Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do you buy OPI from? I prefer buying make up in person so I can see it properly, and a quick google of ‘OPI stockists’ gives me physical stores (Boots and John Lewis) that I’ve never seen OPI in, and I live in a major city with big branches of those shops. I used to swear by Essie until I discovered that they’re owned further up the chain by Nestle.
I've gotten some OPI from TK Maxx. It was the Hello Kitty collection 💝
They often have sets of each collection or a little set of 2. Def worth a look.

Reactions: 1
Good afternoon all

an anyone give me some advice on suncreams. Especially once a day application. I’m looking at P20 factor 50 but ultra sun seems to be top choice according to the independent newspaper. As anyone any thoughts regarding this?
I have a very pale skin tone with reddish undertones and burns easily. I prefer the once a day variety as it makes me feel secure in the knowledge that I’m covered.
thanks

Good afternoon all

an anyone give me some advice on suncreams. Especially once a day application. I’m looking at P20 factor 50 but ultra sun seems to be top choice according to the independent newspaper. As anyone any thoughts regarding this?
I have a very pale skin tone with reddish undertones and burns easily. I prefer the once a day variety as it makes me feel secure in the knowledge that I’m covered.
thanks
Big fan of Ultrasun. We are an Ultrasun family. Really effective products.

I like the spf 30 Face - great under makeup or without.

I prefer the sports gel, they sink in fast.

But I have tried loads of them, as has my OH. We never burn. We are both fair skinned and we stay out all day in the sun.

Highly recommend. Shop around though, there are discounts to be had.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I use La Roche Posay 50 - it’s the only one I’ve found which didn’t leave a residue on the skin. If I need a top up, I use Ambre Solaire “over makeup” spray.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone recommend a LIGHT BLONDE brow gel/pomade that I can use? I'm very fair skinned and so many 'light' shades look cartoonishly dark on me, but I have greyish-white brows and would like something to make them fit in with my hair!

Good afternoon all

thanks
I didn't get on with LRP Fluid at all, but I absolutely love the Bondi Sands Face SPF. It's about 4 quid in Superdrug and better than a lot of high-end brands, so definitely worth a try!

In terms of reapplication, I tend to go with a face mist designed to go over makeup: ironically I do like the LRP version of that product, but Garnier do a budget version and I think Ultrasun do as well?

• Heart
I use La Roche Posay 50 - it’s the only one I’ve found which didn’t leave a residue on the skin. If I need a top up, I use Ambre Solaire “over makeup” spray.
I second the La Roche! It’s fab

• Heart
I’ve recently started using Avene spf 50 with a tint. It’s light and gives me a glow. So far so good.

Thank you, @HaloGirl!!!

And to keep this on topic: I love Bioré sun Watery Essence SPF 50, a Japanese sunscreen and their Bright Essence sunscreen. Both sink in completely and you can't feel them at all. I'm rather light-skinned but tan a bit, and use those year-round, for ages now.
Right now I use the CosrX Aloe sunscreen, bit heavier than the Bioré and tends to leave e a bit more dewy than I like, but I have oily skin anyway. For someone with dry skin it might be ideal.
I also can recommend Nivea sensitive skin body sunscreen in SPF 50. It seems a bit sticky at first, but actually sinks in completely after a few minutes and didn't stain clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'd also recommend LRP and Biore sunscreens! Biore was my absolute favourite for a while but LRP is much easier to get hold of in the UK.

Although I now use Jan Marini (which I really like but is a bit pricier) after a dermatologist told me a mineral sunscreen might be better for sensitive skin

Reactions: 2
Good afternoon all

thanks
I like both the P20 and Ultrasun face creams, I find them very similar. I am medium skin toned and olive
And find the P20 on my body works fine and is clear once dry, the Ultrasun glimmer SPF30 is horrendous on me, dries clear but then gives me a white cast about 30 minutes later, I definitely won’t repurchase this.

Good afternoon all

thanks
I like both the P20 and Ultrasun face creams, I find them very similar. I am medium skin toned and olive
And find the P20 on my body works fine and is clear once dry, the Ultrasun glimmer SPF30 is horrendous on me, dries clear but then gives me a white cast about 30 minutes later, I definitely won’t repurchase this.
There are loads of different Ultrasun. I use the spf 50 sports gel, and the spf 30 face. They have no glimmer. They just protect. Ultrasun also lasts 3 years once opened. Most other SPFs you have to bin within 12 months once opened.

As a good way to top up or ensure specific areas are super protected between reapplications, I love the SuperGoop Glow Stick which is SPF50.

I really want to try some K-beauty ones when my current face SPF is finished (which is Image Skincare SPF50 btw - I used to recommend it to everyone but I think they’ve reformulated it, or I got a bad batch, because it’s now so thick and gloopy it’s almost too hard to rub in. So avoid that one I reckon!).

Just for info - there’s a P20 sun cream on Boots £10 Tuesday offer today if you’re quick!

ETA - and an Ultrasun

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not to jump in uninvited but I used to be the same and then while doing egg freezing the doctor told me I really needed to up my hydration game, and what I found super helpful was an app called WaterMinder that pings me every hour or so telling me to drink! And then you can see your progress and how much it goes up if you drink from a pint glass 😇 Might not work for everyone but worth a shot!

I haven’t seen one but there was a great thread called Glow Up Secrets or something like that and lots of posters there talked about housey stuff, from memory!
Ooh thanks for the water app. I really struggle to drink enough which isn’t healthy! X

Forgot about Sallys. They used to have a big range.

Butter London and Zoya have some really unique shades. Petrol was lovely.

LD is a bloke isn’t he used to appear on QVC. They had one of my all time favourite winter polishes, a sort of blackened green metallic. Sounds hideous but was very elegant.

I used to buy from here a lot
The drying drops from him are fab as well x

Ultrasun SPF50 face spray is the absolute tits, I saw some in tk maxx and didn't pick any up to my eternal regret!

In the salon now getting my blonde topped up and then off to Kurt Geiger, I'm going to buy an outfit for me and my little girl for our Bridgerton afternoon tea day in a couple of weeks, I've seen a gorgeous rainbow bag.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.