very nice and fresh summer scent. It's not heavy, a bit zesty and has good staying power, but isn't overwhelming. I'm going out for my farewell dinner with colleagues today (job change) and it's extremely hot here, so this is a nice, inoffensive scent for the office that still makes me feel a bit more put together.
Elbows - Weleda Skin Food

Biotherm - I wear that too, the one in the blue bottle. Love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Elegantmistakeofnature. I got rid of all my clothes in The pandemic. I put on loads of weight. I then stared last summer losing the weight. This year I have re built my wardrobe and I love that I have now built up a collection that I’m proud to wear and excited to plan what to wear when I leave the house.
I would start with the basics. A great fitting pair of jeans that suit your shape is a great place to begin with, once you have bought them see if they do them in any other colours such as white or black
Always have a classic black dress in your wardrobe, one that can be dressed up or down and that is well cut, that can be worn with heels or flats. Even if it’s expensive buy it. As it will serve you well over the years. Then same with a decent black pair of trousers.
Different styles and cuts of white blouses/tops, long, short sleeves and ones with that have a interesting collars a mixture of high and low cut necklines.
Find out which colours suit your skin tone and stick to them. I don’t do flowery prints as I feel they are frumpy, but I do spots and animal print.

Pick a couple of style icons and take notice of what they are wearing. For me it’s Duchess of Cambridge and Queen Letizia. I never over buy, but buy quality pieces rather than primark, asos and boohoo.
Finally accessorise but not over so [remember coco Chanel] Take one piece off before leaving the house .

my go to brands are :-

1. Reiss
2. Baujken
3. Mint velvet
4. Hobbs
5. Whistles.
6. For jeans take a look at And/or a John Lewis brand.

Finally happy shopping!
Taking notes, thank you very much!

What are your top tips for chafing elbows? They get dry and little "cuts" that eventually hurt - I'm using a heavy duty hand cream on them now and that's okay for a few hours, but doesn't stop it from happening again and again :rolleyes:

In other news: I rediscovered Biotherm L'eau as a very nice and fresh summer scent. It's not heavy, a bit zesty and has good staying power, but isn't overwhelming. I'm going out for my farewell dinner with colleagues today (job change) and it's extremely hot here, so this is a nice, inoffensive scent for the office that still makes me feel a bit more put together.
Cerave and cethaphil are great for me (I know is for the face but I apply always on hands, feet, neck, ect). Also, I overheard a lady telling to other lady that even when she is not diabetic she uses body cream made for the diabetic because they are super hydrating.

Attachments

I’d like a new perfume that smells ‘ Expensive old money’ if you know what I mean

I like masculine scents or clean or maybe not sure how to describe not fruity

I have molecule 1, Byredos gypsy water and Mojave Ghost and Creed Aventus

any suggestions

Reactions: 3
I’d like a new perfume that smells ‘ Expensive old money’ if you know what I mean

any suggestions
Jo malone myrrh and Yonka or their oud and bergamot one 😍

• Heart

any suggestions
Give Aqua di parma a try. It’s absolutely gorgeous

• Heart
Can anyone help me with patchy spray tan? I got a spray tan today and its gone so patchy. Parts of it haven't developed on my face and neck. I haven't washed the tan off yet but it's a mess. I will be so embarrassed if I can't fix it. If it was my body fine, I can cover it up but not my face. I go on holiday in 2 days. Help!

View attachment 1486324
How is it looking today?

any suggestions
Personal favourites that I think fit this vibe in my mind are Dior Addict and Elie Saab Le Parfum

• Heart

any suggestions
Your post reminded me of this:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
How is it looking today?
It's okay. I can patch it up with tinted moisturiser. My friend's natural skintone is matches my tan so I'll just patch any little spots off. They're mostly just around my jawline so you don't really notice. The real dodgy area is just around my ribcage so no crop tops will be getting packed. Just had to work that around my outfit.

any suggestions
YSL Cinema gets my vote (I wear it and that's one of the reasons I like it haha). I wouldn't say it's masculine though - but definitely not fruity!

When in my 20's, I always had the answer for an outfit for every occasion. I received compliments on my looks. When I entered my 30's I also entered into a style crisis :ROFLMAO: because I started to feel that some pieces were not looking that good anymore on me. Yes, I have gained some weight and I am currently with a exercise routine. But I also feel different. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like my mind told me "YOU ARE 30!, dress according to your age.
So, I went to a local store and bought 5 black t-shirts.

Long story short wearing black t-shirts, gold jewelry, Chanel Mademoiselle, jeans (shorts and long) sneakers and sandals, straight/curled hair turned into my everyday uniform. Today, I went shopping and felt attracted to some items in Banana Republic and Polo Ralph Lauren. I was starring at the mannequins and I saw I whole new world that even though was always in front of me, I never really payed attention to it. I have/am always looked/looking for quality clothes, but is the style that I feel has changed. When I was in my 20's I was trying too hard to look put together and elegant. Now taking a look of some pictures I took, I can see that. But now, feels like it is coming naturally.

I few years back I started exploring minimalism and got rid of a lot clothes. Big mistake and I regret it. I think I got rid of a lot of pieces that would have served me today.

I stopped watching styling videos to clear my mind and start a new wardrobe again.

Has anyone dealt with a styling crisis? Any tips on how to start my new wardrobe? I have some ideas but some good advice is welcome here.
No tips as such but I’m 43 and have really struggled since my mid 30s. I still want to feel like me and am drawn to certain styles that I’ve always liked except now I worry I look like I’m trying to be young…but when I go for other styles, I don’t feel like myself. It’s not fun

Reactions: 2
No tips as such but I’m 43 and have really struggled since my mid 30s. I still want to feel like me and am drawn to certain styles that I’ve always liked except now I worry I look like I’m trying to be young…but when I go for other styles, I don’t feel like myself. It’s not fun
I worry about this too. It’s a minefield. I worry I need to dress more maturely, but then I remind myself of (celeb) women my age who still dress in cool stuff - I think it’s all about finding people of a similar age with a style you like. Easier said than done though! ❤

Reactions: 4
I worry about this too. It’s a minefield. I worry I need to dress more maturely, but then I remind myself of (celeb) women my age who still dress in cool stuff - I think it’s all about finding people of a similar age with a style you like. Easier said than done though! ❤
I don't want to get lost in a perfectly styled journey so, I will not be harsh on myself.

I am looking up to:

Jlo
Megan Markle
Kate Middleton
Olivia Palermo
Carla Bruni ( a very balanced style)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.